Will Princess cancel their Asia bound cruises as Celebrity have just done?

devonuk

13 hours ago, leck57 said:

My Hong Kong to Sydney August cruise was cancelled many months ago. Not sure what Asian cruises you are referring too. 

13 hours ago, leck57 said:

My Hong Kong to Sydney August cruise was cancelled many months ago. Not sure what Asian cruises you are referring too. 

The 18 Asia cruises that Celebrity have cancelled. 

3 hours ago, devonuk said:

The 18 Asia cruises that Celebrity have cancelled. 

Considering you cannot book an Asian Princess cruise at any time in 2022 I think the answer is they have already cancelled them.

• Like 1

As others have said Princess and some others pulled out a while ago. I’ve been paying attention to the situation because I was booked on a Celebrity cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong. It was one of the cruises Celebrity cancelled this week. 

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

Considering you cannot book an Asian Princess cruise at any time in 2022 I think the answer is they have already cancelled them.

I’m more interested in my Oz to HK cruise in March ‘23 😬

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, devonuk said:

I’m more interested in my Oz to HK cruise in March ‘23 😬

Probably would have been useful if you put the date in your initial post.

I hope you get to go. I have been looking at that sort of cruise myself from here but we have decided to boycott any port related to that country that caused this problem. A shame the cruise doesn't end in Singapore which is one of our favourite places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What Celebrity just canceled was their Asia cruises through the April 21, 2023 Transpacific...We were supposed to have been on the last two on Solstice--April 9, 2023 Japan and April 21, 2023 Transpacific...

Figuring the ships were to head to Asia in September 2022 (IIRC) and run Asia cruises until then, the dates make some sense even though the last cruises of the season are still a year away...If you are not sure it's safe to run the Fall 2022 cruises, then you don't send your ships over...and you can't arbitrarily choose a date that will be safe.  And you can't cancel a few at a time and leave everyone hanging, then try to schedule last minute cruises elsewhere and fill them up in short time.  So, they just pulled the plug on the whole season and redeployed the Solstice (the ship we were booked on) to the Mexican Riviera.  This gives them some lead time to market those cruises.

We were offered a "lift-and-shift" to Asian cruise on the Fall 2023-Spring 2024 season and will be going in March/April 2024 instead.  BTW, we originally booked in 2019 for 2021 and have moved this three times now...Nothing we can do about the pandemic except doing our part and getting vaccinated, wearing masks, etc. and hoping the rest of the world does the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 10:26 PM, kiwimum said:

We are booked on San Diego to Japan February 2023 on the Diamond.  No cancellation so far.

We are also, and the two Japan cruises that follow, mostly because of Guam and Saipan, the cherry trees and the $1 deposit promotion. Unfortunately, unless COVID is firmly in the rear-view mirror by then (and it won’t be), I won’t take a chance on a cruise of that length or B2B cruises. 

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We are also, and the two Japan cruises that follow, mostly because of Guam and Saipan, the cherry trees and the $1 deposit promotion. Unfortunately, unless COVID is firmly in the rear-view mirror by then (and it won’t be), I won’t take a chance on a cruise of that length or B2B cruises. 

As someone else who likes serial B2B2….N cruising, I’m going to be a lot more enthusiastic about it when I can *know* I have access to Paxlovid the day I test positive.  That currently ranges from “easy to do onshore in the US” to “essentially unavailable” in the rest of the world.   I would happily carry my own with me were it available for purchase, but until then, I remain skeptical about the current state of pre-departure, pierside and onboard screenings. 

Getting infected on Ruby ruined a couple of days and left me with a literal bad taste in my mouth - Paxlovid causes a foul taste perception for a small percentage of users while and for a few days after taking it.  Had I been stuck onboard without access to it, I think it would have been more like when I had COVID Classic, which was substantially worse. 

Princess is clearly aware that doing the minimum the law requires endangers their employees and guests.  They’ve tried fixing it (see the most recent Emerald sailing vs Ruby and Caribbean) and I hope they’re learning a lesson.   For want of two more $7 LFTs on long cruises, they’re getting dragged.