Picture-A-Week 2022 - Week 15

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, April 11 and Sunday, April 17.

Some new names posting! Welcome to the longest-running non-competition on the CC Boards!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Another picture-perfect Monday was a great incentive to head to Palm Beach on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Unusually warm weather proved perfect for alfresco lunch and enjoying the scenery. RX033494.thumb.JPG.0d17547ad95cad4546fc360bc1ee4e00.JPG

Barrenjoey Lighthouse (see also in above shot)

RX033503.thumb.JPG.e7b42df8eb4d45dc3a4af645a2302482.JPG

RX033495.thumb.JPG.0c3b16aac039f46a69e2b603daf84d6d.JPG

• Like 6

Easter was a bigger than usual family day this year. We drove up to the High Desert to attend the Easter service at Son Dan's church and listened to him deliver a remarkable message on why Easter is such an important day to so many. With his new job bringing his family back to California there were a few more seats at the Easter dinner table for the incredible feast Daughter Kassi hosted. For the first time in seven years all three of our kids and six of seven grandkids were in the same state and able to attend a family gathering. Add some in-laws and it was quite the event with lots of catching up done. The egg hunt was a colorful success, and everyone enjoyed watching the younger family members having even more fun than we did.

Whoa!

98470135_2022-15Whoa.thumb.jpg.fe453136aaee303a3954daf0d07010ee.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

Hit the wetlands again this past weekend - unlike last weekend's batch, I can post these a little faster as I got time to process on easter Sunday and after work yesterday.

Blue dasher dragonfly:

original.jpg

Golden skimmer dragonfly:

original.jpg

A male red-winged blackbird was guarding its nest nearby, and was willing to challenge any birds that crossed his path with big displays of his manhood - even a strange grounded bird with no wings and a big white tube walking past on the boardwalk:
original.jpg

These itty bitty butterflies are prevalent all summer here - about the size of a quarter, but very pretty when seen up close - the white peacock butterfly:

original.jpg

Great egret chicks, still growing up, and still wrestling and fighting like siblings:

original.jpg

A male least bittern stretching out that neck to go fishing:

original.jpg

A green heron looking a bit surprised at something - his eye looking like the #1 billiard ball almost popping out of his head:

original.jpg

A boat-tailed grackle flying right towards me:

original.jpg

A pair of tricolored heron siblings sitting together in their nest, looking in different directions:

original.jpg

• Like 6

On 4/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, pierces said:

Easter was a bigger than usual family day this year. We drove up to the High Desert to attend the Easter service at Son Dan's church and listened to him deliver a remarkable message on why Easter is such an important day to so many. With his new job bringing his family back to California there were a few more seats at the Easter dinner table for the incredible feast Daughter Kassi hosted. For the first time in seven years all three of our kids and six of seven grandkids were in the same state and able to attend a family gathering. Add some in-laws and it was quite the event with lots of catching up done. The egg hunt was a colorful success, and everyone enjoyed watching the younger family members having even more fun than we did.

Whoa!

98470135_2022-15Whoa.thumb.jpg.fe453136aaee303a3954daf0d07010ee.jpg

Dave

My parents feel your pain. The last time my siblings and I were together was in 2012 for their 50th anniversary. We tried last summer, but my brother's foster kids got covid. We won't try this year because it's too much for a long weekend. My parents have also only been able to see both of my daughters and their kids at the same time once. We did professional photos then.

My two kids and grands are on opposite coasts too. One here in NC about 45 minutes away and the other in Sonoma County CA. We can all get together about once a year or less.  I'm pretty sure you were in heaven with most of them there at one time. Did you take a kajillion pictures?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

... I'm pretty sure you were in heaven with most of them there at one time. Did you take a kajillion pictures?

Well, it was loud...

Our family has pretty good communication between the kids (we still call them that, even though the youngest is 39) and with our daughter's flight benefits, we were able to visit our son's family fairly often. That said, it was really nice to have them all in the same place after so long. 

I did take a fair number of pictures, but it was so hectic that I missed some people. We have another gathering in a couple of weeks and I intend to wield the camera more effectively. 🙂

Dave

• Like 1