GTY Balcony Assignments Alaska

Just curious for those with upcoming Alaska cruises, how far in advance did you get your cabin assignment for Balcony rooms?  Glancing at remaining available cabins for our cruise there appears to be about 32 left....(I don't know if they keep others available for gty or if they would be included in that), but just over a month to go.  

57 minutes ago, MillbrookMom said:

Just curious for those with upcoming Alaska cruises, how far in advance did you get your cabin assignment for Balcony rooms?  Glancing at remaining available cabins for our cruise there appears to be about 32 left....(I don't know if they keep others available for gty or if they would be included in that), but just over a month to go.  

Did you scan your SetSail pass barcode (or add to Apple Wallet) to see if you have a cabin number? Digits after the dash are the cabin number.

2 hours ago, MillbrookMom said:

We were 30 days out and got cabin assignments - May 13th sailing to Alaska.  We were lucky to get some fare decreases for refunds (approx $700).  1 switch to a less obstructed view and then the 3rd fare decrease (all this past week).  I was able to get us moved to an unobstructed view balcony.

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Did you scan your SetSail pass barcode (or add to Apple Wallet) to see if you have a cabin number? Digits after the dash are the cabin number.

I do not have an apple device. does this scan thing work on android ?

I got mine at the 30-day mark.  I didn't like my assignment because it was a connecting room.  They changed me to a chose-my-own-room rate which not only allowed me to hand pick another room; it also provided me a small refund due to a rate change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

I do not have an apple device. does this scan thing work on android ?

yes.  download the QR bar code scanner app in Google play store ON YOUR PHONE.  Pull up your sail pass on another device (laptop, computer, tablet, another phone) with the bar code.  Open up the QR bar code scanner app on your phone.  Point it at the bar code.  The number you will see will have numbers, a - , then 4 or 5 numbers.  Those numbers after the - is your room.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  download the QR bar code scanner app in Google play store ON YOUR PHONE.  Pull up your sail pass on another device (laptop, computer, tablet, another phone) with the bar code.  Open up the QR bar code scanner app on your phone.  Point it at the bar code.  The number you will see will have numbers, a - , then 4 or 5 numbers.  Those numbers after the - is your room.

Thanks for the tip.  Now to see if this is the room we actually get.