Cabins near elevation

ak1004

A dozen cruises ago we switched to Oceania after a Holland America cruise where our cabin was opposite the elevators. A gazillion times a day they would arrive with a VERY loud DING. Drove us ding batty as the cabin door had a louver in it, probably for ventilation. Oceania elevators announce themselves so quietly we've had them arrive and depart while waiting for them but talking to someone in the hallway.

The only sound you may hear is a loud passenger, not the elevator. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

of course they can

if people are talking loudly in the hall close to your cabin you might hear it

I never heard the elevators but people sometimes

True, but people can talk while passing your cabin even far from the elevators. If people talk in the hall near the elevators, this should be far enough from the cabins. I was more worried about the "ding" noise that some elevators make, but this seems not to be an issue on O newer ships?

26 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

True, but people can talk while passing your cabin even far from the elevators. If people talk in the hall near the elevators, this should be far enough from the cabins. I was more worried about the "ding" noise that some elevators make, but this seems not to be an issue on O newer ships?

As I said  we did not hear the elevators  just the people

If 7049 is your room option, go for it.  As mentioned above, you may hear some guests talking while walking bye but O guests are more respectful of the passengers and are not loud and boisterous. Not many alcohol laced loud and obnoxious guests roaming the halls. Since you are forward, fewer people will be passing your room as opposed to a similar location by an elevator in the AFT of deck 7.  More people are heading to the Terrace Cafe, Waves  or GDR on the stairs or elevators.
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

best location on the ship....all I will book.      They do not ding    just light display and the door opens never had a problem with any noise either passengers or  elevator on O and R class...    Enjoy

I 2nd that always book near an elevator.

Jancruz1

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I 2nd that always book near an elevator.

Jancruz1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Best cruise ever!!Did Sunny Seascape Caribbean 2/19-3/8 we were in 11024 and never heard a word with the elevator! Best part perfect location to everything! Love Riviera.

Denise😊

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Best cruise ever!!Did Sunny Seascape Caribbean 2/19-3/8 we were in 11024 and never heard a word with the elevator! Best part perfect location to everything! Love Riviera.

Denise😊

location...location location.....   forget the mid ship...  Foward elevator is  the hiway to happiness.. on ALL classes all ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

location...location location.....   forget the mid ship...  Foward elevator is  the hiway to happiness.. on ALL classes all ships.

Funny Dan, I like being near aft elevator as all the restaurants and the pool is there..we rarely go to the theater or Horizons which are forward..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Funny Dan, I like being near aft elevator as all the restaurants and the pool is there..we rarely go to the theater or Horizons which are forward..

Jancruz1

Well    forward is Horizons   for morning coffee, Smoking   areas for wife, waves bar, theater, Artist loft,  and tender access.

The walk aft is good excersize for a meal...

Plus closer to the bow with better vistas, less wind ( aft of the bridge is a wind shelter for 4 ot 5 cabins) .     and the feel of closer to the sea

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

We are the same- always book a cabin by the aft stairs/elevators......our favorites are in the back!

We always book 10037 on Marina and Riveria specifically because they are near the elevator.  Never a noise problem.  Being near the elevator makes any ship much more manageable.  Also, there is usually a router near the elevator so WiFi is semi horrible as opposed to completely horrible.

If you forget something when at dinner or disembarking, it’s just a few minutes back to your room if you are near the elevator.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

we agree aft on all our cruises .