Proctored covid test

I read the policy on testing before boarding ship and it said testing would be available for kids at the pier nothing mentioned about adults. Does anyone know if adults will be able to get tested at pier? (in Italy) . I am flying into Rome the day before departure on cruise. I think 1 day before is a little much. 2 days would have been better for people flying in for cruise. As of now I don't need a test to fly to Italy so I hope that doesn't change or else we will need 2 tests . Getting expensive with all this testing.

• Like 1

Not sure about Italy but I can offer that San Juan (Pan American) offered testing at the terminal for adults for a fee. We had an appointment as a backup plan but were able to do the eMed tests instead and then cancelled the RCI test via the company being used.

You can find out on the RCI portion of health policy to input your port info and make an appointment for the morning of cruise sailing day port testing. They only offer them on that day.

Thank you Ashland, we are (hopefully) sailing out of San Juan PR on April 24 on Explorer and you just answered my question 🙂 However I am confused as I read this test is $105 per person, so how did you get them for free? TIA and kind regards from Zurich Switzerland 👋

23 minutes ago, Fajako said:

However I am confused as I read this test is $105 per person, so how did you get them for free?

I think @Ashland said there was a fee, not free. If you fly in just one day out from overseas, any test you take for the flight to San Juan will cover you for the cruise.

• Like 1

Biker19 you are right, thank you for correcting this, I misread it. We'll be in Florida for a couple days before flying to San Juan, so no need for a test except for our 4 y old since we'll be considered domestic. Or not? Afaik it's where you fly from and not your passport when it comes to defining domestic for travel purposes to PR - I'd appreciate any comments on this.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, rfs7306 said:

I read the policy on testing before boarding ship and it said testing would be available for kids at the pier nothing mentioned about adults. Does anyone know if adults will be able to get tested at pier? (in Italy) . I am flying into Rome the day before departure on cruise. I think 1 day before is a little much. 2 days would have been better for people flying in for cruise. As of now I don't need a test to fly to Italy so I hope that doesn't change or else we will need 2 tests . Getting expensive with all this testing.

I can't answer your question but testing is available at Rome Airport on arrival. Think you need to book in advance on line. 

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fajako said:

... We'll be in Florida for a couple days before flying to San Juan, so no need for a test except for our 4 y old since we'll be considered domestic. Or not? ....

You will NOT need a test to fly from Florida to Puerto Rico. There *IS* still  a requirement  that every one be tested prior to boarding the ship in San Jaun.

I'm on your cruise, and I know that fully vaccinated people have to present a negative proctored test result that was taken NO MORE than two days prior to embarkation (i.e; on Friday, Sat., or Sunday.) This can be an antigen, or a PCR test.

I can't get the Royal Caribbean web page to load right now, but I *think* that the four year old will need a negative PCR test taken on Thursday/Fri/Sat, in addtion to a test that will be taken at the pier.   

Double check the requirments here on Royal Caribbean's page:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Aloha, Au revoir, Wiedersehen;

John

• Like 1