Thermal Suite Pass advice needed

Betsynh

We just booked Boston to Bermuda on the Pearl for late May, but it’s been years since I’ve sailed NCL. I can’t tell from the $139pp pricing on the pre-embarkation Thermal Suite Pass whether it’s for the whole week for just for one day. Trying to decide if it’s worth indulging in. Any tips please? 

Anything else we ought to know about how to maximize our time on the Pearl or NCL in general?

You can easily buy a thermal spa day pass on port days.  Well worth it to try it for a day then you’ll know for next time if you want it for a whole week.  The bigger NCL ships have better thermal spas than the Jewel class ships so maybe wait until you are on one of those ships to buy a weeklong pass.  Three weeks ago on the NCL Bliss a day pass for the thermal spa was $79 and it was worth every penny.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I had a thermal spa pass on the Pearl when we did the Panama Canal partial transit. When doing the PC transit, I went to the thermal spa and sat on a lounger during the whole transit and had a ringside seat. No one else was in the spa. Apparently, no one else thought of this idea.🙂

• Like 3

We used the Thermal Suite on the Pearl in 2010, and back then it was $99pp for the week.  IMO $139pp for the week is a must buy pre-cruise if you have any interest in using it daily.  That’s still a good price for a nice TS.  I can confirm that the price pre-cruise is cheaper than buying passes after you board (yes they will have availabilities after you board but they will likely sell out within hours).  We are right now on the Encore (via Escape cancellation) and our then-$199pp pre-booked Thermal Suite carried over to the Encore’s $249pp price.   If I recall correctly I saw it available for $279pp after boarding.  They did have a day where they sold a single day pass, but unfortunately I didn’t pay attention to the price.  I would jump on that $139pp price for the week. 

1 hour ago, sberg23 said:

We used the Thermal Suite on the Pearl in 2010, and back then it was $99pp for the week.  IMO $139pp for the week is a must buy pre-cruise if you have any interest in using it daily.  That’s still a good price for a nice TS.  I can confirm that the price pre-cruise is cheaper than buying passes after you board (yes they will have availabilities after you board but they will likely sell out within hours).  We are right now on the Encore (via Escape cancellation) and our then-$199pp pre-booked Thermal Suite carried over to the Encore’s $249pp price.   If I recall correctly I saw it available for $279pp after boarding.  They did have a day where they sold a single day pass, but unfortunately I didn’t pay attention to the price.  I would jump on that $139pp price for the week. 

Thank you! We did decide to purchase it. Definitely need some relaxation!

• Like 2

The thermal pass on the Jewel is so so worth it.  We were on the Jewel on an Alaskan cruise and it was the perfect place to be in going into see the Glaciers.  You are right up front and center so you can relax and see the sites.  

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, froglag said:

The thermal pass on the Jewel is so so worth it.  We were on the Jewel on an Alaskan cruise and it was the perfect place to be in going into see the Glaciers.  You are right up front and center so you can relax and see the sites.  

We are going on the Jewel to Alaska!  Could you please tell me about the thermal spa?  What does the cost include?  I appreciate your input!

On 4/6/2022 at 12:03 AM, Betsynh said:

So the $139 is for the whole trip?

Yes. Remember, it is a sauna and small steam room in the women's and men's locker room (along with a cold plunge). And a couple of hot tubs in the public areas. It is not the big, expansive thermal suites you see on the big ships. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, sberg23 said:

Wow. Last week our $199 Escape Thermal Suite got cancelled. Onboard the Encore, it was $316 for the week. I pushed the spa person and she dropped it to $289 for the week. I mentioned that the Encore Thermal Suite shoehorned into the back of the ship was a small little sister to the large suite on the Escape... for over nearly a 60% premium. 

We are on the Bliss in 2023; currently the selection for buying thermal passes early says, "too early to book".  Any idea how far in advance of departure NCL starts selling passes?

Edited by mtrancher
Rephrase Question

19 hours ago, WindinmySails said:

We are going on the Jewel to Alaska!  Could you please tell me about the thermal spa?  What does the cost include?  I appreciate your input!

We had the Thermal Pass on the Jewel for our Alaska cruise. We really enjoyed it. Since it is not hot outside, it felt nice on the heated loungers in the spa after coming back on board. Also felt great soaking the sore feet from hiking. It's not the most fancy spa, could use renovation but it had sauna, a couple types of hot tubs, can't remember what else. There are Youtube videos.

16 hours ago, mtrancher said:

We are on the Bliss in 2023; currently the selection for buying thermal passes early says, "too early to book".  Any idea how far in advance of departure NCL starts selling passes?

We're sailing on the Getaway in May and the thermal spa pre-purchase became available 120 days before embarkation.  I marked my calendar and bought them that day. I didn't want to miss out! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, sberg23 said:

It is so nice that the $199 was honored for you. They canceled our $199 passes and re-booked them at $249 for the Encore :(. I had too many other things going on to argue about it for very long.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, BirdTravels said:

Wow. Last week our $199 Escape Thermal Suite got cancelled. Onboard the Encore, it was $316 for the week. I pushed the spa person and she dropped it to $289 for the week. 

They didn't automatically roll over the $199 pp price for you??  While I was on the phone with the Resolutions rep handling my transfer from Escape to Encore she sent over the NCL Thermal Suite payment confirmation for $249 pp, and clarified that I was not responsible for the difference in price.

If you have that original pre-boarding receipt for $199 pp perhaps you can call in to get the difference refunded?  That's shady for them to not do for you as they did for me based on identical circumstances.

I'm presently booking the Bliss in Alaska for May '23 and will most definitely pre-order the TS.  I'm betting on $249 pp.

47 minutes ago, Maryscooking said:

It is so nice that the $199 was honored for you. They canceled our $199 passes and re-booked them at $249 for the Encore :(. I had too many other things going on to argue about it for very long.

That's really unfortunate to hear they didn't take care of you as well.  Once the dust settles might be worth a call to NCL as I am proof that they did transfer the TS pricing.