Cruise Critic Sailing on Norwegian Bliss to Alaska on 4/23 - Ask Us Your Questions

kvalenta

On 4/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, Uff da said:

It has to do with the current Canada rules that every person on a ship be vaccinated before it can dock in Canada. That's how they check it. It's not about if you are getting off or not. 

Not sure why you keep repeating this incorrect information. I've pointed out the accurate information numerous times. NCL is welcoming unvaccinated guests 12 and under on sailings including Canada/Alaska. 

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

image.png.cce5a13a38338f46220b4b15187192db.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

Thank you! Did you get an opportunity to see the Company Men?

No. Hoping they perform again so we can catch them! Many were not feeling well yesterday due to rocky seas. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Not sure why you keep repeating this incorrect information. I've pointed out the accurate information numerous times. NCL is welcoming unvaccinated guests 12 and under on sailings including Canada/Alaska. 

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

image.png.cce5a13a38338f46220b4b15187192db.png

Okay fine. Every person 12 and up. Are you happy now? 

Edited by Uff da
  • Haha 1

If anyone could post the Daily for Wednesday - Day 4 it would be greatly appreciated. Also, for those on the sailing, how did you like Kristina Wells - either Saturday or tonight? Did Company Men perform on Sunday and how was it? Thank you so much in advance!

13 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

If anyone could post the Daily for Wednesday - Day 4 it would be greatly appreciated. Also, for those on the sailing, how did you like Kristina Wells - either Saturday or tonight? Did Company Men perform on Sunday and how was it? Thank you so much in advance!

Thank you, @PharGirl79for posting what I asked. I was having a senior moment and actually wanted Wednesday - Day 5. I will also be asking about Day 6 and Day 7 when they are available.

Can anyone comment on Kristina Wells or Company Men?

I appreciate any responses and hope all on board are having a great time. Hopefully ours starts soon.

Can you get a French Raspberry Martini anywhere on board? They had this at the martini bar on our last cruise and it was SO good. We are going on the Bliss in Feb and saw they do not have the martini bar but maybe they have this drink somewhere else?

17 minutes ago, abugarcia1 said:

Thank you for sharing your information. I'm wondering when you get to Victoria if it takes longer to disembark due to the information required for the ArriveCan App? Thank you again.

Curious on this as well.  They've adjusted our upcoming itinerary from 7 pm to 7:30, which I assume is because of that.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, laudergayle said:

How exciting…today is Embarkation Day for you! I am curious about the Entertainment schedule.  Are Jersey Boys and Beatles cover group playing on your cruise…and what days?  We’re on the 5/14 cruise and have been watching the weather in Sitka, Juneau and Icy Strait.  Seems like highs will be 49-52 degrees high (rain perhaps). What did you need for layers for on shore in these ports.  Thanks for your insight.  Have an amazing cruise.

Hi there! Jersey Boys and the Beatles group have or are both performing on this sailing. Jersey Boys is currently bidding adieu to one cast on this sailing and the next one is ready to pick up on the next sailing. The Beatles group has mostly performed in the Cavern Club, though moved to two shows in Bliss Theater last night. 

We have had lots of rain and fog, through the latter has burnt off late in the day in some ports and the rain hasn't been heavy. I have a thick pullover fleece and thin waterproof shell and have been fine. The waterproof shell and a hoodie have also worked as well.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, abugarcia1 said:

Thank you for sharing your information. I'm wondering when you get to Victoria if it takes longer to disembark due to the information required for the ArriveCan App? Thank you again.

I will let you know. I know that ArriveCan requirements have changed while onboard (you don't need to submit the quarantine plan, as far as I know, and NCL didn't exactly tell you how to provide that information either).

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, cc-riderslc said:

I would like to know how the ArriveCAN process works in Victoria. Did you fill it out and submit it? Did NCL ask for the confirmation when you boarded? Did the the Canadian boarder agents ask for it when you got off in Victoria. 

You must fill it out within 72 hours BEFORE you leave Seattle. NCL checks that you have done so before you are even allowed to board the ship. Certain aspects of the ArriveCAN app have been dropped, in my understanding (the quarantine plan portion, as far as I know). We arrive in Victoria tomorrow and I'll follow up.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 1:52 PM, tgloersen said:

Sorry if already asked, but do you know how full the ship is?

We've been told between 50 and 60% -- around 2400 passengers I believe, and 1600 crew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1