Private excursions

florence11

15 minutes ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

We are group going on Emerald Princess (yeah 1st cruise in 3 years) in March 2023. We do like to do our thing and book things privately are we allowed to do this now or do we have to book tours with ship?

Thanks😎

You can see information for cruises from various countries at https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

Current details for cruises from North America to the Caribbean are in the screenshot but it can change frequently 

742D6F70-03C8-4F54-8EA5-153AD2A09029.png

5 hours ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the info, so basically I can book private trips in any port except the ones listed at the moment. I know things do change but what happens if I book a trip privately and suddenly the rules change?

If you are going to the Caribbean from North America, that is true as if today.  If you book privately and the country rules change for your port of call, you will have to work it out with the tour provider.  I'd ask questions about their cancellation policy before I booked.  It's always been important to ask what their policy is if the ship doesn't dock or the itinerary changes for any other reason.

We are narrowing down what we would like to do but are not going to book anything yet hopefully everything will be back to normal by the time we go. Its the same with all these covid tests, we do not know where we stand with them at the moment as we coming over from the UK to Fort Lauderdale for a few days before we sail. I am just hoping that will all have stopped fingers crossed.

Florence, no one knows yet what the rules you will face at the time of your cruise, but right now, the video monitored Co-Vid tests here in the US are very simple.  You just need the proctored Binex (?) test and you run it in your home or hotel room while connected to the proctor using something like facetime. 

I was very pleased with how simple it was.

So even if you need to take a test just a day or two before the cruise, don't fret about it!