Cruise with confidence and price promise

TowandaUK

I have been checking prices on cabins in the same category as we are booked into and have seen a drop of £400. I tried contacting our X agent to enquire about repricing but she’s on leave until the end of the month. I intend to ring X tomorrow to ask for a reprice - but after reading of mis information being given on the phone by in experienced staff I thought I’d run it by you all on here. 
The cruise with confidence and price promise is no longer in place for new bookings. If I reprice does that reset the booking date so that I would loose cruise with confidence or does it stay in place due to the original booking date?  I have repriced before and kept the same booking number and just had a new invoice printed. So I’m hoping I will not loose it. Anyone had experience of this?  

That's my understanding too. We have had a price adjustment in the past and kept the OBC and perks, so  I'd imagine that it's just a price adjustment. 

It would be worth taking a screenshot of the price now, in case it increases again.

Also if you call in the AM, you will speak to the UK call centre and they always seem to have a better understanding of the UK website bookings IMO

Edited by rachiem
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rachiem said:

That's my understanding too. We have had a price adjustment in the past and kept the OBC and perks, so  I'd imagine that it's just a price adjustment. 

It would be worth taking a screenshot of the price now, in case it increases again.

Also if you call in the AM, you will speak to the UK call centre and they always seem to have a better understanding of the UK website bookings IMO

Thanks. I have taken a screen shot, will have to see what X says tomorrow. Think I will ask them to confirm by email if I can keep the cruise with confidence. 

I have used the best price guarantee a few times on our May 14 cruise. The first time was a price drop of £300.  This was taken off the balance as we hadn’t paid in full at that time. The second time when they offered premium drinks and $400 obc for a little over what we originally paid so for an additional £150 we received those benefits. The third and forth time was a price drop which included the premium drinks and obc but this was after final payment so we go additional obc.  As things stand at the moment we have $1330 obc. This may change if the price continues to fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

Thanks. I have taken a screen shot, will have to see what X says tomorrow. Think I will ask them to confirm by email if I can keep the cruise with confidence. 

No worries, a repricing does not change your original booking and CWC stays with it. But if you booked with a travel agent repricing and all other changes to the booking must be done via them I believe.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reassurance. We book direct with a celebrity agent working from home, and she’s been brilliant - always sorts us out as soon as we contact her. Wasn’t surprised she was on annual leave - she deserves it!  Hopefully the phone line staff will be as helpful. 

Thanks for the reassurance. We book direct with a celebrity agent working from home, and she’s been brilliant - always sorts us out as soon as we contact her. Wasn’t surprised she was on annual leave - she deserves it!  Hopefully the phone line staff will be as helpful. 

I've always found the UK staff really helpful.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your posts. Rang X this morning and got repriced - £442 saving, and was reassured we still have cruise with confidence. 

Lucky you, I did a dummy booking this morning and it is still +£300 more than we paid.