Onboard the Apex (April 9-16): Ask Me Anything

schittenden

Our first time onboard an E-Class vessel. Anything you want to know, let me know, and I’ll do my best to find out. Anything I should know? Please share. We’re in a concierge class infinite verandah. 

I’m traveling with my wife and 10-year old son. We were told there are just over 100 kids on board this sailing. 

98D18328-15D5-4437-B916-E69A5E202CB7.jpeg

75B377C0-5119-45A1-9921-0A6527EF7B20.jpeg

E7532566-D4E1-4A4D-BE3D-5EBB18A3C86F.jpeg

EA4DB323-F9EB-452C-8043-1867632A5A05.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, What A Market said:

Everyone’s favorite question (LOL):  how full?

Boarding as you disembark.

Thanks!

Elevators have definitely been crowded. 10-12 people in the aft elevators. Forward elevators were less full the one time we used it. The concierge lunch wasn’t crowded at all. The buffet was busy when we went through. Other areas haven’t seemed particularly crowded. I have heard they expect 2300 guests, but that was from someone else online. So, that would be about 79% capacity. 

Edited by schittenden

On 3/30/2022 at 6:05 PM, ScottC4746 said:

What are the pros and cons of Flights by Celebrity vs booking on your own?

20 hours ago, Caribound7 said:

Can you wear shorts in the main dining rooms for dinner?

NO, I saw them turn a couple away for wearing shorts

• Like 1

Hope you have an amazing time! We're getting on next week as you get off. Do you know if they are running Chefs Table, Veuve Cliquot dinner or Dinner on the Edge? If so any prices would be so helpful. Thanks! 

Thanks for taking us along ! hope you, your wife & son have a great cruise! We were on the Reflection 2 weeks ago & the Apex was docked next to us in Cozumel. She really looks beautiful!!!

Yes, very curious about your view on the infinite verandas. DH & I will be on the Beyond end of Nov- our first E class. We booked the sunset veranda. 

I would love to know if there is anywhere to find the menus for the 4 restaurants? I may contact the Captains Club? We have select dining but enjoy having the same wait staff each night of the cruise.  With the tables for 2, how is the table spacing in each of the 4 restaurants?

Many thanks & enjoy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bandp407 said:

I would love to know if there is anywhere to find the menus for the 4 restaurants?

You can look at them on the Celebrity App.  Just choose an e-class ship and you can view all of the menus there. 

🍹

17 hours ago, TMaine said:

What are your observations and opinions about the infinite veranda? 

Sorry for the delay. The “fastest internet at sea” appears to be about 9600 baud. The basic package won’t even load cruisecritic. I’ve borrowed my wife’s premium package, which is… less slow. 

We all have mixed feelings. I miss being able to slip out behind the curtain and sit on the balcony before others are up. On the flip side, the rooms are a bit narrow and that extra interior space makes them feel more spacious. The furniture (two small chairs and a small table) feel balcony-like. The window is a bit too small and the fixed glass piece is a bit too tall. I think if it was about 4” shorter, it would make it feel more like a balcony when it was open. I’m somewhat torn and not sure whether the pluses outweigh the minuses. We don’t spend enough time in the room for it to have a major effect on our vacation enjoyment anyhow. 

2 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Thanks for taking us along ! hope you, your wife & son have a great cruise! We were on the Reflection 2 weeks ago & the Apex was docked next to us in Cozumel. She really looks beautiful!!!

Yes, very curious about your view on the infinite verandas. DH & I will be on the Beyond end of Nov- our first E class. We booked the sunset veranda. 

I would love to know if there is anywhere to find the menus for the 4 restaurants? I may contact the Captains Club? We have select dining but enjoy having the same wait staff each night of the cruise.  With the tables for 2, how is the table spacing in each of the 4 restaurants?

Many thanks & enjoy! 

If you go into the app, go into your profile. Below your cruise or cruises, and click select a different sailing. Then pick Apex from the list of ships, and this week. You can then go to dining, pull up the four restaurants, and look at the menus for each night. The menus are generally the same in all four restaurants, but there are like 6-7 items that are specific to each restaurant. A few apps, some entrees, and a dessert for each. 

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Assuming nothing has changed, the Eden Cafe is open during lunch time hours on sea days.  Try the cookies and brownies and let us know what you think!

Will check it out. We’re planning to go there for breakfast tomorrow. Am I correct that it is a la carte? I love a good cinnamon roll, so I’m hoping the baked-to-order one impresses. 

6 hours ago, jmadds said:

Hope you have an amazing time! We're getting on next week as you get off. Do you know if they are running Chefs Table, Veuve Cliquot dinner or Dinner on the Edge? If so any prices would be so helpful. Thanks! 

I haven’t heard anything about them, but I’ll see if I can find anything out. 

6 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am curious about your ten year old son's opinions of the ship.  Has he cruised before?

He’s spoiled. This is cruise number 12 for him. Mostly on Carnival, but a couple Princess, a couple Disney, and this is his second Celebrity. He thinks the ship is beautiful. He also thinks it is easy to navigate and quickly learned his way around. He wishes the camp at sea wasn’t in an interior space with no windows. He’s had some fun at camp just the same and made a couple friends there. He liked the pool deck and enjoyed the main pool. 

2 hours ago, schittenden said:

We don’t spend enough time in the room for it to have a major effect on our vacation enjoyment anyhow. 

Our 54 cruises have been spent “Out and About”.  So like you cabins only enhance our cruises not make or break them. 

Looking forward to the Apex on Saturday 

Thanks answering all the questions… much appreciated 

7 hours ago, schittenden said:

If you go into the app, go into your profile. Below your cruise or cruises, and click select a different sailing. Then pick Apex from the list of ships, and this week. You can then go to dining, pull up the four restaurants, and look at the menus for each night. The menus are generally the same in all four restaurants, but there are like 6-7 items that are specific to each restaurant. A few apps, some entrees, and a dessert for each. 

Thanks much - unfortunately they are not there yet .

7 hours ago, schittenden said:

Many thanks for answering our questions. Enjoy!

8 hours ago, schittenden said:

Will check it out. We’re planning to go there for breakfast tomorrow. Am I correct that it is a la carte? I love a good cinnamon roll, so I’m hoping the baked-to-order one impresses. 

Yes!  Assuming nothing changed they're self serve on a tray with tongs