Live from NCL Pearl Boston to Bermuda 04/15/2022

styles27

36 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We sailed (4/7-4/15) with about 1100 passengers, according to higher-ups on the ship. NCL stated capacity is 2394, so roughly 45%. It was extremely not crowded. We had lunch the first day in Summer, the main dining room. There were six(6!) of us in the entire restaurant!! Never a wait for anything. The crew bent over backwards to assist you. Wherever you went, whatever you did, they were there to offer help. Was like having a ship full of your own personal butlers.

Agree with this. I took all my meals in the MDR when I could (I slept late one morning and got stuck eating breakfast in Lido). Never crowded. When I lunched in Lido while we were docked, if I was carrying a plate of salad and a bowl of soup, I very quickly had someone coming at me with a tray to assist.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, Love2cruise77 said:

Thanks for posting.  Have a great cruise!

How many days before the cruise did you do the Bermuda TA?  Did you do it with the negative COVID test at the same time or did you start the application early and uploaded the negative tests within two days of the cruise?

Hi no I filled out our applications and uploaded our vaccination cards the day I booked this cruise on 03/24/2022

We used the Inspire proctored tests and our test appt was @ 8:30 in the morning two days before sailing. 
I then uploaded the test results by 9 am and had our approvals by 9:30 am. 

They did make some announcements for passengers that still didn’t have their TA to report to the guest services person. That was when we were out at sea so they apparently let them on the ship even though they didn’t have the TA completed. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Broons77 said:

@styles27, thank you for doing this!  Following along as we'll be on her for this itinerary in May.

Noticed that it looks like you guys were a bit late getting underway, any idea why the delay?  And did you have any views of the Cape on your way around?

We definitely had a late start. It seems passengers were still embarking at 4:0-5:00. Our room was facing the terminal so we could see that. 

Happy Easter! Yesterday at sea was very windy up on deck despite the seas being fairly calm during the day. The boat rocked once in a while but it didn’t seem to be bothering anyone. 

Bermuda is beautiful today. Sunny and low 70’s according to our weather app. At Horseshoe bay now. Took the $7 mini bus here and plan on taking it back to the ship. LOTS of Portuguese man o war here today!  There are many signs warning beach goers to be careful. 

We were fortunate that we had the first production show last evening. We really enjoyed it. They have some great singers and dancers. The first night was just a comedian who only stayed on about 12-15 min. 

Food has been very very good in the MDR, O’Sheehan’s and Lotus Garden. I would have to say it’s some of the best meals we’ve had on a cruise in a very long time. We’ve only had picky things at the buffet and those things were also good. 

We love the location of our room. One flight of stairs up to the buffet and pool deck. Pretty sure our grandson will have gills by the end of the week considering all the time he’s spent in the pool 😉

43DDEC3A-0FC1-4A57-9DF0-790D4A1B2CEA.jpeg

7F2503EA-A39E-44C1-B1B8-4CE98B991D91.jpeg

88C6F6AA-0233-4429-9772-42F8FD40F374.jpeg

D23EB16E-B70A-42A2-899C-130BAF16A9C3.jpeg

5F2C6C45-FC0D-4FB5-BFEF-28B260424D1B.jpeg

73585284-99E1-48C8-AFD1-B7048CC3454A.jpeg

4020C63D-952E-4516-9FD8-F356EFD08A65.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 3

Oh, great news! The  Easter bunny found us!  Not sure how we managed to hide the eggs on a moving ship after he fell asleep at 1am! We oldies are having a hard time keeping up with him lol636C780F-ED04-43CF-AFEB-CDDBDB1293CF.thumb.jpeg.6db7522c21e709bd4c479b73a0cd3fdb.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, conciergecruiser said:

Hello,

I have a good friend who is a bartender on the ship he is awesome, he goes by the name of "Ships a hoy"..If you see him please tell him that Jerry from Boston says hello !!!-TY

Sure will I’ll keep an eye out for him!

1 hour ago, randz said:

happy easter!!   Did you drive up ? And find any issues with the parking??  I understand the garage is closed for maintenance..

Yes we drove. We parked in lot D3 and they have free shuttles running to the ship. I was able to get it for $159 for the week with a promo code. If you look on our roll call I posted the link. You should book it ahead of time and print out the voucher. They’ll ask you for it when you pull in. It was really convenient. The free shuttles run every 10 or so minutes. 

1 minute ago, styles27 said:

Sure will I’ll keep an eye out for him!

Yes we drove. We parked in lot D3 and they have free shuttles running to the ship. I was able to get it for $159 for the week with a promo code. If you look on our roll call I posted the link. You should book it ahead of time and print out the voucher. They’ll ask you for it when you pull in. It was really convenient. The free shuttles run every 10 or so minutes. 

Thank you !!!

• Like 2

We’ve spent a lot of time by the pool and the lifeguards have appreciated us because we are either in the pool with our grandson or I sit on the side ledge watching him. 
I can’t tell you how many people are dropping their kids off and not watching them.
The lifeguard periodically goes up to these kids and asks them to point to their parents. If they are not in eyesight range he tells them to get out and go get their parents. 

One woman was mad at him for doing that. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It’s almost like they’re angry that Splash academy drop off is closed so this is their way of getting some free time. 

Some of these kids are younger than 5 yrs old. 

Come on people if you are one of these parents don’t expect other people to babysit your kids. I just don’t get it. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, warb said:

Great Memories of Cruising to Bermuda a few times with our 

Grandson. Now he is 19 ! Enjoy the Moments.

Looking forward to hear what  is going on in Bermuda.

Thanks for Posting.

That’s awesome! That’s what we’re hoping for with our grandson!  I never knew my grandparents as they were all deceased by the time I was born so I’m trying my hardest to have a positive impact on Evan’s life. 

Being Easter Sunday things were quiet today in Bermuda. It was nice though. We enjoyed Horseshoe Bay. 

One thing to consider if anyone takes the $7 shuttle.

I would suggest that you pack some snacks. They couldn’t handle the amount of people there today. They ran out of food by 3:00. They just didn’t have the manpower to handle it. Luckily I had some things to pick on and then we came back to the ship around 4:30 and found some food available at the buffet near the pool. 

Perfect weather today in Bermuda. 76 and sunny. So blessed on this Easter Sunday!❤️

• Like 3

Some cute Easter sculptures from the buffet tonight. 

Some kind people brought filled Easter eggs on board and hid them around the ship. All the kids we saw finding them were so excited….Evan included! 

Thank you to this “secret” Easter bunny! You made a lot of children very happy today!

3F56B9F5-CE34-4CA7-B771-DCFAD00F4D63.jpeg

C26C2DAB-0C67-495F-BDAE-69F86C3D27CB.jpeg

7C886E5E-904D-4C9E-8966-C9418F2F0CFC.jpeg

CEBFFAB0-21CC-43C1-8F5E-6DA05132DC00.jpeg

A86A0431-17D6-4979-B017-984F3E31983B.jpeg

075DBFA0-91D4-4CF6-86E3-1BA1310B699D.jpeg

• Like 3

While I totally appreciate the hard work and skill that goes into garnish carvings, that honeydew with the evil red eyes is somewhat unsettling...  😄 

I'm glad you guys and your GS look to be having a fantastic time!!!!

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Broons77 said:

While I totally appreciate the hard work and skill that goes into garnish carvings, that honeydew with the evil red eyes is somewhat unsettling...  😄 

I'm glad you guys and your GS look to be having a fantastic time!!!!

lol My grandson said it looks like a demented rabbit 🤣

• Haha 3

Another beautiful day in Bermuda. It’s warmer and humid today with some cloud cover. We took the NCL ferry to St George then hopped on a taxi to the Crystal Caves ($7pp) 

Waiting to get into the caves now. 

125EBE56-22FC-4451-B880-1E383E7AAE15.jpeg

11F0ECFB-C2FC-41A7-AC3F-D7671EB60AF2.jpeg

B0B037CA-5EBF-4A52-9B5A-B1A04B97A1CF.jpeg

ADD5D4DD-48BB-4D4F-BA59-0EC5F26355E2.jpeg

FE7E781B-B8EC-40D5-92E4-5D01F386BFA5.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

Good morning!

We enjoyed our visit to the caves. It had been about 25 yrs since we had been there so it was a nice “refresher” visit. 
We took a van “taxi” back to St George for $5 each and had lunch at Wahoos right in town. 
St George is very quiet and a lot of businesses are still closed.  The old pirate ship that our kids took a picture in front of 25 yrs ago is in such disrepair. We did take a pic of our grandson in front of it and realized how fast 25 yrs goes by.  
It was sad to see this beautiful little town this way as our first ever cruise to Bermuda was on the old Majesty cruise line ship from Boston and we docked in St George.
The taxi drivers we spoke to are hoping the closed businesses will bounce back but one gentlemen told us that he’s friends with some of them and they’ve decided to retire. 
We didn’t get to Hamilton this trip. 
We took a taxi back to the ship. It was $75 but gave us a really nice hour long ride through the island.  We love talking to the taxi drivers. 
Bermudians really stand out as the most polite and friendly people we encounter in our travels.

We’ve missed coming here so much the last couple of years and hope going forward everything will remain open to travel. It’s clear they have missed us too.

Our last two evenings we’ve had dinner in each of the MDR’s. Every sirloin we’ve ordered has been cooked to perfection (Med rare) and we’ve enjoyed every course we’ve eaten. Food on the Pearl definitely gets a very high mark from us! 

Last evening the show was an Irish comedian/folk singer. I’d say the Stardust was maybe 40% full. We enjoyed the show and it was appropriate for kids which was nice. They did offer an adult comedian @10:30 for 18 and over. 
Every venue and bar has music so there’s always something to do. 
Tonight is the same comedian they had last night. He mentioned that they asked him to perform again so maybe they had a cancellation?  Not sure. 
Today we decided to walk to snorkel park. It is a very short 6 min walk.  Walk to the gate at the entrance of the pier, turn right and follow the footprints on the sidewalk. It’s $45 for 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella for the day. 

Snorkel park beach

image.jpg

9BC89933-70D7-4BB0-87F3-DE0E3D0D83BA.jpegShip in St George

Edited by styles27
  • Like 4

Today’s daily 

Weather has been perfect! High 70’s and pleasant!  Not sure why the daily says 66deg 🤷🏻‍♀️ We have been so lucky with the weather for this time of year. 

I forgot to mention we received another snack delivery yesterday afternoon (cookies) 

Also last evening a complimentary laundry bag was left for us. (Another perk of the club balcony suite) 

The one change in the bathroom that I think they goofed on was they removed the sliding door on the water closet room. Shower still has a sliding door. 

9BD30FE9-134C-4AFE-BA21-91BAD40F5D99.jpeg

38E3678F-25B9-45F3-AA24-595BAD7FB015.jpeg

95F3D413-B58E-4BC0-86C2-C5643244D034.jpeg

3EC1FEDA-FA7E-46FE-8B39-D59D2796206F.jpeg

D194E701-CCC7-496A-BC5E-1CB5B3BB4F09.jpeg

466A12C2-F32B-4946-BC00-504EF0DCCC31.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the Pearl - one of the few ships we have yet to sail. 

We will be on her this July - with our grandchildren (teenagers) and their parents.

Thanks too for the heads up re parking - will check out your roll call for the parking link.  Do you have any idea when the construction will be done or do you think it's an ongoing project?

Happy sailing home, so glad you have had good weather!

• Thanks 1