FYI. Had an account/wifi/Elevate question. Celebrity says talk to your TA.

zitsky

17 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

No worries, we were in that same basement for many cruises as we only can afford to book verandas…will prob never make Elite plus but have enjoyed them all immensely and always felt treated like royalty by Celebrity staff. 

The thing I hate about NOT being Elite, is how they make you wait on the Elites in the buffet.  🙂

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'm booked under the Elevate package like 99% of us.  

I've read through many of the responses to your question to this point...

A. I think you are totally confusing Allways Included with Elevate. Elevate is extra cost over and above AI, it includes everything in AI and Elevates it. I seriously doubt if 99% book Elevate, it seems like not worth the $$.

B. If you book through a Travel Agent, then any questions you have go through the TA. Celebrity agents will not mess with a TA booking.

C. The wifi business is a total mess because of the several options. We usually have the basic wifi package, I will upgrade. If my wife needs a faster connection, she can use my account as long as I am not logged in. Quite simple actually to switch between users on the same account.

Enjoy your cruise!

Stan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so my TA agrees that Wi-Fi is shared, one person at a time.

I’ve only done this once two years ago.  Can someone remind me how you logon and log off the Wi-Fi network?  Is there a web page you go to?

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ve only done this once two years ago.  Can someone remind me how you logon and log off the Wi-Fi network?  Is there a web page you go to?

I don't know that I agree with that. When I look at a cruise that I have booked and have the Elevate package, when I view Order History I see two line items. One with my name and another with my wife's name. While I do agree that WiFi upgraded is not part of Elevate, but is included in the AI. 

57 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When do you cruise?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Yes, you’ll get those URLs when you first log in. Something like “onboardcafe” and “log off.com”. Ask in the iLounge for help if needed.

But if my wife was logged on, or if I had logged on with my iPad and now was trying on my laptop, when I tried to log on, I got a message saying that the account was busy and did I want to disconnect the other device. Click the ok button and on from there. So no need to log off unless your plan has a limit on the number of minutes.

Stan

8 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Yes, you’ll get those URLs when you first log in. Something like “onboardcafe” and “log off.com”. Ask in the iLounge for help if needed.

But if my wife was logged on, or if I had logged on with my iPad and now was trying on my laptop, when I tried to log on, I got a message saying that the account was busy and did I want to disconnect the other device. Click the ok button and on from there. So no need to log off unless your plan has a limit on the number of minutes.

Stan

Thanks.  I ask because I am pretty technical but I have been on cruises (maybe NCL) where the logon and log off didn’t work right and I had to play games to get it to work.  It’s been a few years but on one system I had to put in a fake address like 1.1.1.1.  It might have been a problem with my phone not the Wi-Fi.

26 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  I ask because I am pretty technical but I have been on cruises (maybe NCL) where the logon and log off didn’t work right and I had to play games to get it to work.  It’s been a few years but on one system I had to put in a fake address like 1.1.1.1.  It might have been a problem with my phone not the Wi-Fi.

On Equinox in February, I vaguely remember some futzing around. I kept the login page in an open window on my browser, went back to that and did a refresh if I couldn’t remember the right URL.

We had an extra complication in that we are Elite+, I opted for an upgrade on the wifi, (40% discount) my wife was using her 240(?) minutes of upgraded service, she had to constantly log off to stop the clock from running. Eventually I told her to forget it, just fall back to the basic speed, and use my account if she needed more bandwidth. Worked ok.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

Logout.com  will get you to where you want to go if you get lost.  You must have a connection to the ships WiFi for it to work. 

The majority of time on my i-devices, I connect to WiFi and wait and then the login pages comes up.  As was mentioned earlier, if another devices is connected using your WiFi account, you will be given the option to disconnect that device and connect the one you are using, or to add another device to your account, for an additional fee. 

If you buy the elevate package, does the wifi go up to 2 devices?   Husband is fine with the cheap beers and I don't drink alcohol anymore.  However I do like sparkling water and am considering buying the premium water package for me and keeping the Always Included package.  But it would be nice to have two devices, but probably not worth the upgrade. 

1 hour ago, sr4mjc said:

If you buy the elevate package, does the wifi go up to 2 devices?   Husband is fine with the cheap beers and I don't drink alcohol anymore.  However I do like sparkling water and am considering buying the premium water package for me and keeping the Always Included package.  But it would be nice to have two devices, but probably not worth the upgrade. 

As has been said in many of the prior postings, Elevate has nothing to do with the WiFi; it only adds the upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package and some additional OBC

On 4/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, zitsky said:

Your TA is incorrect.  On our three AI sailings since restart, my husband and I each had our own device on WiFi.  We were both on at the same time.  You only need to disconnect if you want to switch devices, such as going from your phone to a tablet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sr4mjc said:

AI includes WiFi for each person booked.  As has been noted, the Elevate package doesn’t impact WiFi at all.

You may be able to exchange your included alcohol package for the premium non-alcoholic package, which would include sparkling water—I think I’ve seen threads where people have been able to do that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hiccups said:

Your TA is incorrect.  On our three AI sailings since restart, my husband and I each had our own device on WiFi.  We were both on at the same time.  You only need to disconnect if you want to switch devices, such as going from your phone to a tablet.

That’s good to know?  Just confused because I have not been on a ship for 2 years.

• 2 months later...

My order history says 

Always Included Basic Wifi 2 Device

I booked solo and paid the supplement so that means I can have 2 devices connected correct?

however, it seems very limited (first cruise sorry not 100% sure about this service). If I’m reading correct, I can web surf, email and text, but no streaming from web, and no pics sent over text message? But also no Facebook or Twitter?

40$ a day seems like too much for me to upgrade to the better wifi.  Am I missing anything?

I guess I will just download a few Netflix movies, some e books to have on my iPad already in case I have downtime…

personally I feel the always included wifi a bit misleading when booking only to find out later how limited it is… small peeve I know.