Can I add a third person? Last Day

hollon

21 minutes ago, hollon said:

My cruise is May 21st, when is the last day/week that I can add a 3rd person to our room? Thanks

If you have a two person cabin, you can’t. If you change to a cabin for more than two persons, you will pay the prevailing rates - you can do that up till one day out. 

12 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

You will have to call.  They need to be cleared by security and the cabin/suite needs to be able to handle a third guest.   The rate could also change.   Call asap.

thank you

Just now, Biker19 said:

If you have a two person cabin, you can’t. If you change to a cabin for more than two persons, you will pay the prevailing rates - you can do that up till one day out. 

yes, i have a jr. suite J4, my son is coming home from the military but don't know which week, hoping and praying he can join us. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hollon said:

yes, i have a jr. suite J4, my son is coming home from the military but don't know which week, hoping and praying he can join us. 

Be aware that just because you have a room that is big enough to hold him, it does not mean he can necessarily join you. There are muster station considerations involving capacity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hollon said:

J4 have a capacity for 2 guests.  You'll need a J3 for more than 2 guests.

J3 usually cost more than J4 even from day one when a cruise opens for booking years in advance.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

Check the price difference for an interior room near yours compared to adding a 4th to your room.   I am learning that the price has gone up so much since I originally booked, that a single interior is actually cheaper than adding a 4th to a nicer room. That also gives you an extra bathroom. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sampup333 said:

Check the price difference for an interior room near yours compared to adding a 4th to your room.   I am learning that the price has gone up so much since I originally booked, that a single interior is actually cheaper than adding a 4th to a nicer room. That also gives you an extra bathroom. 

This happened to us.  DH and I have a 2 br grand suite (price was the same as a regular grand suite).  Son decided to join us and the cost to add him to our cabin was over $4,000.  But an interior across the hall was only $900.  

• Like 2