Sky Princess - blog as we sail - Mum, Dad & Teenager!

Maizie_Mouse

1 hour ago, Aladdin22 said:

Is mask wearing mandatory still? 

Yes they still expect you to wear when walking around indoor public areas & theatre, all staff wear also all the time

Of course there are always going to be some who choose to ignore the request, but for us we decided it was a small price to pay to keep ourselves safe from getting ill. 

• Like 2

Who is the captain on your ship? We will be on the Sky in late June. Last time we sailed on her, the captain was Michele Tuvo, known as Captain Bye Bye. Super guy! Hoping he will be on when we sail again. I think the captains serve 6 month terms.

7 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

Who is the captain on your ship? We will be on the Sky in late June. Last time we sailed on her, the captain was Michele Tuvo, known as Captain Bye Bye. Super guy! Hoping he will be on when we sail again. I think the captains serve 6 month terms.

No it’s not Capt Tuvo, I can’t find his name written down anywhere right

now to spell it correctly but it’s something like  Heikkin  & not even going to atempt the last name! If I find it I’ll update.

Day 10 Cadiz

well we should have been getting off for a Princess organised tour today but it was never going to happen because the 2nd part to a horse place don’t do the demos on weekends! Very disappointed because I even checked with Princess back in Feb before I booked based on my own research but they assured me it will happen so thought maybe the horse place did 1 of specials when the cruises are in & bring a coach load so booked it. 
I couldn’t find an outside company offering it either & it all made sense when I was told it was cancelled the day we boarded.

anyway we decided to not get off, we had a nice day round the pool, I even got in the hot tub & the pool, sometimes it’s nice not to get off & make the most of a quieter ship & also we’d walked the feet off ourselves in Gibraltar the day before. Lovely weather too temp 28C with a nice breeze, which my son & me did not feel ourselves get a little burnt, we did have sunscreen on, but we’ve been slathering on the aloe Vera & will have to be more careful next few days.

we kind of grazed throughout the day & went to Alfredo again for dinner. Lots of people in Tux & smarter than other nights couldn’t understand as it was not a formal night, only later in the evening when going in the lift it said on 1 of the screens it was an optional formal night so on this cruise there are only 2 Formal nights with the 3 being optional!

Sat in piazza deck 5 after dinner, house band playing, they were very good & nice to listen too,  few couples got up to dance. In fact all the musicians/singers etc that play there have been very good although my only criticism would be sometimes it can be a notch or 2 too loud, sometimes can hear yourself speak.

Tomorrow Malaga.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maizie_Mouse said:

No it’s not Capt Tuvo, I can’t find his name written down anywhere right

now to spell it correctly but it’s something like  Heikkin  & not even going to atempt the last name! If I find it I’ll update.

Just looked him up and found a Captain Heikki Laakkonen!

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 2:38 PM, Maizie_Mouse said:

Yes they still expect you to wear when walking around indoor public areas & theatre, all staff wear also all the time

Of course there are always going to be some who choose to ignore the request, but for us we decided it was a small price to pay to keep ourselves safe from getting ill. 

This made me smile , I was on the cruise before you and and followed the rules wore my mask and still tested positive the next day after I disembarked ( I am fine )....enough said.

Happy cruising.

1 hour ago, fishnchips said:

This made me smile , I was on the cruise before you and and followed the rules wore my mask and still tested positive the next day after I disembarked ( I am fine )....enough said.

Happy cruising.

Oh no that's awful. 

8 minutes ago, Maizie_Mouse said:

Oh no that's awful. 

You will be fine just as I am now ....say hi to Sachin and Marcel in Take 5, from the guy sits at the bar with his wife who drinks Breakfast at Tiffanys.. 

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

Edited by fishnchips
🍸
  • Haha 1

Hi, we are on a cruise in a week or so and wondered if you would be able to check out what make of sun tan lotion they are selling in the shops.  I know that the franchise for the shops have now changed but am hoping we can still buy the same as before.  Not a biggie, but if you happen to notice would be very grateful.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Betty

Lovely to read your review. 

I am assuming you are UK passport holders? 

Was your passport taken from you and held at any point during your cruise and or was it stamped when you dooked at your first and last Schengen ports? 

Thanks 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kayelbee said:

Lovely to read your review. 

I am assuming you are UK passport holders? 

Was your passport taken from you and held at any point during your cruise and or was it stamped when you dooked at your first and last Schengen ports? 

Thanks 

Yes hubs & son are UK & I'm an Irish passport holder. 

At no point was our passport taken or stamped anywhere along the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 4:20 PM, Maizie_Mouse said:

Out of Mayflower but back into QEII. Not sure how many on board, doesn’t seem manic except for the buffet at breakfast this morning, we were later because of mixup with clocks, thought our phones had gone ahead the hour but they hadn’t so when we got up there it was after 10 & mega busy but perhaps others had same issue with the time 🙈 seems to be a much older crowd considering it’s school hols.

Very few children could travel on this cruise due to ‘last minute’ rule changes on ‘vaccinated kids’.  We had to cancel as our 12 year old grandson could not get vaccinated within the time limits and our 9 year old twin granddaughters have only just fallen into the age groups for the UK jab programme. 
We really were disappointed and have ended up in a holiday home in Snowdonia for a week and the weather has been surprisingly good 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Very few children could travel on this cruise due to ‘last minute’ rule changes on ‘vaccinated kids’.  We had to cancel as our 12 year old grandson could not get vaccinated within the time limits and our 9 year old twin granddaughters have only just fallen into the age groups for the UK jab programme. 
We really were disappointed and have ended up in a holiday home in Snowdonia for a week and the weather has been surprisingly good 👍

I Remember from the board for this cruise & I did wonder what happened in the end. 

There are some young children on & I do wonder how they managed it unless they are from countries that vaccinated the younger kids before UK started. 

On 4/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, Maizie_Mouse said:

Kids clubs are running although my 14 Yr old has no interest in going 🤦🏼‍♀️ they left the welcome pack in our room with the full 2 weeks itinerary. No mention of bubbles. 

Some have posted from thd last cruise that there was supposed to be 400 kids on this cruise, but I've not seen too many, maybe they all hiding 😂

I doubt there will be 400+ kids on this cruise as large numbers had to cancel due to rule changes post booking. Our 12, 9 & 9 year old grandchildren  could not meet the criteria set 🥺 

We were very disappointed but just couldn’t get them jabbed in time to meet Princess’s needs.  

10 hours ago, boobasimcha said:

Hi!  Mazie,

We have just booked a cruise on Sky Princess May 24th and your blog makes interesting reading.  Keep going.   Hope you enjoyed it all

Joy

Thanks Joy. 

We are on final day so I will do a sum up post today or tomorrow once home. Currently not the calmest of sea & being exceptionally lazy by having ordered room service breakfast, just couldn't be bothered to rush to formal or do battle at the buffet.