AM or PM cabin cleaning

G8R On Board

22 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Were you aware that, up until a few weeks before her inaugural sailing, Carnival had full plans of offering (wait, hold your breath - it's a HUGE addition to the Excel suites) coffee makers in those rooms? Well, that was wishful thinking - and they quietly removed them from the list of amenities. Pick your (their) excuse !!

Question for you - if/when you ordered room service (extra fee items) - have they got it fixed yet not to actually charge you for those items? They charged us on both our August and November sailings, saying that they should be able to remove those charges AFTER the cruise, and it was a known glitch... 

Tom

Have to add one more thing I didn't understand....

How come the forward excel suites got a wet bar but the aft excel suites did not? 🤔

Edited by BabyJacks17

I tend to prefer the evening, like when I go to dinner for them to do up the room.  By habit and nature I tend to keep things neat and picked up so it is not an issue (lived in a lot of small places).  The other reason is that I love staying up late enjoying the quiet and peace of being on the ship so I tend to sleep in late.  I also don’t tie myself to excursions any more so that makes a difference.  I have actually had the stewards ask me if I slept in the room because my bed is made up the way they do it honestly it is just habit LOL as I sleep in my cabin every night.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BabyJacks17 said:

I'm glad you pointed this out because I couldn't figure out if I had dreamt up the idea that a coffee maker would be apart of our "amenities"  - while the fruit and bottle of wine were a nice touch we would have absolutely preferred to have the coffee maker. 

Yes!  We did get charged 2x for both our orders from room service during our week onboard and now that you bring this up I'll have to do some administrative work to find out if we ever were refunded.  They had nothing but time to have all their ducks in order for the inaugural sailing so very surprising even in January the glitch was in place.  I do remember I got charged for a diet pepsi while taking in a show in Grand Central - I was unsure if it was because the waiter handed me a can  (not fountain?) so therefore this wasn't considered apart of the free bubbles package? I never went to follow up on this one either as time just got away from me. 

P.S. I think we may have ended up having the same cabin steward (possibly, think we referred to him as "G" ) in January as you had in November as we ended up staying in the same room - 12503 🙂

I wish I could remember his name. I usually take a pic, but just went back and saw that I didn't that time!

Tom

Prior to the shut-down, Carnival was suggesting just once-a-day room service.  Wife and I still opted for two.

With the re-start, now that the stated policy of Carnival is only once-a-day service (whether your room steward complies or not), we pick evenings.  Steward knew our dining time, so we never get in each others way.  It was the extra touch of a turn-down service that made coming back to our room at night a little extra special.

5 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

We prefer evening cleaning since we do not get up early. We also ask for ice and transfer it into our insulated cups and store in the mini fridge. Last month the ice from the first night was still frozen the day we left (we try to only use one of the cups and keep one full of ice). 

Great tip about the ice!  

23 minutes ago, MogeyMan said:

If ice is an issue, do what we do. We take a collapsible ice chest.  We ask the stewards to keep it full & give them a boarding tip.

We pack a small Yeti cooler in our luggage (and stuff it full of socks/t-shirts/etc). Those hold ice for the better part of a day.

Tom

• Like 1

We are PM people, we ask for our ice cooler to be full if they can (never been a problem) and we do go back to our cabin a little more than an hour before dinner (we have anytime and go when it opens as we are not late eaters) to shower, dress and enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony before we leave.  We leave our Do Not Disturb" on our door while we are in our cabin (so no interruptions for cleaning).    

Once we leave, our steward can tidy up, change towels and make up the beds (son uses couch).  Our steward typically puts the couch back up in AM when he fills our ice cooler but the actual cleaning and bed making can wait.  

Edited by Drazil65

Just got off the Pride.

Was solo in my cabin.  Had an excellent steward Prapa.  She was excellent, always a smile and eager to assist.

I opt for morning cleaning.  Mainly because when coming back to cabin from shore or around the cabin, wanted to enjoy it in the evenings.

Asked for bucket of ice when cleaning and she did so.

Also sent out items for laundry and double check with me ( I messed up the slip)

I actually like the once a day over the twice. The only reason I would opt for twice is if full cabin of four or more

• Like 1

21 hours ago, G8R On Board said:

It's my understanding that on Carnival ships, your room steward will ask if you want a morning or an evening cleaning.  I realize a lot of that decision depends on personal habits like if you prefer to sleep in or if you're an early riser and out the door all morning, etc.  I've been thinking about which option is best, but I'd like to hear some of your thoughts as to pros and cons of each.  I like to have ice in the room, so a morning cleaning would be better for that.  However I like the idea of not having to vacate the room for a bit of time if we are slow to get ready on a particular day.  We're out of the room in the evenings anyways.  So what do you all think, and what has made you decide one way or the other? 

Choose morning cleaning, hang the Snoozin' sign on the door for the days you want to sleep in, tell the room steward when you want ice in the cabin.

On our most recent Cruise our room steward worked a split shift. We asked for early cleaning. He worked from 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM and would return at 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Even though we chose the early cleaning our room would sometimes not get cleaned until noon.

No big deal because we are and out early.  

We always do evening as we usually sleep in if we can.  We are really tidy and keep the room clean, I even kind of "make" the bed when we get out it in the morning.  

Almost every room steward we have had watch closely to see when you are leaving to go to dinner- and we make it a point to say good evening or hi as we walk by on our way out for the night.  We come back and room is clean.  

As far as ice in the room, you can simply ask him to keep ice for you and he will both day and evening.  Last cruise our Steward told us he would clean both times, and we had to tell him it wasn't necessary, but evenings was fine with us.  These guys work hard enough as it is.

• Like 1

We prefer AM for a few reasons:

1) We like having the bed made and everything cleaned up for the bulk of the day.

2) We struggle to reuse Carnival's "ever-wet" towels and like them replaced shortly after morning showers.

If we plan to sleep I , we just put the "snoozing" sign out, and they seem to circle back around as soon as we vacate the room.

• Like 1

On the Vista a couple of weeks ago we chose morning, our steward asked if 10 Am was a good time and it was perfect for us. We also told him we would need ice and he stopped in the evenings to refill the ice bucket and also replaced any used towels at that time. It worked great, didn’t miss the twice a day service at all. We were fortunate to have an excellent steward and were on the 11th deck so we could run down to the beverage station on lido for more ice if needed.

I also bought the insulated cups through the fun shop which included an oversized coffee mug which I filled every morning at the beverage station and grabbed a couple of cups. It was enough for both of us and so much better than waiting on room service.