Veranda plus complimentary spirits

BBUK

17 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I brought those home in December and ordered good liquor while on the ship with the upgraded package.  Gave away the bottom shelf freebies to acquaintances.

I'll be honest. That sounds ungrateful and rather snooty. I hope your acquaintances back home enjoyed their second rate freebies. They work for me and are appreciated. 

Phil 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'll be honest. That sounds ungrateful and rather snooty. I hope your acquaintances back home enjoyed their second rate freebies. They work for me and are appreciated. 

Phil 

Phil, It's not snooty. It's a matter of taste.  I drink on the rocks because I can't drink mixers or soft drinks.  That requires a better quality, smoother liquor.  I don't drink single malt.  I can't drink wine, however many people prefer a better wine if they drink it.  For some people the included standard pour is good.  Taste is subjective.  Those supplied liquors are bottom shelf.

Johnny Walker Red for example is specifically designed to be used with a mixer. Otherwise it is harsh.  Johnny Walker Black, which I like as a regular drink, is not elitist but smoother. It can be enjoyed without mixers.  Black is on the premium/ultimate package which was included with my cabin.  It had nothing to do with the crew.

I asked the cabin attendant if I could exchange for Black.  He checked. They wanted all four bottles for one Black. So yes, my acquaintances enjoyed them and they didn't go to waste.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Agree, Phil.  It was unnecessary, and better left unsaid.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Phil, It's not snooty. It's a matter of taste.  I drink on the rocks because I can't drink mixers or soft drinks.  That requires a better quality, smoother liquor.  I don't drink single malt.  I can't drink wine, however many people prefer a better wine if they drink it.  For some people the included standard pour is good.  Taste is subjective.  Those supplied liquors are bottom shelf.

Johnny Walker Red for example is specifically designed to be used with a mixer. Otherwise it is harsh.  Johnny Walker Black, which I like as a regular drink, is not elitist but smoother. It can be enjoyed without mixers.  Black is on the premium/ultimate package which was included with my cabin.  It had nothing to do with the crew.

I asked the cabin attendant if I could exchange for Black.  He checked. They wanted all four bottles for one Black. So yes, my acquaintances enjoyed them and they didn't go to waste.

I agree this comes down to taste. You pay a lot of money for these cruises so why shouldn't you get what you want. We always swap the included spirits for something we prefer without any issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Bombay Sapphire is definitely not bottom shelf!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Agree, Phil.  It was unnecessary, and better left unsaid.

Agree. I’m ok with anything on the bottom shelf when the bottom shelf is near the bottom (naughty) step I have been asked to frequent at times. 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2