Who Knows How To Resolve This Problem? RC Can’t Or Won’t!

14 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Are the rules in Australia different?   In the US if you have a problem with a ta, i.e., they are unresponsive,  then you can ask Royal to sever the relationship.  Not sure why they won't help.

Michael Bayley’s office advised that due to legal contractual arrangements between RC & the TA, RC can’t do anything about my FCC’s unless the TA releases them.  
It sounds like to me that RC has paid the TA cash to redeem the FCC’s. Hence, they are no longer interested.
NSW Fair Trading are trying to investigate, but they need to know the cruise, the ship, the departure date & the departure port, but, RC refuse to give me that information.  

58 minutes ago, RKHOOKER said:

lost OPs question in quote:

I then contacted NSW Fair Trading & they advised me to get the following information so action can be taken:-

1. What is the group booking Reservation ID

2. What is the name of the ship

3. What is the sail date

4. What is the departure port

5. What cabins have been booked

- - - - - - - 

edited above to add quote info 

Would that information be the original ship, sail date, departure port and cabin? 

Or are you saying the TA attached all the FCCs to a future random sailing as a placeholder?  

Good luck!  

Edited by ocean sounds
Lost quote info

Is there a travel trade organisation you can approach for arbitration. Here in UK most agents belong to ABTA  - Association of British Travel Agents who you can refer disputes to

On 4/14/2022 at 10:00 PM, ocean sounds said:

lost OPs question in quote:

I then contacted NSW Fair Trading & they advised me to get the following information so action can be taken:-

1. What is the group booking Reservation ID

2. What is the name of the ship

3. What is the sail date

4. What is the departure port

5. What cabins have been booked

- - - - - - - 

edited above to add quote info 

Would that information be the original ship, sail date, departure port and cabin? 

Or are you saying the TA attached all the FCCs to a future random sailing as a placeholder?  

Good luck!  

I suspect the same.  The fact RC won’t give me the details of where my FCC’s are is the real concerning piece of the puzzle.

In spite of new program to ease FCC failed issues , problems continue . it specifically says  travel agents can redeem FCC’s , my TA says no they can’t . 

More tools for travel agents

FlexPay is one of many new innovations aimed at making life easier for travel agents.

The pandemic brought with it a greater need for agents to be in contact with the cruise line, which contributed to longer hold times on the phone.

In an effort to combat the need to get on the phone, Royal Caribbean has been working on creating self-service tools to lessen the load on phone-based support.

Some examples of these tools include:

• Allowing travel agents to redeem future cruise credits (FCC) and check the status of a FCC online
  • Send personalized FCC reminder emails to clients 
  • Generate leads with eQuote
  • Online tool for travel agents to access and share directly with clients the current protocols for the guest’s sailing date and itinerary
  • Travel partners can explore the available offerings (i.e., shore excursions, dining options, beverage/dining packages, etc.) based on ship and sail date to better serve their clients 

Email fro TA 

Good Morning,

What we can see are FCCs that are currently listed as active in the system. This means that they have funds attached, and are ready to be redeemed. For FCCs that are being created because a balance is due, FCCs being reinstated due to cancellation, or even new FCCs that are being created,  we cannot see any information until they are created by the cruise line. We do not have the ability to create an FCC, we can only view them once created. We need certificate numbers to pull up the details of the FCC, or at least the booking number. Until the balance is created by the cruise line with that new certificate number, we won’t have access to the information, or have the ability to apply

2 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

I suspect the same.  The fact RC won’t give me the details of where my FCC’s are is the real concerning piece of the puzzle.

If I missed it I apologize but is there something that's holding you back from letting that TA complete the booking?

is this another lesson not to take FCC if cash is available. or was royal not giving cash back in 2020 when they canceled all cruises?   i'm sooo glad i got cash for my other cruise when things shut down. i knew the 25 percent bonus was BS and too good to be actually worthwhile

33 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

is this another lesson not to take FCC if cash is available. or was royal not giving cash back in 2020 when they canceled all cruises?   i'm sooo glad i got cash for my other cruise when things shut down. i knew the 25 percent bonus was BS and too good to be actually worthwhile

Used my 125% FCC from cancelled fall 2021 TA towards Oct. 2021 cruise and two Dec. 2021 cruises.

Used my 125% FCC from cancelled May 2020 cruise towards spring 2022 TA.  Will apply leftover (re-issued FCC) toward fall 2022 TA.

Of course, YMMV.

P.S.  I guess I'm "lucky in pa".  😄

Edited by Another_Critic

It looks like you do have two ways to resolve this. You won't like either solution, but how much more time do you want to spend on this? Pick the one that is least bad:

1 - pay the TA $100 and they give you your FCC.

2 - transfer your July 2022 cruise to the TA and they apply the FCC. 

Both options achieve what you want to achieve, which is to get your FCC applied to your July 2022 cruise. I understand the last thing you want to do is reward the TA, but it seems like you will save yourself a huge amount of time and aggravation and legal expenses and after all that maybe still not achieve your desired result. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

It took me about 18 months to finally get problems with FCCs issued in 2020 resolved with my TA. I lost count of the amount of times I cursed myself for taking them rather than a refund. Never worth all of the aggravation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 2:37 AM, SG65CB said:

It looks like you do have two ways to resolve this. You won't like either solution, but how much more time do you want to spend on this? Pick the one that is least bad:

1 - pay the TA $100 and they give you your FCC.

2 - transfer your July 2022 cruise to the TA and they apply the FCC. 

Both options achieve what you want to achieve, which is to get your FCC applied to your July 2022 cruise. I understand the last thing you want to do is reward the TA, but it seems like you will save yourself a huge amount of time and aggravation and legal expenses and after all that maybe still not achieve your desired result. 

I’ve gone this far.  The TA wants $100 for each FCC.  So I’ll see where Fair Trading takes this.  Maybe the scam will be uncovered by Fair Trading & the MSM get involved & report on it.  Time will tell.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, Another_Critic said:

Used my 125% FCC from cancelled fall 2021 TA towards Oct. 2021 cruise and two Dec. 2021 cruises.

Used my 125% FCC from cancelled May 2020 cruise towards spring 2022 TA.  Will apply leftover (re-issued FCC) toward fall 2022 TA.

Of course, YMMV.

P.S.  I guess I'm "lucky in pa".  😄

We had no problems taking the 25% extra. And they were used and have already sailed most, with one more in August.

As is usually the case, anytime someone says “always” or “never” , it is not helpful advice. Everyone needs to understand the rules and their own circumstances. For some , cash is the answer, for others a 25% bonus works well. 

mac_tlc

• 2 weeks later...

Update…

RC finally issued me with one (1) new Cruise With Confidence Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the value of my original two (2) FCC’s. It’s a real shame that you have to go legal to get such a simple issue resolved.

Guess what… After phoning RC to get the FCC applied to my 18th July 22 cruise, I’m told by the RC representative the FCC expires on the 11th July 2022 & can’t be applied to my cruise.  I told him the details on my FCC from RC have the expiry date as 11th July 2023.  He tells me when he puts the FCC number in the computer the expiry date comes up as 2022 not 2023.  A short time later he advised me that he’ll have to escalate the matter & it will take between 3-5 days to resolve.  I told him that’s exactly what RC told me seven months ago!!!!! 

Unbelievable!  What the hell is going on with RC?

On 4/11/2022 at 11:49 PM, RKHOOKER said:

Yes I’ve emailed Mr Bayley & RC are claiming, that there is no way they can resolve this problem.  It’s very interesting since I paid RC direct.  It’s almost like they have some how paid out the TA the value of my FCC’s.  

Can you see the scam????

Once (IF THEY EVER) RC confirm all the details about the so called cruise my FCC’s are attached too, I’ll be in a better position to take legal action against RC & or the TA.  In the meantime I’m waiting & waiting & waiting.  I feel RC & the TA are looking for a solution whereby they don’t expose themselves to the scam.  It seems I’ve backed them both into a corner & they’re stuck with no way out.

No scam. You ended your direct relationship with RCI when you involved the TA.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

No scam. You ended your direct relationship with RCI when you involved the TA.

Not so according to Australian law.  As I initially paid RC & they issued FCC meaning they have my money & owe me money, hence, the direct relationship remains in place.  However, according to Bayley’s office RC does has separate exclusive contractual agreements with TA regarding group bookings which they can not discuss with the cruise paying customers. i.e book 16 cabins & receive a free cruise or get the Owners Suite for the cost of one night…

So you think a TA booking me on a group cruise that I have no knowledge of using my FCC’s to secure two (2) cabins which enables the TA to obtain a bonus from RC is not a scam.  Well tell me what you call it. 

When RC cancel a cruise that you’ve booked (not part of a group booking) with a TA, after 45 days RC can move your FCC’s where you so wish as your contract with the TA is effectively over, but, not when your booking is part of a group booking on a cancelled cruise.  RC are locked out of the group booking.

Multiple people have told you that your TA is holding your FCC hostage (likely due to refunding of commissions), yet you keep shifting the blame to RC. Even other TAs who work with RC have responded to your post, but you're still thinking RC is colluding with the TA to scam you. TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR TA. Maybe report the TA to the licensing board? Write a negative review about the TA on TripAdvisor, Yelp, or whatever is applicable in Australia? Not sure what else you want the rest of the board to do here if you don't even agree with the basic premise that you're blaming the wrong person/entity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 1:25 AM, BazingAu said:

Multiple people have told you that your TA is holding your FCC hostage (likely due to refunding of commissions), yet you keep shifting the blame to RC. Even other TAs who work with RC have responded to your post, but you're still thinking RC is colluding with the TA to scam you. TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR TA. Maybe report the TA to the licensing board? Write a negative review about the TA on TripAdvisor, Yelp, or whatever is applicable in Australia? Not sure what else you want the rest of the board to do here if you don't even agree with the basic premise that you're blaming the wrong person/entity.

When RC won’t tell me what cruise, ship, departure port & date my FCC’s are applied to, I think RC’s silence guarantees they’re involved & may well be responsible.

NSW Fair Trading is currently investigating…