Yellow lane at cruise check in

somogirl

Has anyone ever been directed to go through the yellow lane at the cruise port for check in?  We tested positive for Covid 2 days prior to departure. When filling out the health assessment, I put down symptoms and that we tested positive, the website said “ you are not well go through yellow lane at check in”.  I thought for sure they would cancel me, I had to call my TA for that and they didn’t even want verification of my positive test.  I’m wondering if we would have still got on the ship with a positive test. 

1 minute ago, somogirl said:

Has anyone ever been directed to go through the yellow lane at the cruise port for check in?  We tested positive for Covid 2 days prior to departure. When filling out the health assessment, I put down symptoms and that we tested positive, the website said “ you are not well go through yellow lane at check in”.  I thought for sure they would cancel me, I had to call my TA for that and they didn’t even want verification of my positive test.  I’m wondering if we would have still got on the ship with a positive test. 

Are you saying they let you board or are you going to be retested at the pier ?

1 minute ago, somogirl said:

We never went to the pier because it is a 4 hour drive for us.  I’m just saying that is what Princess told me to do. 

My guess would be that if you had gone to the pier they would have tested you and if positive sent you packing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, somogirl said:

We got the yellow lane after answering that we had been out of the country in the last two weeks. We were quickly moved to the green lane after seeing staff in the yellow lane.

I imagine that you would have been denied boarding I. The yellow lane unless you had a “letter of recovery” indicating that your positive test was the result of having already had Covid-19

I was put in the yellow lane in January since I had contact with someone with covid 12 days prior to embarkment. I contacted Princess 3 times to see what this meant. Each time I was told that I would be evaluated at the pier, maybe given a covid test but to certainly come to the ship. My TA was given the same response.

Well, silly me, I believed them. Took my 3 negative covid test results etc, etc and flew to Ft. Lauderdale. Once we found someone who even knew what to do with a “yellow” lane we were sent to the medical area. The Dr. Asked why I was there. I told her that I was 12 days out and it put me in the yellow lane.  Immediately she said that I could not board. Nope…no evaluation, no covid test. She was nice about it. I asked if it was automatic. She said yes.  That was it. We were given a form letter with my last name spelled wrong and not even shown where to exit the building.

Don’t get me wrong. In January that was the protocol in place. I answered the questions honestly. But like the OP, I am still dumbfounded that my trip was not automatically canceled. It really hurt that I tried to get to the bottom of things and was given the wrong answer. 

I was supposed to be on a B2B. By the time we left the building my second cruise was gone from the Medallion app so we made plans to both go home. The Monday after the second cruise started I got a call asking why I was not on board. Sigh. This Princess employee was wonderful and encouraged me to contact customer service. I sent a letter in January and have yet to receive a response. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hsmom said:

I was put in the yellow lane in January since I had contact with someone with covid 12 days prior to embarkment. I contacted Princess 3 times to see what this meant. Each time I was told that I would be evaluated at the pier, maybe given a covid test but to certainly come to the ship. My TA was given the same response.

Well, silly me, I believed them. Took my 3 negative covid test results etc, etc and flew to Ft. Lauderdale. Once we found someone who even knew what to do with a “yellow” lane we were sent to the medical area. The Dr. Asked why I was there. I told her that I was 12 days out and it put me in the yellow lane.  Immediately she said that I could not board. Nope…no evaluation, no covid test. She was nice about it. I asked if it was automatic. She said yes.  That was it. We were given a form letter with my last name spelled wrong and not even shown where to exit the building.

Don’t get me wrong. In January that was the protocol in place. I answered the questions honestly. But like the OP, I am still dumbfounded that my trip was not automatically canceled. It really hurt that I tried to get to the bottom of things and was given the wrong answer. 

I was supposed to be on a B2B. By the time we left the building my second cruise was gone from the Medallion app so we made plans to both go home. The Monday after the second cruise started I got a call asking why I was not on board. Sigh. This Princess employee was wonderful and encouraged me to contact customer service. I sent a letter in January and have yet to receive a response. 

Holy moly. That’s an awful story and I’m so sorry. What a complete drag and a serious cluster. I want you to get all you $ back ASAP 

12 hours ago, hsmom said:

OMG - that is a terrible story.  Was it the ship's MD that ignored your tests results and denied you boarding?  Seems odd when other ships have guests in quarantine for a B2B.  Seems to me that encounter 12 days earlier doesn't mean anything when you have THREE!!! negative tests since.

• Like 1