P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I doubt there is one as they are all equally difficult to deal with. I'm not saying that anyone is good or bad and was merely pointing out they now use a third party to handle claims.

As I have said many times I'm not saying anyone is good or bad or what people should do.  

Incidentally I was not using Trustpilot for anything other than a source on whether Staysure is still handling claims in-house as I had a vague recollection there was a change.  I'd ask you all not to shoot the messenger please, I've no axe to grind with anyone.  If this is going to descend to attacks on me then I'll simply step back.  I try to be helpful that's all.

TERRIERJOHN:

Re your policy. If a policy has a major change you are normally advised, probably by email.  Rarely policies keep the same terms so it would be a good idea to have a chat or call with them.  

Incidentally I was unaware of the change previously and my husband is with the sister company. When I'm back home I will check the matter with Avanti too.

I am certainly not attacking you Megabear, but your point is surely open to debate.

I answered your quote "Staysure have a new third party emergency team recently appointed.  Recent reviews of Davies & Co (the new third party) are pretty dire on Trustpilot."

Had you ended your quote at the end of the first sentence, then I would agree that you were merely pointing out they now use a third party to handle claims. However you then go on to quote how dire the reviews of Davies and Co are on trustpilot. I am merely pointing out that there are over 200,000 reviews regarding Staysure (little or no mention of Davies and Co) , and unless you have read them all to see how many are happy with how claims are handled, then I think your pointing to one star reviews is misleading.

Very few people will leave reviews after a claim has been settle satisfactorily, but folk are very quick to reach for the keyboard when things go wrong. Personally I don't like looking at reviews on major websites. I don't trust them.

Finally Megabear I do value your contribution to this site and do not intend to offend you in anyway. Don't let me or anyone else's opinions put you off posting.

20 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I am certainly not attacking you Megabear, but your point is surely open to debate.

I answered your quote "Staysure have a new third party emergency team recently appointed.  Recent reviews of Davies & Co (the new third party) are pretty dire on Trustpilot."

Had you ended your quote at the end of the first sentence, then I would agree that you were merely pointing out they now use a third party to handle claims. However you then go on to quote how dire the reviews of Davies and Co are on trustpilot. I am merely pointing out that there are over 200,000 reviews regarding Staysure (little or no mention of Davies and Co) , and unless you have read them all to see how many are happy with how claims are handled, then I think your pointing to one star reviews is misleading.

Very few people will leave reviews after a claim has been settle satisfactorily, but folk are very quick to reach for the keyboard when things go wrong. Personally I don't like looking at reviews on major websites. I don't trust them.

Finally Megabear I do value your contribution to this site and do not intend to offend you in anyway. Don't let me or anyone else's opinions put you off posting.

The point surely is that Davies & Co have apparently been on the job only a couple of months and that the bad claims reviews only started a few months ago as well?  

Ironically a member of my family has a Staysure policy and after Irish Ferries cancelled their sailings to Ireland yesterday (my nephew's wedding is Monday) and were told their accommodation is non refundable I suggested they tried to claim for their loss.  I'm told the first call elicited a reply that as Dublin was a UK city there would be no cover for the accommodation costs unless it was for 2 nights consecutively...  

Hmmm, not too promising there then.

I am aware a lot on this board are insured with Staysure and if this change of claim handling may be detrimental to them I thought it best to let them research it.  Clearly not welcome so I will refrain in future.

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The point surely is that Davies & Co have apparently been on the job only a couple of months and that the bad claims reviews only started a few months ago as well?  

Ironically a member of my family has a Staysure policy and after Irish Ferries cancelled their sailings to Ireland yesterday (my nephew's wedding is Monday) and were told their accommodation is non refundable I suggested they tried to claim for their loss.  I'm told the first call elicited a reply that as Dublin was a UK city there would be no cover for the accommodation costs unless it was for 2 nights consecutively...  

Hmmm, not too promising there then.

I am aware a lot on this board are insured with Staysure and if this change of claim handling may be detrimental to them I thought it best to let them research it.  Clearly not welcome so I will refrain in future.

They should argue the point as Dublin is in no way a UK city. Dublin is  the capital of Ireland which is in the EU. I reckon Staysure should  know that!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm told the first call elicited a reply that as Dublin was a UK city there would be no cover for the accommodation costs unless it was for 2 nights consecutively...  

Just checked my Staysure policy.  Republic of Ireland is clearly identified as being in Region Two (along with all other European countries) 

Sounds like whoever dealt with the response had not read the Staysure policy !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

Just checked my Staysure policy.  Republic of Ireland is clearly identified as being in Region Two (along with all other European countries) 

Sounds like whoever dealt with the response had not read the Staysure policy !

You would think that with so many people on here using Staysure, that they would read these forums, and respond. Very poor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

You would think that with so many people on here using Staysure, that they would read these forums, and respond. Very poor.

agree, but I suspect that the forum is such a minuscule part in the grand scheme of things. I can think of many folk I know who work in the industry but pay the forums no heed at all, and even most of the fellow cruisers I have met have been unaware of the forums.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

They should argue the point as Dublin is in no way a UK city. Dublin is  the capital of Ireland which is in the EU. I reckon Staysure should  know that!

They are indeed arguing. Meantime 7 potential wedding guests scrambling to find a way to Ireland is becoming a farce. Add to the conundrum the groom's mother and father had their flights cancelled by BA last week so hurried rebooking led them to Ryanair with no luggage availability from Stansted arriving on Wednesday past so they are at least in Ireland. Their wedding outfits however are not as they were with my brother in law going by ferry ... apparently cant even send the clothing by courier at this stage due to not clearing customs in time.

On a more serious note we are now dealing with two travel insurance companies who appear to not know their arse from their elbow! Just waiting for the next one to come galloping over the horizon....

Really think my family are jinxed at present.

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They are indeed arguing. Meantime 7 potential wedding guests scrambling to find a way to Ireland is becoming a farce. Add to the conundrum the groom's mother and father had their flights cancelled by BA last week so hurried rebooking led them to Ryanair with no luggage availability from Stansted arriving on Wednesday past so they are at least in Ireland. Their wedding outfits however are not as they were with my brother in law going by ferry ... apparently cant even send the clothing by courier at this stage due to not clearing customs in time.

On a more serious note we are now dealing with two travel insurance companies who appear to not know their arse from their elbow! Just waiting for the next one to come galloping over the horizon....

Really think my family are jinxed at present.

Sorry to hear this Megabear. You seem to be moving from one crisis to another right now. Surely things will improve soon. Good luck and keep your chin up.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They are indeed arguing

How can they argue, when their own policy states that the Republic of Ireland is a Region 2 country,  whereas, England, Scotland etc are Region 1 ?

12 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Sorry to hear this Megabear. You seem to be moving from one crisis to another right now. Surely things will improve soon. Good luck and keep your chin up.

I think the truth is the whole travel industry is in crisis and we are far from alone.  Here in Rome 37 degrees and everyone is going about business as usual.  And if you're wondering ... no my aunt's not home!  After all the organising their was no companions available so we wait in limbo. One good bit of news here, the GHIC replacement has arrived an we are now getting financial help that way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Billish said:

How can they argue, when their own policy states that the Republic of Ireland is a Region 2 country,  whereas, England, Scotland etc are Region 1 ?

Totally  agree.  Problem is quality of staff at the claims companies. I'm sure it will be sorted soon, it's just stupid, time consuming and annoying at this point.  Apparently took 40 minutes to get through to find out what proof was needed to submit claim.  Understand my sister is going to submit online now, hopefully will be easier but apparently the claims team have a 6 week backlog to answer.  What a world we live in!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had an email from Princess that after 6 September don't need to be vaccinated to sail except in a few circumstances. No test for vaccinated but unvacced need to take a self test - as we know open to abuse. How long before P&O follow suit I wonder?  There is a big anti vac lobby in the US though so probably bowing to pressure.

9 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Just had an email from Princess that after 6 September don't need to be vaccinated to sail except in a few circumstances. No test for vaccinated but unvacced need to take a self test - as we know open to abuse. How long before P&O follow suit I wonder?  There is a big anti vac lobby in the US though so probably bowing to pressure.

My guess (nothing more) is that Carnival will adopt this approach across the brand soon, including P&O, maybe wrong.

Notably, the Autumn booster programme appears initially restricted to groups 1-9, which will mean that for some passengers, it could be more around a year since they had their last course of vaccine (depending on age and various other factors).  This would mean that the current policy would need to change anyway as currently written.

The other way of looking at it is to (sadly) consider the possibility of a growth in influenza and a new COVID-19 variant at the same time - how does the company want to manage these factors and how are passenger attitudes changing?

53 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

My guess (nothing more) is that Carnival will adopt this approach across the brand soon, including P&O, maybe wrong.

Notably, the Autumn booster programme appears initially restricted to groups 1-9, which will mean that for some passengers, it could be more around a year since they had their last course of vaccine (depending on age and various other factors).  This would mean that the current policy would need to change anyway as currently written.

The other way of looking at it is to (sadly) consider the possibility of a growth in influenza and a new COVID-19 variant at the same time - how does the company want to manage these factors and how are passenger attitudes changing?

The current policy is that you need to have had 2 vaccinations followed by a booster within 270 days. Everyone in the UK over 18 has been offered at least that, so no change needed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jessybell said:

think I saw that Princess Cruises are changing their pre-embarkation covid test policy.  If they are saying expensive tests not necessary, why can’t P&O…all under same umbrella!

Even in the current climate £2 is not expensive.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jessybell said:

think I saw that Princess Cruises are changing their pre-embarkation covid test policy.  If they are saying expensive tests not necessary, why can’t P&O…all under same umbrella!

Where do P&O ask for expensive tests? Their website says: "Adequate tests include over the counter tests, providing they meet the criteria below.... if guests have any remaining NHS tests, these would be accepted." You can't get any cheaper than leftover NHS ones that are still in date. 

• Like 3

On 8/21/2022 at 10:43 PM, terrierjohn said:

The current policy is that you need to have had 2 vaccinations followed by a booster within 270 days. Everyone in the UK over 18 has been offered at least that, so no change needed.

From 05/09/22 this changes a little bit (I think!), taken from the website:

Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated.

3 hours ago, crompton21 said:

From 05/09/22 this changes a little bit (I think!), taken from the website:

Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated.

Nope, that is just clarifying that 2 initial vaccinations plus one booster vaccination is currently all that is needed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

But not (from 05/09/22) within 270 days as your post reads to me.  

The 270 days was the initial gap between your second jab and when you could have the booster. It no longer counts since everyone over 18 will now have had or been offered a first booster.

But it would still disqualify anyone who had not had a booster, if their second jab was more than 270 days ago.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2