Navigator - impressions ?

Huggsy

21 hours ago, Gpilon said:

I certainly understand your position re a guide. I just think Montreal is so unique (think European) that it is best visited to suit one’s own pace. During summer months there are just so many outdoor cafes and patios that My preference would be…”Hey….this looks like a cool place for a drink” rather than having to pass them by because a guide wants to show “more” of the city. La joie de vivre takes precedent when in Montreal. 

So agree about Montreal (and Quebec City) being unique. We take private guides so they do whatever we want, so if we decide we want to stop, they stop. You can enjoy Montreal without a guide, no doubt about it, i just like to learn while i tour. 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:53 AM, papaflamingo said:

We are spending 2 nights in Montreal (flying in Wed. boarding Sat. so one full day).  We are downtown near the port so if you have any causal dining recommendations or "must see" thing for one day I could use some suggestions. 😎

We've stayed twice at the Intercontinental, right on the edge of Old Montreal.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, Gpilon said:

Another terrific hotel. See my suggestions for labonnavie for restaurants above. Honestly, there are just so many great restaurants, bars, bistros in that area it would be hard to go wrong. A trip to Crescent Street would also be highly suggested.

Thank you for the suggestion.  We will certainly look at heading to Crescent street and check it out!   Wish we had more time in Montreal, but our grandson "graduates" 5th grade so we could only spend 2 nights and 1 day there.  

Edited by papaflamingo