Cruise Critic will be on Celebrity Beyond - what do you want to know?

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

The cabin picture of the bed includes the area above the bed and it appears ther are two HVAC outlets there. I wonder if, since the ship was built after covid started, they did a change on the fly for more recirculation.

Anybody have a recollection of how thats done  on Apex or edge?

Certainly more than S class.

Here's a photo of the Edge.

IMG_20181217_102814863_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181216_123940097.jpg

• Members

Don't sleep on the Stage Door show. Yes, every cruise line has a Broadway hits show. But Celebrity did something different here with its new technology and screens. All in all, I thought the production shows were a step above what I've seen out there lately. I see a lot of shows, and I was entertained. 

Of the 3 new shows, I liked Elements the least. 

B771C593-A29A-4408-B57C-C629119703B3.jpeg

B2AB1469-422F-44FD-8ED6-11549C66BB68.jpeg

70F19774-34E9-42D1-9238-38AFF9225E16.jpeg

183671A8-6C68-41DC-A547-6D3113C466B7.jpeg

3D52D89F-9727-47AA-B50F-F04F12D18204.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, kwokpot said:

I'm curious if there are any changes to the spa. The Spas are identical on the Edge and Apex,so it would interesting if any enhancements were made.

I REALLY wish they would utilize the outside forward deck at the spa. It's such a wonderful space but it's terribly wasted on both the Edge and Apex since there's no seating, no nothing except for a few sculptures.

And there was no T pool anywhere., could be a nice spot for a hot tub area?

On 4/21/2022 at 2:51 PM, zitsky said:

Is the Daniel Boulud restaurant open on the Beyond?  I read the capacity is 50 pax so I imagine it's hard to get a reservation?

We had a pretty "interesting" Goop discussion.  I read about Gwenyth Paltrow possibly being on a Beyond cruise?  I read about 4/27 but is it confirmed that she will be on board?

Hope X gives up on Goop!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Don't sleep on the Stage Door show. Yes, every cruise line has a Broadway hits show. But Celebrity did something different here with its new technology and screens. All in all, I thought the production shows were a step above what I've seen out there lately. I see a lot of shows, and I was entertained. 

Of the 3 new shows, I liked Elements the least. 

B771C593-A29A-4408-B57C-C629119703B3.jpeg

B2AB1469-422F-44FD-8ED6-11549C66BB68.jpeg

70F19774-34E9-42D1-9238-38AFF9225E16.jpeg

183671A8-6C68-41DC-A547-6D3113C466B7.jpeg

3D52D89F-9727-47AA-B50F-F04F12D18204.jpeg

is Le voyage included in the speciality dining packages!

4 hours ago, Stu UK said:

is Le voyage included in the speciality dining packages!

I do not recommend the specialty dining package, unless your only goal is to save money...You don't "book" your reservations until on board and Eden, Le Voyage may be sold out for the entire cruise at that point.  It happened to a lot of folks on my March Apex cruise.  I tried to book Eden again after dinning there the first night and it was sold out.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

I do not recommend the specialty dining package, unless your only goal is to save money...You don't "book" your reservations until on board and Eden, Le Voyage may be sold out for the entire cruise at that point.  It happened to a lot of folks on my March Apex cruise.  I tried to book Eden again after dinning there the first night and it was sold out.

to clarify-I have booked specialty restaurants before the cruise, especially when at a discount. Is your comment about on board only reservations apply to when you have a package? or any reservation.

We were in a CS on the Edge & have one booked on the Beyond in Oct.  We found that the tub shower leaked all over the floor. It was a bad design-narrow and slippery, too.    Have they made any improvements to the bath situation? Thank you for the pictures of the CS.

Edited by NJ Gal

2 hours ago, HMR74 said:

to clarify-I have booked specialty restaurants before the cruise, especially when at a discount. Is your comment about on board only reservations apply to when you have a package? or any reservation.

There are times when a discount for a specific specialty restaurant or night may be offered through your Cruise a planner.  However, if you purchase a specialty dining package of a certain number of nights (i.e. 3, 4, 5 nights), you cannot make reservations before boarding.  There will be an arbitrary reservation made in one of the restaurants by Celebrity for either the first or second night, but it is basically a place-holder which you can change once onboard. 

1 hour ago, NJ Gal said:

We were in a CS on the Edge & have one booked on the Beyond in Oct.  We found that the tub shower leaked all over the floor. It was a bad design-narrow and slippery, too.    Have they made any improvements to the bath situation? Thank you for the pictures of the CS.

If it's the same design as in the Sky Suites what you have to do is before opening the glass door to exit just quickly swipe your hand on inside ledges of the tub to wipe away any accumulated water. Then nothing will drip from the inside to the outside when you open the door. Literally several swipes did the trick. 

25 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If it's the same design as in the Sky Suites what you have to do is before opening the glass door to exit just quickly swipe your hand on inside ledges of the tub to wipe away any accumulated water. Then nothing will drip from the inside to the outside when you open the door. Literally several swipes did the trick. 

X should just put squeegie in each shower if it cannot get the situation fixed the right way.

Just what I want to do in a suite or any cabin-use my hand to push the water away from a shower inside door.

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

• Members
9 hours ago, macaroni said:

What did you actually eat from the Le Voyage menu….it looks great. We already have reservations here on our October cruise.

The meal starts with a caviar and egg cream amuse bouche and a glass of Veuve champagne. I had the Alaskan King Crab salad and the Brazilian moqueta. My friend had the vidalia onion tart and lamb chops. My dessert was the mille-feuille. You also get lemon madelines and truffles. 

All delicious! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

The meal starts with a caviar and egg cream amuse bouche and a glass of Veuve champagne. I had the Alaskan King Crab salad and the Brazilian moqueta. My friend had the vidalia onion tart and lamb chops. My dessert was the mille-feuille. You also get lemon madelines and truffles. 

All delicious! 

That sounds amazing!  Thank you so much for all the info!

Nice article and enjoyed the posts here. Thank you  for sharing.

If LLP 's target is Gen X she may be "missing the boat" by overlooking others who like to cruise.   Hoppen decor was not that popular or comfortable on the other E ships,  and GOOP has fallen short so far ( lack of cohesive  brand identity)

Other than that we are looking forward to our BEYOND cruise.,..even if we are generation "happily retired".

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Nice article and enjoyed the posts here. Thank you  for sharing.

If LLP 's target is Gen X she may be "missing the boat" by overlooking others who like to cruise.   Hoppen decor was not that popular or comfortable on the other E ships,  and GOOP has fallen short so far ( lack of cohesive  brand identity)

Other than that we are looking forward to our BEYOND cruise.,..even if we are generation "happily retired".

Happily retired can quickly become the pre-senile gen. PS, postscript, how appropriate. Cruising make us feel young.er 

10 hours ago, HMR74 said:

Happily retired can quickly become the pre-senile gen. PS, postscript, how appropriate. Cruising make us feel young.er 

Hopefully, being active  can stave off "pre-senility", even if we have some Sr moments now and then.  For us it means more time for the gym, hiking, swimming, gardening, dh golf, enjoying our vacation home, many other interests,  ability to spend more time enjoying life and our grands..they def keep us feeling young!

We will add cruising back in slowly as we start to feel safe with it.  First one is BEYOND in Nov. Loved all the photis in this report!

• Like 2