Just off Oasis...wow!

9 hours ago, basktchic said:

I posted a detail description of why Anthem was a dud for us. 

Sorry you had such a bad experience.  Our experience was very different.  Sounds like a lot of bad luck between servers, room attendant, CD and norovirus. When we were on Anthem, it was 63% capacity so never felt busy.  But I can see the esplanade area being hard to walkthrough with a larger crowd.

And interesting about We Will Rock You.  The cast we saw was outstanding.  Spectra cast was talented, but I found the show itself very odd.

Glad you had a great time on Oasis.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lgonquin said:

Shows all good. Except for (wait for it…..) 

Cats. They cancelled mid week due to “technical difficulties”. We interpreted that as COVID related.

When we were on Oasis 3 weeks ago, a performance was delayed due to issues with the moveable platforms on the stage. The large middle stage that pops up, wouldn't retract. That obviously messes with choreography. Could be that, could be Covid, could be other. 

13 hours ago, basktchic said:

Anthem was a huge disappointment on many levels:

- food - just meh... no one meal was what I would call good or great 

- entertainment- we walked out of the production shows in the theatre and in the 270 (spectra's cabaret and we will rock you). The quality of the performers were high school level at best

- servers in the restaurants and bars were mediocre

-cabin steward - bad - our room had food on the floor and finger prints on the mirrors and tv at check in!

- the flow of the ship on the promenade was so cramped that at many times it felt like walking through a black Friday sale.

- cruise director - was Dennis Charles - just didnt seem to have any real passion for what he was doing - very forced feel

Our cruise was the 4th week in a row with a norovirus outbreak and we had delayed boarding because of it...knowing this, I was surprised they weren't forcing people to wash their hands when entering the buffet or restaurants. One night we even had 4 crew in hazmat suits fogging our hallway...they just told us to walk through this fog...eeewww no thank you 

I suspect the struggle to get enough helps is a factor in a lot of this.

We LOVED We will Rock You & the singers were the best I had heard at sea up to that point...but I admit that they have been as good on NCL & Celebrity since that cruise.

I 100% believe a CD can make or break a cruise. We have had several that were fantastic. But one cruise we had a pompous, often absent CD & it put a damper on the whole cruise. He would show up at the beginning of things--he seemed to like to hear himself sing & talk and then POOF, he was gone. His poor asst CD was running EVERYTHING & you could see her exhaustion.

I cruised B2B last July on the Edge & we had 8 cases on the 1st cruise...at 4:30 on Friday b4 Saturday embarkation Celebrity decided EVERYONE boarding needed a COVID test! (they had not been required to sail out of US), That was a CLUSTER. Mom had an 11AM boarding time, & got onboard at 3PM! Raging hot & never did get tested! (I believe Capt. Kate stepped in & said "We are DONE here."!) Everyone got $250 OBC--Mom said that was worth it, lol! Ironically, NO cases on that 2nd cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWACruising said:

When we were on Oasis 3 weeks ago, a performance was delayed due to issues with the moveable platforms on the stage. The large middle stage that pops up, wouldn't retract. That obviously messes with choreography. Could be that, could be Covid, could be other. 

they replaced Cats with the sets on the stage and some of the performers from the show singing their favorite songs...it was meh...we left to go enjoy the rest of the ship. I heard they were able to actually put on one performance later in the cruise and then it was back to "technical issues". Who knows. the rest of the ship was enough to keep us entertained and the ice and water shows were spectacular. the Comics and Magician were also really good. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Punnymaker said:

Did you notice any staffing shortage on the Oasis?  Were any activities (such as laser tag, escape room) not running?  Did any of the restaurants have more limited hours than usual?

I got off of the Oasis on the 27th of March and definitely noticed a staffing issue. The Ultimate Abyss, Merry go round, rock wall and other activities seemed to have very limited operating hours so it was hard to take advantage of them. Loved the ship, just thought there seemed to have a bit of staffing issue. 

5 hours ago, Subman738 said:

I got off of the Oasis on the 27th of March and definitely noticed a staffing issue. The Ultimate Abyss, Merry go round, rock wall and other activities seemed to have very limited operating hours so it was hard to take advantage of them. Loved the ship, just thought there seemed to have a bit of staffing issue. 

With almost full passenger capacity and about 60% crew on board it is understandable. The crew currently dont get time off and of course cannot leave the ship even if they did get time off.