Walgreens rapid NAAT test OK?

whoshwhosh

I am getting overwhelmed with testing terms. Celebrity refers to an "Antigen" test two days prior to cruise.  Will the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test qualify,  I can get results in 2 hours the day before my flight to Europe.

Sorry for another covid test question but I rely so much on my fellow CC folks for help.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

I am getting overwhelmed with testing terms. Celebrity refers to an "Antigen" test two days prior to cruise.  Will the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test qualify,  I can get results in 2 hours the day before my flight to Europe.

Sorry for another covid test question but I rely so much on my fellow CC folks for help.

Thanks 

Yes it is accepted. There is really nothing administered by a health care provider that is not acceptable.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 12.29.06 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Yes it is accepted. There is really nothing administered by a health care provider that is not acceptable.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 12.29.06 PM.png

Except for antibody tests. Not accepted. 

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, GigemAggies said:

Will the "rapid" tests be accepted by the airlines as well?

You do not need tests for the airlines.  Tests are either cruise line required or country (port of call) required, I believe (for example, the US currently requires testing before entering the USA from another country).  I don't know of a major airline requiring testing.

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Of course not.  An antibody test shows a previous infection that could have been years ago.  

Well, fine.  But I just wanted to interject that in case some other reader saw the comment about "nothing administered by a health care provider that is not acceptable" and ran with that.

Tom & Judy

Can anyone confirm celebrity"s 2 day prior requirment is 2 calendar days and not 48 hours prior to boarding.    I would like to take our covid tests in the US morning of june 5, then overnight flight to amsterdam spend june 6 night in amsterdam and board ship june 7 afternoon.   

I know that the return to US requirement is one calendar day and not 24 hours.  CDC specifically says an 8 am monday test is good for a 3 pm tuesday flight to US.   I am hoping the same applies to celebrity 2 day requirement.  

13 minutes ago, CCJack said:

Can anyone confirm celebrity"s 2 day prior requirment is 2 calendar days and not 48 hours prior to boarding.    I would like to take our covid tests in the US morning of june 5, then overnight flight to amsterdam spend june 6 night in amsterdam and board ship june 7 afternoon.   

I know that the return to US requirement is one calendar day and not 24 hours.  CDC specifically says an 8 am monday test is good for a 3 pm tuesday flight to US.   I am hoping the same applies to celebrity 2 day requirement.  

Ignore hours. It's two days. You can take the test two days, one day or the same day you board the ship.  A test taken on 5 June will work for a 7 June boarding. 

Edited by davekathy