Greek Isles cruise vs land trip

Considering a Greek Isles cruise in 2 years. Departing Rome>Naples, Greek Isles itinerary. Current ship is Odyssey of the seas offering 9 night cruises. Anyone done that before? Was it worth it? I’ve been to Rome before and enjoyed it, but missed a couple major sites(Pompeii/Amalfi). Debating on doing this cruise, or a land trip to Greece, and focus on a country I haven’t seen.

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise

We did a Med cruise in 2015 with Vision OTS.  It was a 12 day RT Barcelona w/stops in Cannes, Florence, Rome, Kusadasi/Ephesus, Athens, Santorini, Naples, Barcelona.  Loved it!  We did have some sea days which were needed with the intensity of the tours.  Did all private tours which were cheaper than the cruise line with fewer people.  I did write a detailed review.   We used Rome Cabs for Italy and did visit Pompeii which was some place I always wanted to see.  I arranged private tours for Turkey and Greece and people from our Roll Call joined.  There was 18 of us on those 2 tours.

Happy to answer any questions. 

7 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Considering a Greek Isles cruise in 2 years. Departing Rome>Naples, Greek Isles itinerary. Current ship is Odyssey of the seas offering 9 night cruises. Anyone done that before? Was it worth it? I’ve been to Rome before and enjoyed it, but missed a couple major sites(Pompeii/Amalfi). Debating on doing this cruise, or a land trip to Greece, and focus on a country I haven’t seen.

We are doing precisely this itinerary and ship in two weeks' time. We have stops at Naples, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Rhodes and Chania. This will be Odyssey's first time doing these itineraries as the pandemic scuppered the ones she was supposed to do last year.

I will probably do a "happy to answer questions" thread.