Unmasking… new protocols 4/22

2 minutes ago, pcur said:

Maybe specific to the Navi here on the West Coast????

The CC crowdsource info is pretty quick and accurate most of the time - if any RCI ship anywhere in the world would have stopped initial embarkation testing, we would have heard about it by now. Heck, even RCI would have probably announced it.

Edited by Biker19

13 hours ago, pcur said:

OK, clarification needed again:  I'm talking about repiratory infections in general, and one of our group went home 2 days ago, tested negative for COVID, and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I also heard a LOT of similar coughing around the ship (like I used to when I would come home with an URI).  

So not interested in this debate any more.  Time for the DL and dinner.  Happy cruising.

With all due respect, but you're spreading a lot of misinformation here, and then you get upset when you get called out:

- You're saying that you are "concerned about GETTING COVID FROM unvaccinated people of any age." That's fine, but you should be equally concerned about getting COVID from vaccinated people of any age.

- You mentioned that you noticed an increase in coughing when mask requirements where dropped (indicating those two are related).

- Then you're saying testing is not required as per 5/2? Maybe that's for B2B but you should specify so.

Listen, you have your own protocols and that's fine. Just don't start getting upset when you spread misinformation and you get called out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The CC crowdsource info is pretty quick and accurate most of the time - if any RCI ship anywhere in the world would have stopped initial embarkation testing, we would have heard about it by now.

Ummmmm, OK.  Just passing along what I was told after asking last night, using adjectives like "all" and "any", and specifying "pre-cruise" vs "b2b".

I have no idea outside my Navi bubble.  

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

Ummmmm, OK.  Just passing along what I was told after asking last night, using adjectives like "all" and "any", and specifying "pre-cruise" vs "b2b".

I have no idea outside my Navi bubble.  

This is direct from the Travel agent portal Cruising Power for Fridays sailing.

Sailing Information

SAILING INFORMATION

Brand

Royal Caribbean

Ship

Navigator Of The Seas

Sailing Date

13 MAY 2022

Adults – Age 12 and over

ADULTS – AGE 12 AND OVER

REQUIREMENTS

Booking Checkmark Icon

Vaccination

Required

See list of accepted vaccines

Booking Checkmark Icon

Pre-Arrival Negative Test

Required

COVID 19 PCR TEST , or COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Collected from: 05/11/2022 - 05/13/2022

Booking Checkmark Icon

Embarkation Negative Test

Not Required

COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Sail date:
05/13/2022

Booking Checkmark Icon

Debarkation Negative Test

Not Required

COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Debarkation Date:
05/13/2022

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, exm said:

With all due respect, but you're spreading a lot of misinformation here, and then you get upset when you get called out:

- You're saying that you are "concerned about GETTING COVID FROM unvaccinated people of any age." That's fine, but you should be equally concerned about getting COVID from vaccinated people of any age.

- You mentioned that you noticed an increase in coughing when mask requirements where dropped (indicating those two are related).

- Then you're saying testing is not required as per 5/2? Maybe that's for B2B but you should specify so.

Listen, you have your own protocols and that's fine. Just don't start getting upset when you spread misinformation and you get called out.

With all due respect returned, like all of us here, I pass along my experience and opinion. No more; no less.

I specifically asked if the testing on the Navi had stopped for new passengers coming on board, and was told "yes" by a staff member. Time will tell if this continues.

What may be interpreted as "being upset" is me trying to clarify my statement.

So, now I understand EVERYBODY can infect me: vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Again, happy cruising everyone!!

3 hours ago, pcur said:

With all due respect returned, like all of us here, I pass along my experience and opinion. No more; no less.

I specifically asked if the testing on the Navi had stopped for new passengers coming on board, and was told "yes" by a staff member. Time will tell if this continues.

What may be interpreted as "being upset" is me trying to clarify my statement.

So, now I understand EVERYBODY can infect me: vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Again, happy cruising everyone!!

Well, considering those on the May 13 roll call are talking about preboarding testing, I think you misunderstood what the staff member said.  No testing between b2b's, but everyone is still required to test before boarding.   You've done some guessing on here and posted info that has been shown to be incorrect.   That is how rumors and incorrect info gets spread.   

Edited by BND