P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

In March we used DAM Health which is 15 to 30 minutes drive from our house.

We booked on line.

It cost £22.49.

We were in there less than 10 minutes.

The results were emailed to us while we were in the car driving home.

We have booked with them again for July.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

If your day before test goes wrong for some reason, can you get it done somewhere in Southampton on morning of cruise?

Good question . So if you had traveled down the day before and stayed in a hotel  and tested there for example , I would be looking for somewhere that did emergency appointments .

This place would be handy    https://dam-health.com/southampton/

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, david63 said:

Just been told that the test I had booked with Lloyds Pharmacy for Saturday has been cancelled as they have no pharmacist available.

I've wondered if that could happen - it obviously can.   Do you have a Plan B? 

50 minutes ago, david63 said:

Just been told that the test I had booked with Lloyds Pharmacy for Saturday has been cancelled as they have no pharmacist available.

Which Lloyds pharmacy was it?

My flu jab was cancelled by them last year with one days notice, lack of a pharmacist was the excuse.

So I have a plan A, B and C

A - Lloyds in store test

B - Randox home fit to fly test

C - Boots home fit to fly test

I will use the first one I take and the others should be usable for my September cruise

Thanks for info re Dam health.  I've also booked with Lloyds so will bear in mind re cancellations, several people have mentioned this now and as we have to take the test on a Saturday, I am expecting it to be cancelled, though we don't travel for months yet and P&O could have relaxed the requirement by then - I live in hope!!!

I firmly believe the whole thing about the tests is just a money making  venture. Can anyone explain how you can prove it is YOUR sample sent off to an on-line firm? The only way is face to face, as with a visit to Boots or Lloyds as you have to show your passport.

7 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I firmly believe the whole thing about the tests is just a money making  venture. Can anyone explain how you can prove it is YOUR sample sent off to an on-line firm? The only way is face to face, as with a visit to Boots or Lloyds as you have to show your passport.

Be careful, don't give them ideas.   Changing to observed tests only would be a nightmare for passengers and if implemented would have to have a long lead in time. I don't think there will be significant  attempts at deception. The current system is no different than the fit to fly requirements for lots of airlines.

I have a Lloyds face to face test booked but given their chance of cancelling it at the last minute I also have Randox and Boots home test kits as a backup.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

It’s been an hour now since we uploaded the result photos, still nothing back 👀😱🙏

are you still logged into the boots ReCoVa-19 portal?

Lots of people testing for flying tomorrow etc might be slowing things down?

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

are you still logged into the boots ReCoVa-19 portal?

Lots of people testing for flying tomorrow etc might be slowing things down?

i’ve tried logging out and back in but still nothing. Was 15 minutes last time lol 

All ok now, certificates have arrived from boots. 2 hours 5 mins from submitting online to delivery. No need to keep checking they sent a text message to say it was ready. 👍 See you onboard tomorrow if you’re going on Iona 🎉🍸🍹🛳

Ive just helped mom and dad do theirs and they had the certificates back within 10 mins 👍

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

If you lose your holiday due to Lloyd's letting you down at last minute, wonder if you could sue them?!

Probably not due to small print in their T&Cs but you might be able to claim from your travel insurance under third party failed to deliver.

That aside if you are going from Southampton I think you would qualify for a P&O test at the port. 

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I believe so, molecrochip mention recently about there being tests available at Southampton for those who couldn't get one. 

Why has someone not set up a testing facility at the terminal? Would make everything easier for us and would surely be a money maker?