Travel Agent or Not

tcdcruiser

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

.... Pleasantry is never calling 1-800- Dial a Clerk at Oceania....

What an insult to those O reps and Ambassadors who ofter know more than the numerous TAs unfamiliar with O’s idiosyncrasies.
Both ranks (TAs and O folks)have good ones and bad ones, pluses and minuses...  And, as aforementioned, knowing when to best utilize those O reps saves the “miracle working” TAs a lot of unnecessary effort that could be directed to bolstering their own volume of business.

14 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What an insult to those O reps and Ambassadors who ofter know more than the numerous TAs unfamiliar with O’s idiosyncrasies.
Both ranks (TAs and O folks)have good ones and bad ones, pluses and minuses...  And, as aforementioned, knowing when to best utilize those O reps saves the “miracle working” TAs a lot of unnecessary effort that could be directed to bolstering their own volume of business.

I have a highly professional Travel Agent and know how to use her. I never begrudge her earnings, nor plot how to minimize them. She’s both highly knowledgeable and generous. But then again, I don’t bid her services every cruise and go elsewhere to save $50 so to pay exorbitant shore excursion prices to Oceania. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting topic. We have been dealing with Oceania bookings with our same TA for years. Perk was always a rebate cheque at cruise end. This past March we used our FCCs for a transatlantic on the Marina. When no rebate cheque was received I contacted our TA. Was told that because we used our FCCs in full for the cruise the TA did not receive any commission from Oceania thus we would not receive any rebate. We found this strange as pre covid we had paid in full and would assume that at some point our TA would have received a commission. Any similar experiences out there?