What do the metal water bottles look like?

Robin122

Cool!  Thanks for sharing!  

I am curious what size lid is needed.  I’m more of a straw person than a pour and spill all over myself person (which tends to happen more often than I’d like to admit...LOL)

I LOVE my Yeti Rambler (30 oz tumbler) but it isn’t travel friendly, no matter how nice and snug the lid fits.  

1 hour ago, Robin122 said:

Cool!  Thanks for sharing!  

I am curious what size lid is needed.  I’m more of a straw person than a pour and spill all over myself person (which tends to happen more often than I’d like to admit...LOL)

I LOVE my Yeti Rambler (30 oz tumbler) but it isn’t travel friendly, no matter how nice and snug the lid fits.  

The inner diameter is about 42mm if that helps. The threads are about 5mm peak-to-peak

• Thanks 1

you realize how un sanitary  that is....using a straw.... water will back flow from your mouth and contaminate the bottle for everyone else.... Like the poor  guy who next gets the cabin or hos wife unless the bottles are sterilized.....   Get a canteen and pour  fill it  but please do not drink from it. direct 

1 minute ago, Hawaiidan said:

you realize how un sanitary  that is....using a straw.... water will back flow from your mouth and contaminate the bottle for everyone else.... Like the poor  guy who next gets the cabin or hos wife unless the bottles are sterilized.....   Get a canteen and pour  fill it  but please do not drink from it. direct 

What on earth are you talking about ?? 😲

The bottles  are for pax personal use  & can take them home if they choose or dispose them if they choose 

They are not passed on for the next pax

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

The metal water bottles are for you to keep and take with you - they do not stay in the cabin for the next poor guy....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, basor said:

The metal water bottles are for you to keep and take with you - they do not stay in the cabin for the next poor guy....

2 minutes ago, basor said:

The picture  cause me to assume it was the refillable cabin bottle as the card  to the left indicated.    Good to know the got rid of the plastic garbage......  thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiidan said:

The picture  cause me to assume it was the refillable cabin bottle as the card  to the left indicated.    Good to know the got rid of the plastic garbage......  thanks for the clarification.

The metal water bottles are a "gift" to each person in the cabin.  they have the glass bottles (filled with still or sparkling water) to use in the room and fill your glasses, etc. while in your cabin.  The glass bottles are replaced by the room steward as needed.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Did I read somewhere that they're not insulated at all, so can't expect a cold drink for very long?

I think I saw that as well.  Now that I have the pre-thought. of a water bottle like this, I have to admit I’ve been looking at insulated alternatives.  I have two cruises (NCL) before my Oceania Christmas/NYE cruise, so it *would* come in handy. 

2 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Is this something new with oceania? Haven't  seen them previously 

49 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Did I read somewhere that they're not insulated at all, so can't expect a cold drink for very long?

Yes, they are new. It is an effort to reduce plastic waste by using the metal bottle instead of single use water bottles. They are not insulated. so use whatever you used in the past if you wanted to keep plastic bottles or other drinks cold. In December there were still single use plastic bottles available in the gym and before leaving the ship at a port for those who wanted them.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:27 PM, Robin122 said:

Do we need to be concerned with a maximum bottle height for the refill stations?

The Vero bottles are just under 23 mm (9") and fit the refill stations if that helps. In December the stand-alone (not in restaurants) stations only had still water.

Fun fact we learned...still water is the default water that is automatically offered in restaurants. It is in the frosted glass bottle. Sparkling water is in a clear bottle and we often had to ask for it. The people refilling water glasses will typically have still water, so we learned to keep a lookout for the frosted or clear bottle and ask for sparkling if we saw them about to pour from a frosted (still) bottle. Kept us on our toes ;)

• Thanks 1

We did not use our metal bottles that Oceania provided during our recent cruise except on a couple of occasions.  As others have pointed out, they are not insulated so they do not keep water cold for very long -- though one could argue that the same was true of the disposable plastic bottles that were formerly used.  I tried putting ice in the bottle and filling with water with some minor success but in tropical conditions, this was only a short-term improvement.  We did not like that all the bottles were identical though I read a few ideas here that sounded good -- like putting something on the carabiner that is unique. One would probably need to arrive onboard with something to be used for that purpose.  The glass Vero water bottles in the staterooms are nice and our attendant made sure that we had two of them at all times so that we could fill the metal bottles if desired.  My only concern with the large Vero bottles was unfounded -- I worried that they might tip over and break, especially during some of the rougher seas that we experienced.  But my concerns were for naught.  We never had any problem with them tipping over.  

1 hour ago, vlthom said:

The glass Vero water bottles in the staterooms are nice and our attendant made sure that we had two of them at all times so that we could fill the metal bottles if desired.  My only concern with the large Vero bottles was unfounded -- I worried that they might tip over and break, especially during some of the rougher seas that we experienced.  But my concerns were for naught.  We never had any problem with them tipping over.  

We put our glass bottles in the frig (let your cabin staff know) to keep them cold. You have to remove some frig-innards and stow them (next to or on the frig? can't recall), but the bottles will fit in the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, Robin122 said:

I think I saw that as well.  Now that I have the pre-thought. of a water bottle like this, I have to admit I’ve been looking at insulated alternatives.  I have two cruises (NCL) before my Oceania Christmas/NYE cruise, so it *would* come in handy. 

We are on the Regatta Christmas  Eve/NYE .....which ship will you be on?