P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But the P&O test system caused significant delays and everyone had a time slot, so why would your proposal not cause the same chaos?

Time slots are for terminal arrival, not appointments for tests. Totally different. Do not see massive queues outside Lloyd's pharmacy or Boots!

6 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Time slots are for terminal arrival, not appointments for tests. Totally different. Do not see massive queues outside Lloyd's pharmacy or Boots!

I doubt they do 3000-5000 tests over a 4 hour period, otherwise there would be long queues.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davecttr said:

What does a Randox fit to fly certificate look like? Does it just show the date or the time as well. I will want to do my test at 6am which is still the day before.

Something like this ...download.jpg.fbcffecca5a6805881a1dd9832111c91.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

Not my figures, I was quoting a press report on the ONS stats I recently read. The latest ONS stats suggest that the figure is now nearer 1 in 45, for England, Wales and Scotland, which is excellent news BUT it still means that an unacceptable number of passengers stand to be turned away from Southampton, if LF testing is carried out there, just before they checked in for boarding.

Don't get me wrong, the LF testing that now has to be carried out the day before embarkation is a real pain but, in my humble opinion, more acceptable than travelling long distances to be then turned away.

Just an observation.

No tests at all would be very convenient. Perhaps soon.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

In our local boots there are always big queues.

18 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Is that for testing in store? If so, which branch is it. Not all Boots do it.

That's to get in the shop. Only two people at a time due to Covid, so leave the kids outside. Keeps the staff safe.

7 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Free for all at my local Boots. No restrictions whatsoever.

Our Lloyds let only 4 people in. Seems you can only get it in Woking chemists. Planes, ships , hotels, pubs...ok. dangerous places those chemist shops.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pine Man said:

Free for all at my local Boots. No restrictions whatsoever.

Same here. Folk just pile in, cram up to each other and the like. Now I still wear a mask in shops and in Boots yesterday a bit of fluff or fabric from the mask got into my throat, so I had a few coughs to clear it - still masked up. One customer near me with hubby and kids (no mask on any of them) tutted dramatically and said in a blunt, annoyed manner that she hoped I don’t give her and her family Covid. To which I replied, and unfortunately it came out somewhat more tersely than I intended:  “well if you choose not to wear a mask then you’re more of a target for Covid so good luck with that”. 

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sparky5942 said:

I did a Randox test this morning as a dry run and it did not look anything like this??

Hi sparky I got this off the internet and  I did post  "Some thing like this..... "

Companies do change things ,so if you have the means to post the up to date version 

but deleting any personal info out of it ,I'm sure a lot of us posters would be very 

pleased to see it . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi sparky I got this off the internet and  I did post  "Some thing like this..... "

Companies do change things ,so if you have the means to post the up to date version 

but deleting any personal info out of it ,I'm sure a lot of us posters would be very 

pleased to see it . 

Any information is welcomed. 8 weeks till our next cruise. Hopefully no tests by then.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Any information is welcomed. 8 weeks till our next cruise. Hopefully no tests by then.

I hope you're right about no tests by then. But, according to my TA (the well known one) when I mentioned the new testing policy to her on the phone last month, P&O expected it to be in place "at least until October this year, and they'll review it and make another announcement then if any change." I live in hope of an earlier change. But, if not, I'm getting very used to this "living without cruising" lark. Someone wrote on here a while back "The longer I go without cruising, the less I miss it". And I must admit, that's me now as well.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

pleased to see it . 

This is what I received762726808_Screenshot_20220514-163341_RandoxCertiFly2.thumb.jpg.94595599839e257b37c57598bac4da1d.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Valfan said:

I hope you're right about no tests by then. But, according to my TA (the well known one) when I mentioned the new testing policy to her on the phone last month, P&O expected it to be in place "at least until October this year, and they'll review it and make another announcement then if any change." I live in hope of an earlier change. But, if not, I'm getting very used to this "living without cruising" lark. Someone wrote on here a while back "The longer I go without cruising, the less I miss it". And I must admit, that's me now as well.

We had 3 cruises last year and will do another 3 this year. If we have to tolerate all the faff, we will, but so unnecessary.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Valfan said:

I said, only last night, to my husband that after our Azura cruise in June I don't want to book any more until things are more normal.  The thought of wearing a mask even if just sitting chatting to our friends in the bar horrifies me 😲

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Pencil62 said:

now I understand thank you. We go in 3 weeks. I was reading the rules as they apply to us. Its so confusing isn't it? Enjoy your cruise and please let us know how it goes.

I think you are about ready to go cruising . Could you please let us know how things go with 

your testing  if you find time . Oh and enjoy your cruise :classic_smile:

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think you are about ready to go cruising . Could you please let us know how things go with 

your testing  if you find time . Oh and enjoy your cruise :classic_smile:

We have tests booked at our nearest Lloyds about 3 miles away. However after reading reports of Lloyds cancelling at short notice I have collected a couple of Randox test at home kits as back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1