Information from Princess re COVID

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

For the international, you just go into the medicare app and there is a link to add your passport details, and that generates an international version of your vaxx status

Thanks, I will do that. I think the presenter of today's talk said something about that.

1 hour ago, losfp said:

I would suggest that especially if you are sailing on one of the earlier cruises after resumption, that you have multiple digital and paper copies of both types, just in case. I certainly will.

The presenter of the webinar suggested people should have digital and paper copies of their vax certificate, and have a few copies of the paper one.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:20 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope they will provide more details about what is allowed at port stops well before our cruise starts. We have family who live near Cairns so would like to be able to catch up with them on one or both of the cruises we have booked but, of course, won't be able to do that if it's ship excursions only. It would be nice to have enough notice of what to expect so we can make arrangements ahead of time. 

On our recent cruise we were given a list of port "rules" on day two.  Two ports required ship or government approved excursions only..no wandering around outside of port shops.

I really suggest  getting the medallion clip to use while on board.  I clipped it on blouse by neckline (or bra strap) and hubby on shirt neckline.  Unlike previous cruises, the medallion is used quite a bit and using the clip ons were quick access,  Wearing it at neck/chest level also unlocked your cabin door with ease, especially when you have two drinks in hand.

• Haha 1

Just now, BRANDEE said:

On our recent cruise we were given a list of port "rules" on day two.  Two ports required ship or government approved excursions only..no wandering around outside of port shops.

I really suggest  getting the medallion clip to use while on board.  I clipped it on blouse by neckline (or bra strap) and hubby on shirt neckline.  Unlike previous cruises, the medallion is used quite a bit and using the clip ons were quick access,  Wearing it at neck/chest level also unlocked your cabin door with ease, especially when you have two drinks in hand.

Is the 'clip on' an optional extra?

Not sure if this has been posted but anyone doing a b2b must disembark and take their luggage off the ship and leave their luggage in the terminal so they can do a deep clean

its been mentioned on Facebook about the b2b if their in the same cabin to pack their things and hide the suitcases in the wardrobe and under the bed but to tee it with the steward and saves them taking the luggage ashore 

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Is the 'clip on' an optional extra?

yep..It was $8USD...I still had mine from our Australian Ruby 2020 cruise.  I was not a fan of the medallion but have to admit it really came in handy at times.  Of course, there were glitches, but not too many.  I did not carry my phone, but my husband did.  He kept ordering drinks. He was determined to reach his 15 alcoholic limit per day  lol  never made it past 5/6

7 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Not sure if this has been posted but anyone doing a b2b must disembark and take their luggage off the ship and leave their luggage in the terminal so they can do a deep clean

its been mentioned on Facebook about the b2b if their in the same cabin to pack their things and hide the suitcases in the wardrobe and under the bed but to tee it with the steward and saves them taking the luggage ashore 

On b2b in the same room..only you leave for quick shore recount.

21 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

They clearly stated that on the restart cruises through to early September fully vaccinated passengers could go ashore independently, but suggested they carry their vaccination certificates with them ashore.

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Yes and can purchase it onboard.

I will consider the clip on. I liked Brandee's idea of clipping it to her bra strap. That might work better than having it in a small purse in my pocket.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They clearly stated that on the restart cruises through to early September fully vaccinated passengers could go ashore independently, but suggested they carry their vaccination certificates with them ashore.

There is a lot of info circulating ATM. Lets be careful not to get the new Australian protocols mixed in with what the US has been doing over the past few months.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

What about a Faraday cage?🙂

After we took our covid test on board, I asked the medic when will we be notified of results (it was done on day before b2b turnaround)  She said..no news is good news.  And then she pointed to my medallion and said we find you. So I decided to read up on sun deck and about an hour after the test an officer, with mask on and walkie talkie is coming my way.  He stopped next to me and picked up my empty coffee cup, said have a good day and kept walking.  Not funny!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

For the first several months at least, the cruises are all domestic (except for one port call in Papua New Guinea in August - I think it is August). It is only the PNG one where the presenter this morning cast doubt on going ashore independently, but he commented that "no-one lives on the island"! I suppose it depends on your definition of living. There is accommodation on the island where people live and work.

The one thing that really concerns me is that people only have to "attest" to testing negative. No proof is required. I may be a bit cynical but I bet some people won't bother doing the test, they'll just tick the box or whatever regardless. And our blasted state governments were the ones to mandate that protocol.🙄🤬

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

In the Princess webinar this morning, they said that B2B people must pack up all their luggage to disembark, leaving the room empty for a deep clean. ☹️

That stinks!!  A deep cleaning, but not a PCR test.  Go figure!!

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I will consider the clip on. I liked Brandee's idea of clipping it to her bra strap. That might work better than having it in a small purse in my pocket.

That sounds like a great idea. Years ago I made "secret pockets" that I could clip on my bra strap and tuck into my bra under my arm for overseas travel. They were great, easy to access but very secure.

• Like 1

The one thing that really concerns me is that peoole only have to "attest" to testing negative. No proof is required. I may be a bit cynical but I bet some people won't bother doing the test, they'll just tick the box or whatever regardless. And our blasted state governments were the ones to mandate that protocol.🙄🤬

Looking for trouble!  Already there is problems in US sailing due to lax mask requirements and overbooked sailings.

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

Deep cleaning is the cruise line protocol. Testing mandates come from the state governments who, I suspect, insisted that the cruise lines follow the current state protocols for international travel.

• Like 2

Just now, BRANDEE said:

When the B2B people disembark, I think the presenter this morning mentioned that Princess would carry out COVID testing. They also had to have a RAT test on the last day of the first cruise.

I think the whole ship will have a deep clean between cruises, even if it delays embarkation.

That sounds like a great idea. Years ago I made "secret pockets" that I could clip on my bra strap and tuck into my bra under my arm for overseas travel. They were great, easy to access but very secure.

BTW it is also waterproof, so no having to take it off if going in pool and wearing it on bathing suit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

Looking for trouble!  Already there is problems in US sailing due to lax mask requirements and overbooked sailings.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see who screams loudest about petri dish cruise ships if an outbreak occurs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see who screams loudest about petri dish cruise ships if an outbreak occurs 

The poor Ruby is having a hard time on the west coast of US.  They keep quoting her covid numbers like she is cursed. The poor girl has a reputation that she can't get away from!!