EZAir - not so easy!

Jessejo

Does anyone know when Princess actually pays the airline for our plane tickets?  We’re 50 days out from our cruise - 47 days out from our flight to the port city.   I need to make flight changes which have to be done prior to 45 days out.  I’ve called numerous times over the past several weeks and have spent hours on hold.  I have been cutoff many times.  Some “agents” have tried to help, some have out and out lied to me by telling me there were no flights from point A to point B, one even told me that Princess Insurance would cover any change fees…  I have sent a registered letter to Santa Clarita (no response).  I booked flights as soon as they opened so I could choose desired seats.  And got good prices.  I don’t want to cancel and rebook and have to pay today’s rates.  I paid for everything  before due date.  I made a big mistake using EZAir!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaskanb said:

You are not able to make changes on-line? 

I’m afraid to.  One agent said it would trigger today’s prices - $1,000 or more per person.  We have premium economy booked and paid for.

Making changes before the 45 day deadline does not mean you can get the same original pricing. It means there is no penalty or change fee to make the change.

Making a change will result in having to go with current pricing and with flights still available to Princess which may not include your original flights.

And if you have booked flights for both before the cruise and after the cruise, you likely cannot make a change for just one direction. You would need to rebook both ends at current pricing and with what flights are still available to Princess. (Or you can cancel with no penalty, get any $$ paid back and seek booking flights by a method other than via Princess EZAir).

This is not what you want to hear, but that is the way it works.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Making changes before the 45 day deadline does not mean you can get the same original pricing. It means there is no penalty or change fee to make the change.

Making a change will result in having to go with current pricing and with flights still available to Princess which may not include your original flights.

And if you have booked flights for both before the cruise and after the cruise, you likely cannot make a change for just one direction. You would need to rebook both ends at current pricing and with what flights are still available to Princess. (Or you can cancel with no penalty, get any $$ paid back and seek booking flights by a method other than via Princess EZAir).

This is not what you want to hear, but that is the way it works.

I can verify this, I decided to change my flight from the day of the cruise to the day before. I changed the outbound flight, it then made me change the return flight. It really didn't affect my prices, but now my return flight is 2 layovers instead of 1 layover. and the flight in Alt on the return is 45 minutes.....gonna be interesting.

Edited by Moondogy

8 hours ago, Jessejo said:

I’m afraid to.  One agent said it would trigger today’s prices - $1,000 or more per person.  We have premium economy booked and paid for.

You can go through the rebooking process online to see what the change would cost and back out if you don't like what you see. DO NOT CLICK ON THE CANCEL BUTTON. I once had to make a change because I was booked on the day of the cruise instead of the day before and was pleasantly surprised to find the fare was lower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

You can go through the rebooking process online to see what the change would cost and back out if you don't like what you see. DO NOT CLICK ON THE CANCEL BUTTON. I once had to make a change because I was booked on the day of the cruise instead of the day before and was pleasantly surprised to find the fare was lower.

I once did an EZAir rebooking online and liked the new pricing. After I said to do it (which maybe meant cancelling the original flights at that point), it came back and said the price quoted a minute ago was no longer available, presented a new and higher pricve and asked if I wanted the new reservation.

I had no way of knowing if the original flights had been actually cancelled or not at this point, so I felt compelled to accept the new and higher pricing.

It would have been nice if the message had indicated if the original booking was still there or not before accepting or declining the new pricing.

That is one reason I prefer to make the changes over the phone with a Princess rep than doing it myself.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:29 PM, Alaskanb said:

You are not able to make changes on-line? 

Thanks everyone for your replies.  We were never able to speak to an agent who was able to make changes!  I tried 10 or 12 times!  They wouldn’t transfer me to the EZAir agent.  Since we’re so close to the 45 day cutoff, my son cancelled his booking and rebooked with another airline.  I hope my flights remain intact. I’ll be checking daily to see if Princess releases my funds for my ticket.  Who knows when we’ll get a refund for my son’s ticket 🙄

When I've made changes with EZ Air bookings I always get a warning message that I may be charged a fee, and blah, blah, blah.  It's never caused me an issue other than the one time I screwed up and made a change too close to departure. (I hate it when it's my own fault!)

• Haha 1

We have 31 days until our EZAir flight.  I was just able to pull up the booking on the Airlines website a few days ago.  This flight is with the airline we normally use (American) but if I go to my account and try to pull up the booking it says I have no booking.  So do I have to call Princess and give them all our TSA info etc?

3 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

We have 31 days until our EZ-Air flight.  I was just able to pull up the booking on the Airlines website a few days ago.  This flight is with the airline we normally use (American) but if I go to my account and try to pull up the booking it says I have no booking.  So do I have to call Princess and give them all our TSA info, etc?

Is your FF number on the res with AA?  You should have been able to pull up your flight on AA a long time ago - after you made it in EZ-Air.  The airline confirmation code is right there and all you need to start is that and your name.  If you have a Trusted Traveler number, you should be able to enter that in the EZ-Air booking or with the airline.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Is your FF number on the res with AA?  You should have been able to pull up your flight on AA a long time ago - after you made it in EZ-Air.  The airline confirmation code is right there and all you need to start is that and your name.  If you have a Trusted Traveler number, you should be able to enter that in the EZ-Air booking or with the airline.

Hate to hijack the thread, but I have a similar problem as @Mikel1733.  I had round trip reservations through EZ-Air initially.  I wanted to use FF points for the outbound leg and EZ-Air return.  I called and talked to someone who cancelled the flights and rebooked us one-way only.  Problem is now when I log into United to look at the EZ-Air leg I get "Your itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments. If you require assistance, please contact United Reservations".  It sees our names and info, but doesn't show a flight.  We are 80ish days out.  Should I click the "Request Early Ticketing" button to secure my tickets?  It's a direct London->Denver.  I can't see the price going down any before July.  Thanks for he help!

We have had a bunch of issues with Air Canada switching our flights with EZ Air.  A few weeks back it changed and just had us flying to Toronto and no connecting to Vancouver.  Had to call Princess and they changed it all.  This past week same thing again this time left us in Chicago.  Called this weekend and they told us they are working the issue and we will be updated once our flight gets closer witch is in 2 weeks.  They told us on the phone that all airlines are moving flights around.

42 minutes ago, Nofx242 said:

We have had a bunch of issues with Air Canada switching our flights with EZ Air.  A few weeks back it changed and just had us flying to Toronto and no connecting to Vancouver.  Had to call Princess and they changed it all.  This past week same thing again this time left us in Chicago.  Called this weekend and they told us they are working the issue and we will be updated once our flight gets closer witch is in 2 weeks.  They told us on the phone that all airlines are moving flights around.

I suppose lots of flight changes across carriers, but AC can be real bad for this and often, they don't give much notice.  Hope it works out.  Glad we are not trying to fly these days as I would be wondering if flight goes.  Hoping for better days by end of SEP.

1 hour ago, jenf22 said:

Hate to hijack the thread, but I have a similar problem as @Mikel1733.  I had round trip reservations through EZ-Air initially.  I wanted to use FF points for the outbound leg and EZ-Air return.  I called and talked to someone who cancelled the flights and rebooked us one-way only.  Problem is now when I log into United to look at the EZ-Air leg I get "Your itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments. If you require assistance, please contact United Reservations".  It sees our names and info, but doesn't show a flight.  We are 80ish days out.  Should I click the "Request Early Ticketing" button to secure my tickets?  It's a direct London->Denver.  I can't see the price going down any before July.  Thanks for he help!

Could be an indication simply because of no ticketing as yet (I have not ever had an EZ-Air booking with UA).  Sure, you can do the request for early ticketing and then should be able to select seats on the UA flight.  You become subject to airline cancellation rules once ticketed.  You are pretty close now anyway since 45 day mark is sometime in late May or early June when Princess will ticket.

34 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Could be an indication simply because of no ticketing as yet (I have not ever had an EZ-Air booking with UA).  Sure, you can do the request for early ticketing and then should be able to select seats on the UA flight.  You become subject to airline cancellation rules once ticketed.  You are pretty close now anyway since 45 day mark is sometime in late May or early June when Princess will ticket.

I've been trying not to stress about it, but I do check it everyday.  We have seats and can see the seat map on EZ-Air/Princess.  We just can't see it on the United side.  Our Jan 2023 EZ-Air United flights DO show up on the United website.  That's what has me concerned about the July ones.  Thanks for the help!

26 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

I've been trying not to stress about it, but I do check it everyday.  We have seats and can see the seat map on EZ-Air/Princess.  We just can't see it on the United side.  Our Jan 2023 EZ-Air United flights DO show up on the United website.  That's what has me concerned about the July ones.  Thanks for the help!

Are you using the correct booking code for the UA flight?  I know...dumb question,  but there is an EZ-Air bookijg code and an airline booking code.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you using the correct booking code for the UA flight?  I know...dumb question,  but there is an EZ-Air bookijg code and an airline booking code.

I ran into that recently myself. Some airlines let me use the Princess EZ Air confirmation code but some others won't.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yeah, I am.  It  finds something because it shows all three of us and our traveler info.  It just throws that "no active flight segments" error.  I think the confirmation on Princess might be wrong because I feel like that's the old, round trip confirmation number.  I thought forcing them to ticket it might clear everything up, but I'm still nervous about doing that.  I feel like I've been trying to go on this cruise forever and something could still go wrong that would force a cancellation.

7 hours ago, jenf22 said:

Yeah, I am.  It  finds something because it shows all three of us and our traveler info.  It just throws that "no active flight segments" error.  I think the confirmation on Princess might be wrong because I feel like that's the old, round trip confirmation number.  I thought forcing them to ticket it might clear everything up, but I'm still nervous about doing that.  I feel like I've been trying to go on this cruise forever and something could still go wrong that would force a cancellation.

I looked into ticketing early and was told it was subject to today’s prices…

3 hours ago, Jessejo said:

I looked into ticketing early and was told it was subject to today’s prices…

Not the case in the past.

Maybe the rep you spoke with was confused and thought you wanted to rebook flights.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Not the case in the past.

Maybe the rep you spoke with was confused and thought you wanted to rebook flights.

I found that online.  I was never able to speak to an actual EZAir rep - and that was why I was so frustrated.  

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread up because of today's frustrating experience.  

I wanted to find out if I could re-fare a price drop WITHIN 45 days without incurring any change fees.  I was being conservative since the last time I did this, I had to cancel and rebook under lower fare.  Printed everywhere, it says Change Fees MAY occur.

So I diligently called EZ Air per instructions/phone number given by Live Chat Agent.  

Turns out to be 800-Princess

Go through the prompts

on hold:  First agent....Princess agent.  I need to transfer you to EZ AIR

on hold:  Second agent...Princes agent.  I need to transfer you to EZ AIR...wait, aren't you with  EZ AIR? 

on hold:  Third agent...Finally, air department.  I'm sorry, I can change your ticket, but can't re-fare

You guessed it...transferred to "EZ AIR reservations".  Mind you, it is now 30 minutes later and fourth transfer

"I'm sorry, we are either closed (no) or don't have any available agents.  Please call back later, click"

So my question is still unanswered.  What happens if I want to re-fare for a lower price WITHIN 45 days of flight?

I apologize if this has been answered.  I looked through 4 pages before Goggling EZ Air cruise critic and finding this most recent thread.

If you are outside the 45 day limit the change costs you nothing. If you are within the 45 day limit you will be charged a fee to change your flight. It's pretty well spelled out in the terms.

• Like 1