Deboarding early?

nyold

There was another thread about the pros and cons about boarding the ship early, and how everyone have their own preferences. Now I'm curious about leaving the ship. As far as I can tell, many people want to be first off the ship. My question is why? Is it about the flights? You want to get to the airport quickly and not miss the flights?

Whenever I cruise with my mom, she always wants to get off the ship early even if our flights are way later that afternoon. She thinks that "the vacation is over, and the mood on the ship is no longer the same," which I do not understand. I want to take my time in the morning, going to buffet one last time, sitting in the lounge until our time group is called, etc. 

I never want to get off the ship early.  Our flights are always much later in the day or (usually) we get a hotel and fly home the next day.  The last thing I want to do is rush, rush, rush while I'm still on vacation, one reason I don't like flying home that last morning.

• Like 1

We follow the first on, first off rule.....

Why?  We like to get thru check in and get to lunch to get the party started....unpack (we travel lite so  carry our own bags on), tour ship, register for spa raffle, meet room steward, put dirty clothes in laundry bag for first shipment, get thermal suite pass set up, go check location of table in MDR, review sommelier package, then relax before 4pm spa raffle and dinner.....

On last day, we love "self dis-embark". Nothing is going on with the ship that morning and they really want you off and out of there.....We like to head thru the custom line early before it backs up and again, we've got our luggage with us so easy to roll out to the uber or airport w/non existent lines. 

Glad we have choices!

Normally we disembark as early as possible, but the last two cruises we were one of the last ones off.  I have to say, I enjoyed this as we could have a relaxing breakfast and chill out in our cabin instead of at the airport.  

There are some airports (like FLL) where I would still try to get their as early as possible as things really back up, especially on heavy cruise ship days.

• Like 1

I drive - currently it's at least a 5-hour drive.  Coming down we break up the drive somewhere and arrive early to be among the first to board.

Leaving, we're also among the first to leave.  The sooner I'm on the road, the sooner I'm home.  I still work, so that doesn't give me much time to catch up on stuff before probably going to work the next day.  When I'm retired perhaps I'll feel differently, plus then I'll only be a 2-hour drive away.

Sue/WDW1972