Who Knows How To Resolve This Problem? RC Can’t Or Won’t!

I used some FCC and then I had to cancel the cruise. I did expect having to pay the deposit, which I did. I did expect the FCC's to be reinstated, as it really is my money being held by RCCl. But they would not reinstate as that is their policy and only taxes and fees would be returned (which have yet to be done, due some pending issue with RCCl, so I must wait for 7-10 days for them to settle their issue. I am not pleased with their "policy", but MH obviously has the final say, even when it is my money that RCCL gets to keep.

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I used some FCC and then I had to cancel the cruise. I did expect having to pay the deposit, which I did. I did expect the FCC's to be reinstated, as it really is my money being held by RCCl. But they would not reinstate as that is their policy and only taxes and fees would be returned (which have yet to be done, due some pending issue with RCCl, so I must wait for 7-10 days for them to settle their issue. I am not pleased with their "policy", but MH obviously has the final say, even when it is my money that RCCL gets to keep.

How far before sailing did you cancel?

As we became quite ill with a sudden virus, we only cancelled a couple of days prior cruise departure. One of the comments made to me was that I did not take out insurance, which I did not, as why would I take out insurance on my own money that Royal was holding?

Just now, Caesar said:

As we became quite ill with a sudden virus, we only cancelled a couple of days prior cruise departure. One of the comments made to me was that I did not take out insurance, which I did not, as why would I take out insurance on my own money that Royal was holding?

Sorry you got sick.  If you look at your confirmation it clearly states what money, if any, gets refunded when you cancel a cruise.  The fcc was yours until you used it to pay for the cruise, then it became Royal's, as if you used cash to pay.  Sorry. 

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

Using an FCC is no different than using cash.  Had you paid for the booking in cash and cancelled that close to sailing you would not have received anything back other thsn taxes and fees.  The FCC is no different.