We're sharing a change for your upcoming Royal Caribbean International sailing - Complimentary Upgrade

2 minutes ago, Laylyn05 said:

I received this email this afternoon. Anyone know why Covid protocols would make a room not be available? Also, does anyone know about how long it takes for them to tell you your new room?

AB37E457-6DCF-4B8A-A9A6-E6A999E93D9F.jpeg

Don't they usually dedicate certain cabins for quarantine?

What cabin did you have?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Someone could have been COVID positive in your cabin - they sometimes block that cabin on the following sailing. 

But their sailing is June 5th, so that is unlikely.

Probably making sure they have quarantine cabins available.  I would be wary of where they upgrade to.  If someone had a midship OV, I would not want a forward cabin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I would be wary of where they upgrade to.  If someone had a midship OV, I would not want a forward cabin.

Missed the date details - you are right. 

RCI’s definition of upgrade may quite different than the OP’s. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Someone could have been COVID positive in your cabin - they sometimes block that cabin on the following sailing. 

It’s not until June so I don’t believe that’s it, at least not in this case.

It happened to us on our March 4th Wonder cruise twice before we sailed.We originally had an interior cabin on deck 8 by the aft elevators.We were moved to deck 9 forward interior cabin. About 3 weeks before we sailed I noticed the cabin beside our original deck 8 cabin was available so I switched.Then a week before our sailing they sent an email sailing the we moving us and to an upgraded cabin.We ended up in a boardwalk balcony. I have no idea why as I'm sure our original cabin was not in a quarantine zone as those are usually forward cabins.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

My guess is their booked cabin was on deck 6 and it will be blocked in the quarantine area for that cruise.

We had an oceanview on deck 3 so this might make sense if they want to make the lower decks quarantine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeginnercruiserHD said:

Don't they usually dedicate certain cabins for quarantine?

What cabin did you have?

We had an oceanview on deck 3. There are 5 of us so very curious where we will be moved to since most rooms don’t fit 5.

Edited by Laylyn05

1 hour ago, Laylyn05 said:

I received this email this afternoon. Anyone know why Covid protocols would make a room not be available? Also, does anyone know about how long it takes for them to tell you your new room?

Friends of our were on a cruise with us in March.  Same thing happened to them on the Odyssey.  They talked to the travel agent we booked with, and I believe they had their new assignment in a week or so.

1 hour ago, mgel728 said:

Wondering the same- Also got this email but for a different cruise, and I'm worrying about it because we have a connected cabin to our minor kids.

Continued from my comment above...RCCL tried to move our friends to an ocean view cabin for each of their cabins.  The cabins were not connecting RCCL offered.  The travel agent pressed this issue, and they ended up with connecting balconies at no extra charge.  If they cannot offer you connecting cabins in the same category, ask your travel agent if they have connecting cabins available in any other categories that are also an upgrade and have them fight for you.

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Probably making sure they have quarantine cabins available.  I would be wary of where they upgrade to.  If someone had a midship OV, I would not want a forward cabin.

If they "upgrade" you to a cabin in an undesirable area of the ship, talk to your travel agent or find a website online that shows other available cabins in the category they moved you to and request they change the cabin to that cabin instead.

• Like 2

Thank you- that's what I am hoping to do- I know the ship is sold out of OV, which we booked, but not sold out of balconies.  We did use a travel agent as well.  My kids are very young, so definitely can not be separated from us. Fingers crossed everything works out!

• Like 2

We just had the same thing happen for our Harmony cruise B2B for June 5th and 12th. We had a deck eight interior by the forward elevators and the entrance to Central Park. Anxious because we really wanted to keep the same room for both cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laylyn05 said:

I got this email today too for a June 20th sailing. I have an interior on deck 3 (I wanted low and midship and chose this one on purpose). I'm also thinking they're making a quarantine deck or area. Hopefully if they move me somewhere that doesn't work (I'm a very light sleeper), I have a little bit of sway with negotiating what will work for me since i'm being moved involuntarily. I debated bidding for a royal up but don't want to be risk being in a noisy area.

13 hours ago, Laylyn05 said:

So I logged into my RCCL account this morning and it shows they now gave us two rooms apart from each other, when we originally booked one that fit 5. We have 3 kids 8 and under so this definitely sucks. Hoping my TA can do something about it.

49 minutes ago, Laylyn05 said:

So I logged into my RCCL account this morning

Yes, I didn't get an email yet but log in and my new room assignment is there. It worked out well for me even though it's on a higher deck (which I was avoiding due to ship rocking). Hopefully it works out well for you in the end. I would imagine they want to keep you all together, even if they want to insist that an adult can stay in each room.

• Like 1

Guest TopoChico
2 hours ago, Laylyn05 said:

So I logged into my RCCL account this morning and it shows they now gave us two rooms apart from each other, when we originally booked one that fit 5. We have 3 kids 8 and under so this definitely sucks. Hoping my TA can do something about it.

Separating the family and forcing you and your husband in two separate cabins is unacceptable.  

They ended up moving us from a 4V inside to a 1D Oceanview balcony for each leg of our B2B. Unfortunately, they are not the same room for each cruise. But they are on the same deck and are a pretty solid "free" upgrade so we will be OK with ours despite having to swap rooms out between cruises. Hate to hear your party was split, OP. I hope you guys get it resolved.

Edited by Ralphinsc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Laylyn05 said:

I’d push them to put you in one of the JR Suites that hold five. They probably separated you because the next level up (balconies) don’t sleep five. Good luck!🍀 

26 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’d push them to put you in one of the JR Suites that hold five. They probably separated you because the next level up (balconies) don’t sleep five. Good luck!🍀 

I looked on RCCL’s website and there is one balcony room available that fits 5, as well as a few that are at least right next door to each other. Really not sure why they did it like this but I’m hopeful they’ll resolve it.

• Like 1

I've seen several bad mess-ups reported on the board in this regard to the extent that I can't help wondering if it's bots doing the switches and real people only get involved when someone complains.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:02 PM, Laylyn05 said:

Just wanted to give an update, my TA still hadn't called them and it’s been 2 days so I called myself this afternoon and after 2 hrs and 23 minutes they upgraded us to a Junior Suite at no charge. I think it pays to be kind because she apologized to me SO many times about the wait but I could tell she was trying to help so I had no problem waiting. I feel like they are used to getting yelled at all the time. 😞 Turned out even better than I hoped for!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Laylyn05 said:

Just wanted to give an update, my TA still hadn't called them and it’s been 2 days so I called myself this afternoon and after 2 hrs and 23 minutes they upgraded us to a Junior Suite at no charge. I think it pays to be kind because she apologized to me SO many times about the wait but I could tell she was trying to help so I had no problem waiting. I feel like they are used to getting yelled at all the time. 😞 Turned out even better than I hoped for!

So glad you managed to get it sorted. It must have been a huge worry with having little ones. I am always an advocate of being kind and polite. Unfortunately, all too often, it is the person who screams the loudest that gets the result.

But why on earth had your TA not called them yet? You were lucky they agreed to deal with you direct; normally they wouldn't do that when a TA is involved.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they would talk to me or not but glad they did. I contacted my TA to let her know I took care of it myself and her reply was asking me if I got a chance to look at the excursion links she sent (which she receives commission off LOL). Will definitely use a new one in the future!

• Like 6