Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

21 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I will be amazed (and delighted!) if we do get the refunds so soon.  My TA have responded to my communications speedily but are pointedly ignoring any reference to the 14 day refund legislation. As I said previously, I do have a bit of sympathy with them but less so with P&O. However, I won't be stomping my feet for at least another week.

I was hoping the refund would come through before end of month so it would pay for the last minute replacement cruise we booked with Princess. The credit card we used unfortunately isn’t the same as most credit cards that if a refund comes through after the statement date it will still take it off. 

10 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I was hoping the refund would come through before end of month so it would pay for the last minute replacement cruise we booked with Princess. The credit card we used unfortunately isn’t the same as most credit cards that if a refund comes through after the statement date it will still take it off. 

I fully understand. I was hoping that our refund would offset the very large amount paid for DH's new hearing aids with the same CC, but the make-up date for the statement is 4th so unlikely to happen.  I do believe you can request the CC company to refund the amount to your bank account because I have had this happen before, and they contacted me to say that is what they would do. Enjoy your Princess cruise - we were on Sky Princess when we received the cancellation news from P&O.

6 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I fully understand. I was hoping that our refund would offset the very large amount paid for DH's new hearing aids with the same CC, but the make-up date for the statement is 4th so unlikely to happen.  I do believe you can request the CC company to refund the amount to your bank account because I have had this happen before, and they contacted me to say that is what they would do. Enjoy your Princess cruise - we were on Sky Princess when we received the cancellation news from P&O.

Yes I know the hearing aid cost my OH has same problem. I know they will refund it , it’s just a hassle I suppose rather than it just offsetting it.  I booked a British Isles cruise on Emerald Princess, we already have the same cruise booked for August ( that one using the FCCs from cancelled March 2020 cruise) but I don’t mind going round the British Isles twice in two months as we have never done that before and at least if because of Covid we get offloaded or anything it will be easier to get home. Fingers crossed in the next few weeks and months the Covid infection rate will go down 🤞🤞 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I have no idea exactly how this works but I would imagine accounts are paid once a month. If theTA owes P&O after all transactions are taken into account they pay them, if P&O owe the TA money they pay them. The TAs are not using their money to pay back clients until they receive the money from P&O. 

But the good TAs do not hold money at all. Payment is made direct to P& O.

I wonder if Arcadia’s cancellations are really due to staff shortages. I happen to live opposite Portland Port and she has now been moored there for 3 days. If she was just in warm layover, as she was during lockdown, then they would have moored in the bay for free. As she is at dockside, I wonder if there is a problem needing repair?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grahambythesea said:

I wonder if Arcadia’s cancellations are really due to staff shortages. I happen to live opposite Portland Port and she has now been moored there for 3 days. If she was just in warm layover, as she was during lockdown, then they would have moored in the bay for free. As she is at dockside, I wonder if there is a problem needing repair?

Well, from our experience on the first and only cruise, there were plenty of issues that needed fixing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grahambythesea said:

Is she still there?  We saw her yesterday but, having seen a few couples and groups of people in Weymouth who I thought looked like cruisers, I put 2&2 together, made 5  and convinced myself that Arcadia was on a round-Britain cruise and Portland was a port stop.  🙄

Adonia had some work done at Portland, when she returned from being a ‘good works’ ship based in US, before she returned, briefly, to P&O, so who knows?  Probably not a good sign though wrt Adonia’s long term future?

34 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Is she still there?  We saw her yesterday but, having seen a few couples and groups of people in Weymouth who I thought looked like cruisers, I put 2&2 together, made 5  and convinced myself that Arcadia was on a round-Britain cruise and Portland was a port stop.  🙄

Adonia had some work done at Portland, when she returned from being a ‘good works’ ship based in US, before she returned, briefly, to P&O, so who knows?  Probably not a good sign though wrt Adonia’s long term future?

Still in today, can see her from work. Enchanted Princess has apparently cancelled it's call at Portland for Monday replacing it with Falmouth (odd choice) not sure if Arcadia is linked to this cancellation

1 hour ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

Still in today, can see her from work. Enchanted Princess has apparently cancelled it's call at Portland for Monday replacing it with Falmouth (odd choice) not sure if Arcadia is linked to this cancellation

I hope they don’t do that on our soon to be Princess Cruise as we are meeting family at Portland 

On 4/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, mrsgoggins said:

We  still waiting - almost four weeks after P&O cancelled. Unable to book another holiday and extremely annoyed and disappointed.  TA seems to be unable to get a definitive answer. Now considering our next steps - legal action?? Are others in the same boat ( pardon the pun) 

22 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

We  still waiting - almost four weeks after P&O cancelled. Unable to book another holiday and extremely annoyed and disappointed.  TA seems to be unable to get a definitive answer. Now considering our next steps - legal action?? Are others in the same boat ( pardon the pun) 

You could try using Resolver, I have used them a successfully couple of times.

https://www.resolver.co.uk

24 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

25 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Thanks for that information. Am interested to hear if others are still waiting for their refund. Am inclined to look at places like Watchdog who have a wider audience to see how many people have not been paid by the 14 day limit set by the government. 
Ho,idays are meant to relieve stress!

50 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

To be honest, it had slipped off my agenda!  Not in any danger of forgetting about it (I do a monthly spreadsheet of my finances and it appears there) but I'd lost track of how long it had been. I believe my TA said they had been told it could be 40-45 days and we are at day 29 today. I will send another request today and post if the answer is any different, which I don't expect.

2 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

Thanks for that information. Am interested to hear if others are still waiting for their refund. Am inclined to look at places like Watchdog who have a wider audience to see how many people have not been paid by the 14 day limit set by the government. 
Ho,idays are meant to relieve stress!

I know it's wrong that this is happening, but I have to ask myself how much time I am going to invest on chasing something up that hopefully will come within the next 2 weeks anyway. But I do stress, I know it is wrong, but I've been on this carousel with P&O before, at the start of the pandemic, and that time it was a direct booking. Lots of noise made from various bodies about what should happen, but I am quite sure everyone is mindful of the fact that nothing actually did happen other than a verbal telling off for the worst offenders.

Disappointing I know.

1 hour ago, Shipsareus said:

We haven’t got ours yet either even though the TA , a well known one beginning with B, said last week they had been told we should get by the end of the month ( which we didn’t) Also when I spoke to P & O about a completely different matter the chap there told me the week after cancellation that it had been sent. 

Not Arcadia but Aurora.  Travelling with my aunt we have two different accounts but used my travel agent.  48 hours after cancellation money appeared in two separate tranches in our accounts with T/A but in the wrong amounts.  Queried with P&O by T/A who was informed it was minus her commission which would be sorted internally between P&O accounts and her company's.  To date still showing incorrectly in her books although my aunt and I have been allowed to rebook for October and in my case December.

Chased again yesterday. It's only £90 each but as my t/a says, is just pure incompetence and we are the ones being inconvenienced.

5 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

We haven’t got ours yet either even though the TA , a well known one beginning with B, said last week they had been told we should get by the end of the month ( which we didn’t) Also when I spoke to P & O about a completely different matter the chap there told me the week after cancellation that it had been sent. 

Our refund finally appeared in my bank account yesterday, having been transferred from out TA's account on Monday. That makes it approximately 4 weeks since the initial cancellation email from P&O. Just now waiting on our deposit refund that was paid separately to the TA back in July last year.

Not too fussed about the delay as we have no immediate plans to commit those funds onto another P&O cruise any time soon.

We have our first Saga ocean cruise booked for June on SoD and will wait until we have had time to assess that experience before we decide on any future cruising plans.

• Like 1

It just makes you think…….Having been on countless P&O cruises, we were recently on our first Marella cruise. We had booked and paid for an excursion from the ship however when the day dawned, I was not feeling great so we decided to stay on the ship instead. My husband went to reception and was told to see the people on the excursions desk who were  most helpful. He was advised that we would get a refund which could take around 10 days to appear on the credit card. Not only was I astonished that we would get a refund but my astonishment increased when the refund was actually done on the day we cancelled the trip.  OK the amount of money was a lot less than some on this site are waiting for but that is not the point which is that we were afforded excellent customer service. Why can’t P&O do the same?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pennib said:

It just makes you think…….Having been on countless P&O cruises, we were recently on our first Marella cruise. We had booked and paid for an excursion from the ship however when the day dawned, I was not feeling great so we decided to stay on the ship instead. My husband went to reception and was told to see the people on the excursions desk who were  most helpful. He was advised that we would get a refund which could take around 10 days to appear on the credit card. Not only was I astonished that we would get a refund but my astonishment increased when the refund was actually done on the day we cancelled the trip.  OK the amount of money was a lot less than some on this site are waiting for but that is not the point which is that we were afforded excellent customer service. Why can’t P&O do the same?

With p&o I think you can get a refund to your onboard account if cancelled or changed once on board. 

Edited by paulatsea

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

With p&o I think you can get a refund to your onboard account if cancelled or changed once on board. 

It has to be cancelled 24 or 48 hours before I believe (can't remember exactly as on my last cruise it was P&O doing all the cancelling) otherwise no refund

With little hope of speeding up the process - but you never know - I have emailed the following to P&O

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I was notified of cancellation of the above cruise. I booked via a travel agent, but as it is you who seem to be holding up the refund, I decided it was time to contact you. I have some sympathy with the travel agents waiting to receive monies back from the cruise companies, despite its being their responsibility for refunds within 14 days.  I have NONE with you.  

I am NOT a loyal P&O cruiser, but I am a frequent cruiser and was looking to make yet another booking with P&O this year - I have 3 in the pipeline. Your inability to sort out these refunds is holding me back from booking with you again. 

I would be very happy to know when the travel agent is due to receive MY money as I believe you paid out those who booked directly almost immediately.  Not good enough treatment or communication - although you have no trouble at all regularly communicating your offers to buy from you.  Kindly respond.  Thank you.

I will let you know if I get a positive response. Is there a flying pigs emoji?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1