Regal Princess Live: April 16-23 Med Cruise

patrickmoran

7 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Today the forward half of the port side of Emerald Deck has become the quarantine ward. My cabin is close to the exclusion zone but not too close hopefully. 

Does this mean the covid cases are going up on board😞

Had a call from the suite concierge yesterday asking if we wanted to go to the happy hour for drinks, asked him when the happy hour was he said it could be from 8am he would make it happen for me 🤣we went not long after he called, we were offered red, white or fizzy wine 🍾with cheese, we both had 2 glasses each before dinner at no cost and not added to the drinks package. Enjoying our balcony today, breakfast room service is not the best order was missing poached eggs yesterday and they missed  eggs with bacon & sausage today, back to Sabatini's tomorrow. Having a great time on board, Marseille tomorrow 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, S&DMOM said:

Does this mean the covid cases are going up on board😞

I assume so but no information from P. Mask usage is decreasing as the week progresses. Most venues are “Mask Recommended “. 

• Like 1

Food in the MDR for lunch and dinner has been good to excellent. I had the veal scallopini was great. I eat breakfast in Horizon Court and that has been fine. 
I saw the comedian last night and enjoyed him. 
They only offer one show in the theater per night. Last night there were lots of good seats available. 
Entertainment in the Piazza has been lacking. No band plays in the evening for dancing. There has been a group playing in the Vista Lounge but I haven’t heard them yet. 
I would estimate that the ship is maybe half full. Lots of good spots available in the Piazza on a sea day and most evenings. Unheard of pre-Covid. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theborders said:

Had a call from the suite concierge yesterday asking if we wanted to go to the happy hour for drinks, asked him when the happy hour was he said it could be from 8am he would make it happen for me 🤣we went not long after he called, we were offered red, white or fizzy wine 🍾with cheese, we both had 2 glasses each before dinner at no cost and not added to the drinks package. Enjoying our balcony today, breakfast room service is not the best order was missing poached eggs yesterday and they missed  eggs with bacon & sausage today, back to Sabatini's tomorrow. Having a great time on board, Marseille tomorrow 😁

Next time you go to the Concierge lounge, please say "Hello" to Amel (the guest service guy there) for me.  Please tell him the "hello" is from the Asian woman who just completed her 28-day TA/Med. cruise; for sure he knows who I am.  Amel is a super nice guy!

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

Food in the MDR for lunch and dinner has been good to excellent. I had the veal scallopini was great. I eat breakfast in Horizon Court and that has been fine. 
I saw the comedian last night and enjoyed him. 
They only offer one show in the theater per night. Last night there were lots of good seats available. 
Entertainment in the Piazza has been lacking. No band plays in the evening for dancing. There has been a group playing in the Vista Lounge but I haven’t heard them yet. 
I would estimate that the ship is maybe half full. Lots of good spots available in the Piazza on a sea day and most evenings. Unheard of pre-Covid. 

what time is the show?

Princess has just opened up additional dining space in DMW for REGAL Oct 1, 8 & 15.  Probably other dates, but I don't have bookings.  They have added Allegro where just had Concerto before and space was pretty much gone on many dates.

ETA:  No success this far trying to re-book for full voyage into Allegro.  Could be a bug related to multiple DR's, but could also be due to B2B situation - which had been an issue before.  On another ship voyage (no B2B), no problem if I want to re-book for full voyage.

Edited by Steelers36

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess has just opened up additional dining space in DMW for REGAL Oct 1, 8 & 15.  Probably other dates, but I don't have bookings.  They have added Allegro where just had Concerto before and space was pretty much gone on many dates.

ETA:  No success this far trying to re-book for full voyage into Allegro.  Could be a bug related to multiple DR's, but could also be due to B2B situation - which had been an issue before.  On another ship voyage (no B2B), no problem if I want to re-book for full voyage.

Just to clarify, what is BTB? and you mean a Bug with the medallion app?

Today we were at Marseille. The weather was cloudy with some showers. The cruise port is 30 minutes from center city. There is a shuttle that’s $16 round trip. I don’t know the frequency. 
I took the ship’s tour to Avignon and Palace of the Popes. I enjoyed it. The palace is a large stone building devoid of any furniture, tapestries, etc. A few frescoes have survived but it is nothing like the Vatican.  Lots of shops and restaurants in Avignon. Lunch was ok. I would have preferred to do it on my own as there were plenty of interesting choices. 
Tomorrow we dock in Genoa. I’m taking a ship’s tour to Milan to see the Last Supper. 

• Like 1

Can you tell us what the head count is on the Regal? Also, Have the opened the Bistro for other offering besides desserts? Can you comment on the entertainment? We were on the regal for the Transatlantic and the Captain nor his First bothered to attend the Captains Circle Loyalty get together . Just seems like another change due to Covid or cutbacks. Has the internet improved as you travel the Med?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, patrickmoran said:

Today we were at Marseille. The weather was cloudy with some showers. The cruise port is 30 minutes from center city. There is a shuttle that’s $16 round trip. I don’t know the frequency. 
I took the ship’s tour to Avignon and Palace of the Popes. I enjoyed it. The palace is a large stone building devoid of any furniture, tapestries, etc. A few frescoes have survived but it is nothing like the Vatican.  Lots of shops and restaurants in Avignon. Lunch was ok. I would have preferred to do it on my own as there were plenty of interesting choices. 
Tomorrow we dock in Genoa. I’m taking a ship’s tour to Milan to see the Last Supper. 

thank you for the update. Im glad you had a good day.

2 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

The cruise port is 30 minutes from center city. There is a shuttle that’s $16 round trip. I don’t know the frequency. 

The cruise port is no more than 15 minutes from the centre, and the Princess shuttle is free. Frequency is around every 20 minutes.   

Thanks for taking the time to post, I'm wanting to do the milan/ last supper in a few weeks. Looking forward to your experience!

Are independent tours running as well, that you can tell?

Are masks being worn in the ports?

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

The cruise port is no more than 15 minutes from the centre, and the Princess shuttle is free. Frequency is around every 20 minutes.   

I would agree it is about 15 minutes by shuttle but it is $16.00 round trip as we paid that yesterday, it certainly was not free.

1 hour ago, theborders said:

I would agree it is about 15 minutes by shuttle but it is $16.00 round trip as we paid that yesterday, it certainly was not free.

That's strange - it was free on Sky last year.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, patrickmoran said:

Today the forward half of the port side of Emerald Deck has become the quarantine ward. My cabin is close to the exclusion zone but not too close hopefully. 

That seems very strange indeed.  Just got off the Regal, 28 days, and the entire time, port side of Dolphin deck was the quaranteed area.  Why would they suddenly move all those cabins to Emerald deck unless it has just expanded?  I was on starboard side of Dolphin deck and it began as quaranteed from midship to front on port side but before we got off, the entire port side of Dolphin was locked off.

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your cruise and the tours.    I am enjoying following along, especially the comments on the quarantine area.  

Some of us cruising in a couple of weeks were wondering if Euros are available on the ship.    I seem to remember that there was one ATM that would dispense € bu that was a few years ago pre Covid. 

also, do you know if the crew prefers US$ or Euros as tips?   I usually tip in $ but exchange rates for cash are the worst!     

stay safe and have fun!