Kmom Live-ish from Carnival Vista April 23-30, 2022

KmomChicago

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

We’re turning in early again. None of tonight’s entertainment is beckoning very hard. There are some Punchliner shows but those have been filling up and we’re not willing to queue up 30-45 minutes early. 

Deal or No Deal looks boring to me; I don’t like that kind of game show with all the inane drivel in between the action. (Sorry)

Love and Marriage show is usually good fun and I’m sure Kyndall does a bang up job of it, but it’s at 9:30 tonight and we need to be in the Liquid Lounge dressed, packed and rarin’ to go at 7:30 am for our Lamanai Mayan ruins tour. 

B2EB5F15-50A1-4916-8273-058706E68976.thumb.jpeg.cba2c05d53870b1f804db791495d16cd.jpeg

A Bob’s Burgers just started on Adult Swim. We have a winner! 

Good night all, it’s 8pm. Kmom signing off until tomorrow. 

Enjoy Lamanai; I know we did. Does your tour also include a boat ride to see wildlife before getting to Lamanai?

On 4/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, KmomChicago said:

Standard hard used motor coach with a restroom. Nothing special, bathroom looks clean but smells like urine, not that you’d refuse in an emergency on the 70-90 minute ride.

image.jpg

I would refuse it unless of an EXTREME emergency...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Have you noticed tonight's menu has bolognese lasagna listed twice, once as appetizer and once as main? It's the first time I have noticed that. It's about 1 now ship time, hopefully the sun will be out soon. I have noticed a lot of the staff are not as friendly, have you noticed the same?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfrometa said:

Where did you get those from? Leaving on the Legend in 4 days( SO EXCITED), any changes from your last cruise?

you can get the capers at the service desk.  they usually have a stack of them.  

you can probably get them elsewhere but i found the easiest way was at the service desk.  

no waiting.  just go and pick one up!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

Have you noticed tonight's menu has bolognese lasagna listed twice, once as appetizer and once as main? It's the first time I have noticed that. It's about 1 now ship time, hopefully the sun will be out soon. I have noticed a lot of the staff are not as friendly, have you noticed the same?

Each night or most nights there’s been one item listed both as an appetizer and as a main.

Our room steward is very nice and extremely efficient. I have not noticed unfriendly staff overall.

• Like 2

We just got back from Lamanai/Belize.  It was very rainy and a lot of walking on uneven terrain but a beautiful experience in the rainforest a LONG drive plus short very fast riverboat from Belize City.  A woman passed out in the heat and humidity. Apparently it was a hypoglycemic event but they got her treated and we were only delayed a few minutes from the normal schedule. Everyone was drenched and sweaty and the tender ride between shore and ship takes quite a bit of time, like close to an hour total to load, ride and unload as Vista drops anchor way far out in the sea.

We’re getting cleaned up for second elegant night which is oddly night 5 instead of 6 but whatever. I’ll get caught up later.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Another unique thing is that at the first show, America Rocks, they had 10 performers, plus the band. It must be cast change time. 

Last week there were no Playlist shows. Also early in the week a show called I think Flick was advertised and now it’s not happening.  Something is definitely up with them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

We just got back from Lamanai/Belize.  It was very rainy and a lot of walking on uneven terrain but a beautiful experience in the rainforest a LONG drive plus short very fast riverboat from Belize City.  A woman passed out in the heat and humidity. Apparently it was a hypoglycemic event but they got her treated and we were only delayed a few minutes from the normal schedule. Everyone was drenched and sweaty and the tender ride between shore and ship takes quite a bit of time, like close to an hour total to load, ride and unload as Vista drops anchor way far out in the sea.

We’re getting cleaned up for second elegant night which is oddly night 5 instead of 6 but whatever. I’ll get caught up later.

I remember a slow boat ride in which wildlife was pointed out. I don't remember a lot of walking on uneven terrain. I think that was in 2003 or 2004, so my memory of the second part may not be totally accurate, but I do remember the boat ride. They faked running out of gas on the way back. I remember feeling that they were trying to elicit extra tips with their heroic getting us back to the bus to the ship on time.

• Like 1

Amine from Morocco has been fun with trivia and his occasionally thick accent with some confusion at times, and he often jokes about the misunderstandings.  I don’t know how everyone else feels but we’re on vacation and meeting people from other cultures is part of the fun. We always figure out what they’re asking eventually. 

We chatted with someone one day who was kinda grumbling about they-should-be-more serious about the trivia and getting frustrated about this. What’s the point of being frustrated? I think if my dear long deceased friend Carol had lived another 18 years (which would make her alive now and until May 10 of this year), and if she had watched all 3 of her children grow up instead of another woman stepping in after marrying her widower husband, that she would just delight in every minute of this cruise and the funny trivia mishaps. 

So you go on with how you do it, Amine from Morocco and we are ALONG for the ride!

• Like 10