Which cruise line/ship

4 hours ago, IdRatherBCruisin said:

Which cruise line/ship to British Isles and why?

Thanks!

From which country/ port to which port in the UK or do do plan a cruise around the British Isles? 

I’m definitely curious about recommendations although not the OP.  We were looking at the 12 days British isles on Emerald princess. Seems to have the best itinerary.  Anyone taken this cruise before? Or have a different suggestion. 

14 hours ago, Manda917 said:

I’m definitely curious about recommendations although not the OP.  We were looking at the 12 days British isles on Emerald princess. Seems to have the best itinerary.  Anyone taken this cruise before? Or have a different suggestion. 

We will be boarding the Emerald for that itinerary in just a few weeks! They made one port change from the original itinerary which was disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

18 minutes ago, Manda917 said:

Did you consider any different ships/itineraries? 

Not really. We really like Princess and the itinerary was is lovely except they removed the Orkney Islands and replaced it with Liverpool.

6 hours ago, IdRatherBCruisin said:

I was looking at Norwegian dawn next september

Personally, we most likely will not ever sail on Norwegian. From research and friend reviews, it is not the cruise line for us.

I am interested in this as well.  We may have FCC with Celebrity because we may have to cancel our September 2022 New England cruise.  Thinking about switching to a British Isles cruise instead.  We have never cruised with Celebrity.

I was also eyeing the aforementioned Emerald cruise.  Dublin is still on the itinerary for the earlier August 1st cruise.  So here is my question. We have cruised Princess before, and enjoyed it.  The Emerald is an absolute steal money wise compared to Celebrity.  Why is that?  I know they've been having some upkeep issues on the Ruby - toilets not working - lately.  Is it because the Emerald is aging?

What else may I be missing vs Celebrity?  

Also - this itinerary looks amazing, but is the rain what keeps people away?  We've never been to Western Europe, but I've wanted to see Ireland and Scotland.  Do people just consider the Med better?

6 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

I am interested in this as well.  We may have FCC with Celebrity because we may have to cancel our September 2022 New England cruise.  Thinking about switching to a British Isles cruise instead.  We have never cruised with Celebrity.

I was also eyeing the aforementioned Emerald cruise.  Dublin is still on the itinerary for the earlier August 1st cruise.  So here is my question. We have cruised Princess before, and enjoyed it.  The Emerald is an absolute steal money wise compared to Celebrity.  Why is that?  I know they've been having some upkeep issues on the Ruby - toilets not working - lately.  Is it because the Emerald is aging?

What else may I be missing vs Celebrity?  

Also - this itinerary looks amazing, but is the rain what keeps people away?  We've never been to Western Europe, but I've wanted to see Ireland and Scotland.  Do people just consider the Med better?

Celebrity is expensive. The Med is not "better or worse" than the British Isles... That would be like saying is cake better than ice cream? They are very different. 

the UK is known for rain; it just is.

We really enjoy Princess and I hope the Emerald will not disappoint.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nini said:

Celebrity is expensive. The Med is not "better or worse" than the British Isles... That would be like saying is cake better than ice cream? They are very different. 

the UK is known for rain; it just is.

We really enjoy Princess and I hope the Emerald will not disappoint.

Good analogy: they are different.

We did the British Isles on the former Ocean Princess. If it still existed, I would definitely now be recommending it for the small ship experience. 

I will recommend The Book of Kells at Trinity College as a must see in Dublin. It was a truly awe inspiring experience.

We are also looking at the 12 day British Isle cruise on the Emerald Princess, but we are a family of three and even in the balcony rooms it seems like they just put in a roll away bed. We are a little bit worried about space. Has anyone sailed the Emerald Princess with three people? 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:49 AM, ontheweb said:

Good analogy: they are different.

We did the British Isles on the former Ocean Princess. If it still existed, I would definitely now be recommending it for the small ship experience. 

I will recommend The Book of Kells at Trinity College as a must see in Dublin. It was a truly awe inspiring experience.

Thank you so much for your comment about the Book of Kells. We have tickets for May 12th.

19 hours ago, alg2@humboldt.edu said:

We are also looking at the 12 day British Isle cruise on the Emerald Princess, but we are a family of three and even in the balcony rooms it seems like they just put in a roll away bed. We are a little bit worried about space. Has anyone sailed the Emerald Princess with three people? 

The Emerald is one of the older ships, unlike the Regal which has Deluxe Balcony Cabins with sofabeds. I did a quick search and did find that to be so on the Emerald. However, Premium Suites have a sofabed. I would confirm with Princess that they are bringing in a roll away.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:19 PM, alg2@humboldt.edu said:

We booked a mini-suite because of this.  I know it's more expensive, but I really can't imagine my 6ft tall 15 year old on a roll away on a 12-night cruise.

2 hours ago, jenf22 said:

We booked a mini-suite because of this.  I know it's more expensive, but I really can't imagine my 6ft tall 15 year old on a roll away on a 12-night cruise.

You will enjoy!