End date for free Cucina and Chibang on Mardi Gras

jimbo5544

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Heard from someone on the ship, as of 5/1 the free dining at these two will end.  

That's such a shame and a mistake in my opinion.

I guess Carnival is gonna do anything they can do recoup these pandemic funds.

ETA: Should we assume this would be the same for Guys Pig & Anchor dinner as well?

Edited by BabyJacks17

41 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Will the no charge dining room be able to accommodate the additional Anytime Dining passengers that previously went to Chibang/Cucina because it was free?

Very good question When we were on the Mardi Gras, there were a couple of nights (as Anytime Dining passengers) when the wait for dinner after checking into the app was very long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiserbrianj said:

I'll take the up charge at Cucina if it means they bring the full menu back. No calamari. No garlic rolls were notable items missing last week. Kinda disappointing really. 

I hated my Cucina experience on Mardi Gras a couple weeks ago. It wasn't Cucina. Nothing was made to order. The menu wasn't the same. The only positive thing I have to say about it was the wait staff were the nicest on the ship. I eat dinner exclusively at specialty restaurants on Vista Class ships... and ate specialty every other night on Mardi Gras. I would have been THRILLED to pay the usual Cucina service charge for the usual Cucina menu and experience.  Maybe Carnival will bring it aboard Mardi Gras and ditch the imposter product they are passing off currently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiserbrianj said:

I'll take the up charge at Cucina if it means they bring the full menu back. No calamari. No garlic rolls were notable items missing last week. Kinda disappointing really. 

Bingo

9 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

It was announced from the beginning that they would only be free during inaugural season,  it would end in April

Yes but when questioned John Heald insisted they had no plans to start charging. I won’t be shocked if he’s wrong yet again. I did enjoy being able to try these restaurants on the Mardi Gras in February. I was looking forward to them again in November. I’m not sure if I’d pay $18pp but we shall see. 

1. NO WAY the YTD dining room can accomadate all the people then if they do this it is way to small.

2. Who did you hear this from, who is your source.

3. They better not it will screw all my dinner plans I made for the week with my other paid specialties 

4. If it is true then they should have those 2 on our acct so we can book them as a specialty restaurant 

Edited by b4coco
  • Like 2

I assumed on that class ship it would remain free. It's going to be a madhouse at dinner time if those places start charging.

There is already a significant wait time In the mdr as it is..

9 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

I assumed on that class ship it would remain free. It's going to be a madhouse at dinner time if those places start charging.

There is already a significant wait time In the mdr as it is..

Maybe they'll flip dining rooms, assuming the other dining room is larger? I think more and more ships have been flipping so that the YTD is in the bigger dining room.

6 hours ago, b4coco said:

1. NO WAY the YTD dining room can accomadate all the people then if they do this it is way to small.

2. Who did you hear this from, who is your source.

3. They better not it will screw all my dinner plans I made for the week with my other paid specialties 

4. If it is true then they should have those 2 on our acct so we can book them as a specialty restaurant 

Have a good friend on board who heard it at the diamond luncheon

7 hours ago, b4coco said:

If I had to guess, the goal was never to fill the YTD room. It was probably more along the lines of how to incorporate the large number of extra eating venues to increase value. Whether it was higher fares or individual charges. 

Just now, cruisemom2 said:

I hope this is the correct info but I guess we'll sure hear about it in a couple weeks.

I’m gonna assume it is. I don’t see the point in assuming the worst when there’s zero evidence to support that conclusion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl1919 said:

John Heald replied to another poster 30 minutes ago saying "Hello, no this is not true. Once again I'm afraid my friends cruise critic got it completely wrong. There are no plans to change these to paid" 

Sounds like John doesn't have much confidence in the reliability of the CC fandom.

• Haha 1