Risk free planning. Can't find policy on O website

FetaCheese

Thanks LHT.  What I am looking for is what is at the top of O website--risk free planning.  Only clicking the health protocols takes you to a Feb. 22, 2022 Sail Safe doc.  Have read it.  Nothing about cancelling. Would like to know -- for comparison -- (On Viking, they have have a 14 day CXL policy, issuing FCC  for amount paid.  No financial risk.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks LHT.  What I am looking for is what is at the top of O website--risk free planning.  Only clicking the health protocols takes you to a Feb. 22, 2022 Sail Safe doc.  Have read it.  Nothing about cancelling. Would like to know -- for comparison -- (On Viking, they have have a 14 day CXL policy, issuing FCC  for amount paid.  No financial risk.)

Yes the link goes nowhere

If you used a TA  it would probably be a good question for them

• Like 1

Called O. Regular CXL policy applies, with an adjustment: you can CXL 30 days before final pmt, and get refund of dep. Was looking at a 16 night, has final pmt. due 150 days prior to sail date. I like Viking risk free policy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is certainly true that Viking and Azamara have a much more flexible approach to cancellation than O. Seems like O have decided the pandemic is over. Except they insist on passengers obtaining a negative test (at their own expense) before boarding. Looks like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

4 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

It is certainly true that Viking and Azamara have a much more flexible approach to cancellation than O. Seems like O have decided the pandemic is over. Except they insist on passengers obtaining a negative test (at their own expense) before boarding. Looks like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

And O is still requiring masks onboard in Europe even though most European countries have dropped mask mandates. As to precruise testing, all the lines are requiring this no matter where you cruise. It's a major PITA especially if your cruise is not starting in the US. 

15 hours ago, susiesan said:

...As to precruise testing, all the lines are requiring this no matter where you cruise. It's a major PITA especially if your cruise is not starting in the US. 

Indeed, however not all lines are making their guests pay for the test themselves.

1 hour ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Indeed, however not all lines are making their guests pay for the test themselves.

I will be cruising on NCL from Stockholm in August, if testing is still required I am going to have to find and pay for a covid test in Stockholm before boarding. I went on a Celebrity cruise in December and X did not pay for the precruise test. No line does that I know of. And of course you have to pay for your test-to-return to the US if flying home from Europe.

18 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I will be cruising on NCL from Stockholm in August, if testing is still required I am going to have to find and pay for a covid test in Stockholm before boarding. I went on a Celebrity cruise in December and X did not pay for the precruise test. No line does that I know of. And of course you have to pay for your test-to-return to the US if flying home from Europe.

Azamara provided pre-boarding tests at their expense in December and they are still providing this service for their guests. 

Edited by Eloise4Ever
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Azamara provided pre-boarding tests at their expense in December and they are still providing this service for their guests. 

Oceania provided pre-boarding tests at their expense in December too....this was just recently eliminated.  Most cruise lines no longer are providing free pre-embarkation testing at the pier.  We used proctored COVID test in our hotel room prior to embarkation and those cost $30.00 per person.   

7 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

V provided a PCR covid test gratis for re-entry to USA on Dec 2021 Venus cruise.

Oceania provides all necessary COVID test while onboard for entry into any country and for re-entry in USA or any other country prior to disembarkation - also gratis

• Thanks 1