Transferring a booking after final payment has been made

Wineinhand

Hi, everyone , I’m new to posting on here though I have lurked and found your tips on cruising very helpful. I have cruised with P and O 3 times and have a booking with 2 other people in the same cabin which is sailing in 4 weeks. Unfortunately the lady I’m going with is unsure she can go now due to her daughters illness becoming worse. I am wondering if we can transfer the booking to next year ? Also if anyone know the likely cost? I know if we cancel we lose 90% to 100% at this late stage.

Other than that if we could possibly get someone else to travel would we be able to change the names on the booking? Again would this incur a cost that anyone knows?
Sorry for the long post but would like to have an idea of both before speaking to P and O direct. 

39 minutes ago, Wineinhand said:

Hi, everyone , I’m new to posting on here though I have lurked and found your tips on cruising very helpful. I have cruised with P and O 3 times and have a booking with 2 other people in the same cabin which is sailing in 4 weeks. Unfortunately the lady I’m going with is unsure she can go now due to her daughters illness becoming worse. I am wondering if we can transfer the booking to next year ? Also if anyone know the likely cost? I know if we cancel we lose 90% to 100% at this late stage.

Other than that if we could possibly get someone else to travel would we be able to change the names on the booking? Again would this incur a cost that anyone knows?
Sorry for the long post but would like to have an idea of both before speaking to P and O direct. 

I think there are so many questions and options here, some better than others although potentially none of them easy, that in my view, you should contact P&O straightaway (even if you booked through an agent, I would still try P&O first of all). Good luck.

1 minute ago, ozzysdad said:

Transferring monies between cruises isn't a problem, at one time you had to book something of at least the same value but now I think you can transfer what you like.

That option only exists up until final balance it paid. The OP has paid their final balance

8 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

That option only exists up until final balance it paid. The OP has paid their final balance

Apologies if that is the case, I have moved them around but as you suggest that would of been before final balance was paid.

4 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Of course forgot they are sailing in four weeks . Up to them to contact P&O and possibly 

lose a lot of money . I remember someone posting that  they clicked the wrong button on 

the online health questionare they send you . They got a auto response saying  that they 

"could not go and please choose another cruise for future use "....  Choices :classic_unsure:

38 minutes ago, kalos said:

Of course forgot they are sailing in four weeks . Up to them to contact P&O and possibly 

lose a lot of money . I remember someone posting that  they clicked the wrong button on 

the online health questionare they send you . They got a auto response saying  that they 

"could not go and please choose another cruise for future use "....  Choices :classic_unsure:

Yes, as I posted earlier, if you contract Covid, or even are in contact with someone who has it in the seven days before you board, you get all your fare refunded as a future credit.  

• Like 1

If you have booked with a TA then they are your first port of call. If you phone P&O you could be on hold for considerable time and then all they will tell you is if you have booked with a TA talk to them.They very rarely, if at all, discuss cruises booked with TA because that is what they pay them commission for. Your options are very limited as you will not be able to transfer under free transfer policy because you have paid your balance. Your only option is to turn the booking into a cruise for 2 people instead of 3 which will affect the price or if you can get somebody else to go in their place see if you can change names and details.

Thank you all for your replies.I understand P and O now have you do cert to travel the day before so not sure “catching Covid” would work 😂

Pete , I am going to have to speak to them but was just hoping to get a plan together.  If I knew how much it would cost to transfer the booking to another person 🧐 but thought if I contacted them they would realize what  I need to do and say I have to cancel.  I think a quick check to see if anyone has any holidays from work and would be able to go might be my next step. Thanks again .

23 hours ago, wowzz said:

You could "unfortunately " catch Covid the week before your cruise. P&O would then cancel your entire booking, and give you credit to be used on a future cruise.  

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I understand you complete a Health Declaration 1-3 days before your departure date. If you fail, you are told you cannot travel and a FCC will be issued in due course. This was the position when I cruise in Feb 22.. 

Thank you , that may be an option to try if we can’t get someone else to come.