Rhine cruise - Uniworld or AmaWaterways?

ak1004

I agree with hoosier2017.  Spend one full day in Zurich.  Walkable and some neat structures.  The water runs through the city and its fun to walk along the water.  Bars and places to eat line the river

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I agree with hoosier2017.  Spend one full day in Zurich.  Walkable and some neat structures.  The water runs through the city and its fun to walk along the water.  Bars and places to eat line the river

Yes, this what we will probably do.

Looking for an hotel now. Want something good, but not super expensive, and close to the center. Narrowed the search to Boutique Helmhaus, Schweizerhof and Alden suite, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and Expedia. Thoughts?

On 2/26/2023 at 8:19 AM, ak1004 said:

Yes, this what we will probably do.

Looking for an hotel now. Want something good, but not super expensive, and close to the center. Narrowed the search to Boutique Helmhaus, Schweizerhof and Alden suite, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and Expedia. Thoughts?

We stayed at Hotel Schweizerhof last year and would stay there again if we go back to Zurich.  I don't know how expensive it was since it was included with our post-cruise extension price (Lucerne and Zurich stays).  The room was not large, but very clean and comfortable (had an adjustable bed and towel warmer), and the staff outstanding. 

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Imasima752 said:

We stayed at Hotel Schweizerhof last year and would stay there again if we go back to Zurich.  I don't know how expensive it was since it was included with our post-cruise extension price (Lucerne and Zurich stays).  The room was not large, but very clean and comfortable (had an adjustable bed and towel warmer), and the staff outstanding. 

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

Thank you very much!

It's not cheap, around $1,000 USD for 2 nights, but all hotels in Zurich are pretty expensive. I could see from the description that the rooms are not large, and Alden hotel which is actually 5* has much larger rooms and also a bit cheaper.