What does the Ocean Ready “ Link Booking”

Sailaway John

Linking is to link your booking with one or more others.

In the past it's main purpose was to allow different bookings to be assigned the same table at dinner for those in Traditional Dining.

I am not sure what its main purpose is now.

So to link a booking, you do not enter your own booking number. You enter the booking number of another reservation that you want associated with your booking.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

So to link a booking, you do not enter your own booking number. You enter the booking number of another reservation that you want associated with your booking.

In this respect the other people need to enter your booking reference to their linking request as well to make sure both  parties wish to be linked. Once both parties have made the request is happens automatically.  You cannot do it unilaterally!

Once on board you can find out the location of the other people at any moment in time by clicking on "Find Shipmates", on your app if it is working and if not the noticeboards allow log on using medallion and searching for shipmates that way.  Their photograph pops up to identify them plus the relevant name.

There is a system to "add shipmates" on board if you make good friends and want to hang out as a group.

A friend on board travelling with elderly relatives did not want to be tracked and did not mention the facility to the rellies.

Lol John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sailaway John said:

Have tried to link my booking after giving my Booking Number and nothing happens, can anyone help, please.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

In the past it's main purpose was to allow different bookings to be assigned the same table at dinner for those in Traditional Dining.

I am not sure what its main purpose is now.

With respect, I don't think this is what the OP was asking.  What @caribill had described is adding Travel Companions.  Once added, you can include them in a party for making dinner reservations.

The Link Booking function is purportedly to add a Princess booking to your MC App profile.  I really do not know why it is there since bookings automatically get associated with your profile in MC App a day or two after made in POLAR (Princess booking) system.  For bookings not appearing in MC App, it is my belief this function in the App doesn't help or work to make that happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The Link Booking function is purportedly to add a Princess booking to your MC App profile.  I really do not know why it is there since bookings automatically get associated with your profile in MC App a day or two after made in POLAR (Princess booking) system.  For bookings not appearing in MC App, it is my belief this function in the App doesn't help or work to make that happen.

When the Link Booking box is there, you are already in your own booking. It is not a "yes" or "no" question, but asks for a booking number.

If you were trying to link your own booking (that you are already signed in to) with the MC App, why would it ask for your booking number again?

15 minutes ago, caribill said:

When the Link Booking box is there, you are already in your own booking. It is not a "yes" or "no" question, but asks for a booking number.

If you were trying to link your own booking (that you are already signed in to) with the MC App, why would it ask for your booking number again?

Yes, I now it is not Yes/No.  But you do hit the nail on the head.  This feature appears to have no real usage to me.  To answer your question, you could be in MC App under your booking ABCABC and not seeing your next booking XYZXYZ.  Presumably, you could use this feature to link XYZXYZ.  BUT, that shouldn't be necessary.  I have to read of a situation or case where this feature has a purpose.

• Like 1

The “link a booking” option was designed to assist when your credentials successfully logon, but the specific sailing does not appear.  In theory you can add the booking number and bingo, the medallion app links to your cruise   Then you can become ocean ready. 

IF however, like me, your Princess account has some hidden, background corruption issue the medallion app will not find your cruise even with the link booking method .  I was told that this problem behavior is frequently, but not always,  seen when a passenger has a cancelled cruise in their background. 

you will find that the medallion navigators, when you call their 800 number, cannot fix this problem.  Instead they write it up and escalate.  

I first called 60+ days before embarkation. Called another 14 times in the following weeks. Issue got fixed 3 days before sailing. 

Call it “OceanBug” rather than “OcaneNow”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

The “link a booking” option was designed to assist when your credentials successfully logon, but the specific sailing does not appear.  In theory you can add the booking number and bingo, the medallion app links to your cruise   Then you can become ocean ready. 

IF however, like me, your Princess account has some hidden, background corruption issue the medallion app will not find your cruise even with the link booking method .  I was told that this problem behavior is frequently, but not always,  seen when a passenger has a cancelled cruise in their background. 

you will find that the medallion navigators, when you call their 800 number, cannot fix this problem.  Instead they write it up and escalate.  

I first called 60+ days before embarkation. Called another 14 times in the following weeks. Issue got fixed 3 days before sailing. 

Call it “OceanBug” rather than “OcaneNow”

My app just crashed.  Sailing on Sunday.  Hoping it is transient  (all was working fine earlier today) but just in case...what 800 number did you have for the Medallion Navigators?  When I had an issue on a previous cruise no one knew the Medallion App support phone number.  Sigh.

Thanks for any info!

57 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

My app just crashed.  Sailing on Sunday.  Hoping it is transient  (all was working fine earlier today) but just in case...what 800 number did you have for the Medallion Navigators?  When I had an issue on a previous cruise no one knew the Medallion App support phone number.  Sigh.

Thanks for any info!

That number has been disconnected.  You have to call the main Princess line and select the option for MC App support.

• Like 1