Debarkation in Fort Lauderdale--Allure of the Seas with a toddler and 1145 AM flight

piano

Hi Everyone,

We are debarking Allure of the Seas on Apr 30 and have an 1145 AM flight out of FLL.  We have a toddler traveling with us.  We have cruised before --but not since COVID and never with a toddler!  We are very excited but have a couple of questions:

1)  What time does debarkation start if you do not carry off your own luggage?

2)  If you do carry your luggage, what time are you allowed to debark?

3)  Approximately how long does it take to clear customs currently?

I am planning to book a shuttle (to reserve a car seat for the toddler) and don't know what time to request the shuttle--

Appreciate your advice!

Do all of you have passports?  If so, the facial recognition technology makes going through Customs super fast.

If you don’t all have passports, you’ll need to wait in a traditional line.  The length of that line is unpredictable.  It depends on how many agents are staffing it and how many of your fellow passengers don’t have passports.

11:45 am is a good time for a return flight from FLL. We have booked it as well - that's usually plenty of time for this particular airport and port.

We've been cruising with DS since he was 3, however, we have always taken either a taxi or an uber/lyft with our own booster. DS has been tall and heavy for his age, so he met the minimum size reqs for a booster use very early on, but booster use is not only about the child's size, but their maturity as well, so on very short trips like FLL to Port Everglades I felt comfortable using a booster. DS always remained seated properly in a booster when traveling, which I can't say for car rides at home. He was harnessed at home till he was almost 7, despite his size.

We have brought his harnessed seat with us on a cruise once, when we had to rent a car and drive for 3 hours instead of a 10 minute trip from the airport to the port. He was 5 yo.

What seat do you use at home for your child and how old is your toddler? Some car seats are easy to use as travel seats. Some - not so much.

1) early

2) super early

3) usually under 20 minutes

We had luggage tags 26 on Allure yesterday.  We were leaving the ship  at 820,  in our car leaving the parking lot by 840, dropped our son and family off at a hotel, and home in Satellite Beach @ 1140.  And this was with stopping to get a car wash and Starbucks for some coffee. 😂. I think, unless there is a problem, you should easily make your flight.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

On 4/11/2022 at 12:56 PM, sjb317 said:

We had luggage tags 26 on Allure yesterday.  We were leaving the ship  at 820,  in our car leaving the parking lot by 840, dropped our son and family off at a hotel, and home in Satellite Beach @ 1140.  And this was with stopping to get a car wash and Starbucks for some coffee. 😂. I think, unless there is a problem, you should easily make your flight.

Sherri🙂

Your car got that dirty in a garage in a week?!?!?!?  😉 

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your car got that dirty in a garage in a week?!?!?!?  😉 

No, we parked in an outdoor lot closest to the terminal.  And a bird decided to target our car.🤣

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Haha 1

I would HIGHLY recommend that you travel with your own carseat from home, and use it on the plane as well.  

Get a folding luggage cart with an extra bungee cord and it's easy to drag the carseat through the airport.  (You can put the carseat in the closet or a corner of your room on the ship.) 

I often traveled solo with my son when he was little, and this is what I did.  My carry-on bag went into the carseat, and I fastened the luggage cart to my rolling suitcase.  I pushed the stroller with one hand and dragged the suitcase and carseat trolley behind me like a big choo-choo train.   

Your toddler is going to be more comfortable and MUCH MUCH MUCH safer on the plane in their regular carseat.