P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

With the requirement to get your own test and pay before your cruise after 29th April

I have been  reading through the forum and it  seems to have a lot of people worried .

Some because of lack of a smartphone and some who live remote and if doing an in 

person test are miles away from a centre/chemist. 

I thought it maybe a good idea for those who have used a service to let others  know 

how easy it was use? What was the cost of the test? How long did it take for your 

certificate to be e-mailed to you ?  Thank you 

• Like 9

I understand that 'Some Lloyds Pharmacy's offer the test for about £29 and the result is within 15 mins.  A certificate/proof is also  given.

Today I've telephoned  a couple of Lloyds pharmacy's in my area , they have confirmed they do the test, however one need to book it on line .

The above may help those who live in the UK as we are all familiar with a Lloyds Pharmacy  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We used “Official Rapid Tests” for our recent Princess cruise. They are on the government approved list and offer postal or in person tests via a network of local independent pharmacies so cover a few more rural areas.

We opted for the in person test done on site by the pharmacist. She did the test, we waited 15 minutes and had the results on our phone before leaving the shop. 

We booked the “fit to fly” test  at £35 per person on line, a week in advance.  They asked for date of birth, passport details and an uploaded photograph. We needed to take our passports to verify our identity on the day.

We had a great experience, easy to book, quick and efficient testing and certification (but because they use some independent pharmacies this could of course differ from place to place).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We used DAM Health. We went to their clinic about 5 miles from home the test was very efficient and the results arrived while we were in the car driving home.  We did have a bit of a faff because they sent my result twice and didn't send "he who should be ignored" any result, we couldn't  get through to them on the phone so we ended up going back to the clinic to get his result sent.

We will probably use them again for our cruise in July.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We recently used Prenetics.  Collected the tests from their site at Sarfend airport to keep the cost down (£15 per test) a few days before travelling.

Created on-line accounts with Prenetics at home.

Registered and did the tests whilst at a hotel the evening before flying.  Took pictures of the test cartridges, uploaded the pics to Prenetics.  Received our certified results within about 10 minutes.  Downloaded the certs onto our phones so that we could access them without being reliant on internet availability.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We recently used Prenetics.  Collected the tests from their site at Sarfend airport to keep the cost down (£15 per test) a few days before travelling.

Registered and did the tests whilst at a hotel the evening before flying.  Took pictures of the test cartridges, uploaded the pics to Prenetics.  Received our certified results within about 10 minutes.  Downloaded the certs onto our phones so that we could access them without being reliant on internet availability.

Good plan- unfortunately Princess require supervised tests in Europe.

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just a photo ? So you could have got one covid free person to do all your tests?

1 minute ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Just a photo ? So you could have got one covid free person to do all your tests?

Yep.

Re the previous discussions of whether or not people would cheat the system, my "experience" of people doing this is:

My Mum's care home started allowing visitors in provided they had done an LFT and submitted the result to the NHS site that day.  Following that decision there have been two outbreaks of covid in the care home, the last one lasting three weeks.

When I visited Mum yesterday, the home would not accept my NHS test, and a member of staff did the test as the home can no longer trusts people to truthfully report their test results.

Not quite the same subject, but I was reading the Fred Olsen website for our friend who might go on her own with them.  They REQUIRE all passengers to have a tablet or smartphone to be able to access emails on board and QR codes for going ashore.

"Some countries require guests to be able to provide certain information prior to or upon arrival. This is typically in the form of a QR code, which means guests need to be able to access their emails during their cruise, whether it is via their smartphone or another digital device such as a tablet."

She won't be doing that then!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We used DAM Health. We went to their clinic about 5 miles from home the test was very efficient and the results arrived while we were in the car driving home.  We did have a bit of a faff because they sent my result twice and didn't send "he who should be ignored" any result, we couldn't  get through to them on the phone so we ended up going back to the clinic to get his result sent.

We will probably use them again for our cruise in July.

We also dont live far from there and I have been checking their website out, that’s useful to know how easy it was thank you. Just trying to navigate the 24hrs before element 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wiseyowl said:

We also dont live far from there and I have been checking their website out, that’s useful to know how easy it was thank you. Just trying to navigate the 24hrs before element 

P&O have clarified that and it is now the day before your embarkation day

From the P&O site - Southampton departures

From 29 April 2022 onwards:

All guests aged five years and over will need to organise and pay for a private lateral flow/antigen test, to be taken one day prior to embarkation of the ship (NHS tests will not be accepted). Guests will need to present their valid negative antigen test certificate, often referred to as a ‘fit to fly’ certificate, at the ship's terminal.

this is useful as well

Organising your pre-cruise lateral flow/antigen test:

As mentioned above, guests aged five years and over will need to organise and pay for a private lateral flow/antigen test. You can order your lateral flow/antigen test kit online through any government approved testing provider in advance. You will need to take the test at home one day prior to embarkation of the ship. This test doesn’t need to be medically observed. Guests will need to submit their negative result online to their chosen testing provider and will then be sent a ‘fit to fly’ certificate within a couple of hours. Please note, NHS tests will not be accepted. To help, we’ve listed a few suppliers below (subject to availability).

• Like 3

I have come back from a short break today to find out about this new departure information - we sail on the 30th!

I looked on the Randox Health website and they are charging £11 for click and collect from a stockist in your area, I picked mine up from a local newsagent.  You need to download an app to be able to use these tests though but it is fairly simple and if you need to ring them for information they are really friendly.

You can also get one delivered to you for £13.50 or £12 with a code - just google and one will come up.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 3

I have notes some posts stating spoke to their TA and 24hrs still be quoted- we have a while yet until July so will watch and wait and see how it unravels. We travelling by coach so keen to get doe day before and on less thing  to sort out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not quite the same subject, but I was reading the Fred Olsen website for our friend who might go on her own with them.  They REQUIRE all passengers to have a tablet or smartphone to be able to access emails on board and QR codes for going ashore.

"Some countries require guests to be able to provide certain information prior to or upon arrival. This is typically in the form of a QR code, which means guests need to be able to access their emails during their cruise, whether it is via their smartphone or another digital device such as a tablet."

She won't be doing that then!

Hello,

I've never sailed with Fred. so do not know - are there no computer/IT lounges or terminals for general use on their ships?

Regards,

Cublet

I am due to sail on Aurora early May and glad topic has been raised. 

What I need  p and o to clarify - and have sent them a DM - is should test be within 24 hours I.e. 1day or anytime the day prior to sailing . It makes a huge difference.

hope they clarify soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, J110 said:

I am due to sail on Aurora early May and glad topic has been raised. 

What I need  p and o to clarify - and have sent them a DM - is should test be within 24 hours I.e. 1day or anytime the day prior to sailing . It makes a huge difference.

hope they clarify soon.

It actually states on the P&O website that it is the day before, the original message regarding 24 hours was changed yesterday. See post #13.

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

How did the testers know it was you who did the test  as the pictures of the cartridge did not show who took the test! I would think this system is open to 'mistakes'.( and I dont mean you would fake it)

22 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

How did the testers know it was you who did the test  as the pictures of the cartridge did not show who took the test! I would think this system is open to 'mistakes'.( and I dont mean you would fake it)

To be honest the testers have no idea who did the test - I know someone who knew they were negative do a test for someone else - this was late last year, not recently.

• Like 1

We are off on a Celebrity Cruise next week and they have made a real hash of informing us of requirements. Only made clear to us 2 days ago.

They have complicated matters by splitting guests into 3 categories and when you take the test depends on what cat the guest is in. In our case we are known as being "up to date" i.e. 2 jabs and at least one booster, that means we can take a monitored lft 2 days prior to boarding. Fully vaccinated means a test the day before and the unvaccinated must have a test on the day with restrictions imposed on those passengers whilst on board.

At least P and O have made it very clear what is required - but of course this may change between now and then.

Me and my husband have been "isolating" for 7 days - no shopping and only leaving the house for outdoor exercise as we are desperate to ensure we have a negative test on Tuesday. 

• Like 3

With due respect guys I think people want to read about how people go about 

getting a test ,cost ,experiences etc  for something they can future reference 

will  help them on this thread . Fraud tests help no one .Thanks for understanding .:classic_smile:

• Like 8

I was reading on one of the other threads that some people were asking how they could test 

their old Mum who didn't have a smart/ I phone ,"How could they do a test ?"

Watching the film below it seems you can put other members tests via one phone .

(You register the test with name and purchase code)

It goes without saying people with no means of scanning would need to seek out a walk in centre or a friend who has a suitable phone .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wiseyowl said:

I have notes some posts stating spoke to their TA and 24hrs still be quoted- we have a while yet until July so will watch and wait and see how it unravels. We travelling by coach so keen to get doe day before and on less thing  to sort out

It is the day before - 100% or to put it another way "up to 24hrs before the beginning of embarkation day"

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Good plan- unfortunately Princess require supervised tests in Europe.

But this is a P&O board so very relevant.

• Like 4