is there still formal nights?

catspaw1

3 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi all, just wondering if there is still formal nights where men wore suits & ladies cocktail dresses? Is it 2 nights on a 10 night cruise?

No formal nights anymore. What replaced it is Evening Chic, which is way less formal. No need for suits, jackets or ties. Of course you can still wear them but you'll be in the minority. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi all, just wondering if there is still formal nights where men wore suits & ladies cocktail dresses? Is it 2 nights on a 10 night cruise?

Got off Apex yesterday.   Evening chic night replaces formal nights.   There were still many men in shirt and ties and suits and the ladies were always dressed to the nines.   Men can get away with dress pants and a nice shirt with no tie.   A few guys thought it was ok to wear t-shirts and they stuck out and got the looks from people.   There will always be people that just will not respect the guidelines and that is a shame.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MnM67 said:

Got off Apex yesterday.   Evening chic night replaces formal nights.   There were still many men in shirt and ties and suits and the ladies were always dressed to the nines.   Men can get away with dress pants and a nice shirt with no tie.   A few guys thought it was ok to wear t-shirts and they stuck out and got the looks from people.   There will always be people that just will not respect the guidelines and that is a shame.  

No no, please not the dreaded “looks from people “.  😵💫

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

If I had seen it in a post before, I would not have asked!

It’s fine. 
If new people didn’t ask repeat questions we’d all have nothing to respond to with snarky comments. 

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, basenji56 said:

Evening Chic and chair hogs.  What would do without those topics?  We'd have to talk about covid and that is depressing.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:39 AM, 5waldos said:

And tipping- you forgot tipping. 

And. "How do I upgrade to the Premium Drink Package"?

Some people just won't bother reading emails from Celebrity or are so lazy they won't do a "Search".

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 1:46 PM, catspaw1 said:

If I had seen it in a post before, I would not have asked!

One thing you can be relatively certain about -- At any given time, there will be a dress code thread going strong somewhere on this board! 😵

Yes there are repeat questions.  If it bores you to read them why can’t you just pass on by.  No need to be snarky.  Some folks are new to Celebrity and have legitimate questions.  Some folks have been cruising with Celebrity for twenty years plus and know about everything there is to know about changes over time.  Please be kind. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, AndyCapn said:

In fairness, the search option on CC is terrible.

I have used the search engine on Safari and other platforms.  That is the way to go.  

Also, I cannot believe how many emails I have gotten directly from Celebrity regarding Evening Chic and the change in Formal Nights.

4 hours ago, AndyCapn said:

In fairness, the search option on CC is terrible.

I never use it, I use google instead. For instance, one could type this in google's search input:

Are there still formal nights on celebrity site:boards.cruisecritic.com

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 7:30 PM, mauimary said:

Yes there are repeat questions.  If it bores you to read them why can’t you just pass on by.  No need to be snarky.  Some folks are new to Celebrity and have legitimate questions.  Some folks have been cruising with Celebrity for twenty years plus and know about everything there is to know about changes over time.  Please be kind. 

I am an Elite Captain's Club Member.  I have gotten NO emails from Celebrity although I'm signed up!  Checked 20 different ways.  So, sometimes, we just gotta ask! I appreciate anyone taking their time.  If we all can't help one another in this world, it is doomed!  EVEN for simple questions!

• Like 1

Regarding formal (chic) nights, I googled the heck out of this topic before our Caribbean cruise and never could find a straight answer, especially when it came to women's apparel. 

I ultimately chose a one shoulder black cocktail dress for night #1 and a burgundy wrap dress (would be suitable for a formal business meeting or a night out to dinner and a show) for night #2.  Both nights I felt almost over dressed but not out of place.  I was glad I didn't pack anything more formal.  I did not see any long formal gowns, few sequins, and in general a lot of casual clothes.  Most men wore a polo or a button down shirt - few dinner jackets and even fewer tuxedos (those who wore them seemed to have a more modern style and looked good in them).  Overall, it was a lot more casual than I was expecting.  Times have changed!

Hope my experience will help others with their packing.

7 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

Regarding formal (chic) nights, I googled the heck out of this topic before our Caribbean cruise and never could find a straight answer, especially when it came to women's apparel. 

I ultimately chose a one shoulder black cocktail dress for night #1 and a burgundy wrap dress (would be suitable for a formal business meeting or a night out to dinner and a show) for night #2.  Both nights I felt almost over dressed but not out of place.  I was glad I didn't pack anything more formal.  I did not see any long formal gowns, few sequins, and in general a lot of casual clothes.  Most men wore a polo or a button down shirt - few dinner jackets and even fewer tuxedos (those who wore them seemed to have a more modern style and looked good in them).  Overall, it was a lot more casual than I was expecting.  Times have changed!

Hope my experience will help others with their packing.

Celebrity's website for the evening dress guidance in the MDR is the best place to look. It's clear with a lot of options for women and men. 

Post #2 of this thread even provided the link to Celebrity's website. 

Edited by davekathy