Cheers package limits

flcraigs5

I have tried to find the answer myself but have had no luck. I know the cheers package  includes alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. I also have read that you have a limit of 15 drinks per 24 hours. Do non alcoholic drinks count towards your 15 or do they only count alcoholic drinks?

Edited by flcraigs5

@flcraigs5 only through these boards I've seen that non-alcoholic drink are not included in the 15 drink count.  So another words, you can get sloshed off the 15 drinks but then still drink unlimited milk shakes and coffee in addition to that 15 drink # limit.  Your stomach may not agree but HEY GO FOR IT!  😉 I know we will be!  

Edited by Laplayaperson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

@flcraigs5 only through these boards I've seen that non-alcoholic drink are not included in the 15 drink count.  So another words, you can get sloshed off the 15 drinks but then still drink unlimited milk shakes and coffee in addition to that 15 drink # limit.  Your stomach may not agree but HEY GO FOR IT!  😉 I know we will be!  

Correct

this is from the cheers faq.   https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/cheers!-beverage-program-q%26as

I understand there is a maximum of 15 drinks a day for the CHEERS! program. With the enhanced program, do non-alcoholic drinks count toward this total?
Sodas and other applicable non-alcoholic beverages remain unlimited and will not be counted toward the 15 alcoholic beverages limit, and all other policies and procedures remain the same. Guests are expected to enjoy alcohol responsibly and staff members are trained not to serve guests who appear to be intoxicated.

• Thanks 1

Non-alcoholic drinks do not count towards your 15 limit.

And, by the way, that 15 limit is in general. It is not just for Cheers. They used to not enforce that, but they are doing so more these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadofsix said:

Non-alcoholic drinks do not count against the 15 limit and can be ordered at the same time as the alcoholic drink. No waiting 5 minutes like you have with the alcoholic drinks.

This was not my experience last month on Liberty. All cheers drinks had a wait time in between which was enforced. 

10 minutes ago, Jelly_Toast said:

This was not my experience last month on Liberty. All cheers drinks had a wait time in between which was enforced. 

On Dream I was able to order pop or water at the same time of my alcohol drink. 
i could not order two alcohol drinks within 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Yes they enforce the time limit between alcoholic drinks but you can order and adult beverage and a water or soda at the same time.

6 hours ago, 1kaper said:

Heck, our server at the piano bar would serve us a drink and a bottle of water when she knew we were probably drinking enough to warrant a hangover the next day... thank goodness Kiki was looking out for us!!!

12 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

You can order an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time with no problem.  Do it all of the time to stay hydrated.

16 hours ago, 1kaper said:

13 hours ago, Dadofsix said:

Yes they enforce the time limit between alcoholic drinks but you can order and adult beverage and a water or soda at the same time.

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You can order an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time with no problem.  Do it all of the time to stay hydrated.

Yes, I see what you all are saying but what I’m saying is that this was not my personal experience. It seems I’m obviously in the minority but my personal experience is I was not given water without waiting. 

15 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Yes, I see what you all are saying but what I’m saying is that this was not my personal experience. It seems I’m obviously in the minority but my personal experience is I was not given water without waiting. 

Now that you know what the rules are, if you encounter this problem in the future, you know how to react.  Just do your business with a server who knows the rules of Cheers.  Your situation is not the norm.