Personal Vacation Planner & Upgrades

a3593

I have a wonderful PVP so I know the benefit of working with one for booking, but what abut upgrades?  I haven't received any offers yet, and I'm looking to upgrade from interior to balcony. Is it beneficial to call the PVP or is there a better way to go about getting upgrades at a potential discount?

22 minutes ago, a3593 said:

I have a wonderful PVP so I know the benefit of working with one for booking, but what abut upgrades?  I haven't received any offers yet, and I'm looking to upgrade from interior to balcony. Is it beneficial to call the PVP or is there a better way to go about getting upgrades at a potential discount?

Pvp told me she has no authority to give a discount. No secret sauce menu. She can only give carnival prices. Mine was so good she also taught new pvps. ..so I believe her. Dont bother to ask. She cant.

Check your offers. She can help if you cant find them. Any upgrade to a booking will also be posted there.

I keep an eye on prices.  If I see a cabin open that I like - and the upgrade price is reasonable - I call my wonderful pvp and she snags it. I went from regular balcony on Horizon to Havana aft vista wrap for $400 - a steal on top of what I had originally paid for my cabin.  Then again - capacity on ships are increasing (or are back to 100%) so those upgrade offers may not be as good, or even offered too often.  Otherwise, I have never gotten an upgrade/upsell offer from Carnival.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, a3593 said:

If you are dangling up for an Upsell call, book a connecting stateroom (door between cabins)  early during high demand times.  

Upsell calls go out when it benefits the cruise line and they need/want your current cabin to resell to someone else at a higher price.  Connecting cabins can be in demand for families and you might get an upsell call so Carnival can rebook it.  However, you could also end up sailing in a connecting cabin.

PVPS don't have a inside scoop and will be just as surprised as you.  

• Like 1