is there still formal nights?

catspaw1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity's website for the evening dress guidance in the MDR is the best place to look. It's clear with a lot of options for women and men. 

Post #2 of this thread even provided the link to Celebrity's website. 

With due respect, it is not clear or so many wouldn't have questions here. Based on the website you would be fine in jeans or a full length formal gown. Just because 'anything goes' does not mean that is what most feel comfortable doing.  

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:08 AM, markeb said:

Yeah. But you'll get 100 ads for Tuxedos...

😃

Yes, it is still a start, especially if one does not go to X's website first... LOL

bon voyage

The printed policy on Celebrity's website is only unclear if you refuse to believe it.  It covers a range of possibilities.  The only thing to really know is that there is no true "formal" night that involves gowns and tuxes for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

With due respect, it is not clear or so many wouldn't have questions here. Based on the website you would be fine in jeans or a full length formal gown. Just because 'anything goes' does not mean that is what most feel comfortable doing.  

Which is correct, if that is how one interprets the wording on the website.

Then on Chic Night, those who do not know need to leave enough time to go change if they are not dressed according to others, which will be a good variety.

bon voyage

15 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

Disagree. Like you many people rather ask on CC or in your case google. Only one source, Celebrity. IMO, Celebrity's published suggested dress guidelines for the MDR in the evening is very clear and very simple to understand. A lot of options. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eve Chic Pretty much dress nice.   You will see very few in evening gowns and tuxes.  Mostly because they want a formal photo.  I wear a basic pr of dress slacks and a dressy blouse and sometimes pair a jacket or a wrap with them.   My slacks outfit I can dress up or down with jewelry.  I have always felt comfortable.  You will also see women in dresses or skirts and blouses. My husband usually takes a sports coat but also wears khaki slacks and a dress shirt or polo shirt.  You will see many men with collared long sleeve shirts and no tie. 
We like to travel light so we do not bring a lot of dress clothes. I have worn the same outfit several times. After all no one really cares and you will probably not see them ever again. 

Hope this helps 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:45 AM, mfs2k said:

It’s fine. 
If new people didn’t ask repeat questions we’d all have nothing to respond to with snarky comments. 

Yes, it is fine, except for quite a few of the 'repeat questions' from the 'new' users are clearly answered on X's website.

Were they not, all is forgiven.

bon voyage

• Like 1

Are these parts of the dress code actually enforced on X?

Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

I've normally said sister brand RCI and certainly shorts are de facto allowed in the MDR  there notwithstanding any written policy.  

19 minutes ago, danv3 said:

Are these parts of the dress code actually enforced on X?

Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

I've normally said sister brand RCI and certainly shorts are de facto allowed in the MDR  there notwithstanding any written policy.  

Only the staff member at the entrance to the MDR will make that decision. On the first evening of the cruise (Celebrity and RC) I always wear shorts and a polo/golf style shirt in the MDR. I believe that is the unwritten nonpolicy (?). I've also been stopped on occasion by the Celebrity Maitre'd on the first evening as we are leaving the MDR and politely advise me shorts will not be allowed in the MDR in the evening for the rest of the cruise. No problem as my wife would object before we left the stateroom. 

Edited by davekathy