Norwegian Jade - Athens Greek Islands Freestyle Dailies

KeithJenner

I've just scanned and uploaded the freestyle dailies from last weeks 7 day Greek Island cruise.

This is not the itinerary which heads out to Israel, but I think that this one is boing done a few times during the Summer. Hope it helps.

Day 1.pdf Day 2.pdf Day 3.pdf Day 4.pdf Day 5.pdf Day 6.pdf Day 7.pdf Disembark.pdf

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Thank you. It appears that on day 1 (embarkation) there was no MDR open for lunch. Was that correct?

I expect so as we were on the week before and it was also not open for lunch on our embarkation day, its our normal location for lunch on day 1.

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Thank you. It appears that on day 1 (embarkation) there was no MDR open for lunch. Was that correct?

I can’t say for sure, as we just tend to head to o’Sheehans on embarkation day. I didn’t even look to see what else was available.

But given that they didn’t the week before it doesn’t surprise me.

@KeithJenner

Thank you for today's rib-tickling laugh.   I was looking at your Day 7 Freestyle Daily.

I loved the information about the "Donkey walk"; but the English was atrocious.   Then I looked further and found this:-

image.png.879255ebd5b723d12d7e6b8a52682182.png

I see that NCL still refuses to use a proof reader for their Freestyle Daily.   JEPARODY in the heading and Jeopardy in the description. 

Reminded me of the person  we came across,  "ANOYNMOUS", on one cruise.   They did correct it later in the cruise to "ANONYMOUS".

• Haha 2

Thank you for these Keith!  Enjoyed traveling along with you and followed you on IG.  I was checking out the Sunday Daily and it lists Bar Services (hours) for the first day.  Was it mentioned anywhere that they can't serve until well after disembarkation or people just found out when they got on board?  

21 hours ago, willetstravel said:

Thank you for these Keith!  Enjoyed traveling along with you and followed you on IG.  I was checking out the Sunday Daily and it lists Bar Services (hours) for the first day.  Was it mentioned anywhere that they can't serve until well after disembarkation or people just found out when they got on board?  

We just found out when trying. As far as I can tell there was no official announcement or mention made at all.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for these!  We just booked this for May 2023. I know it may change a bit but we’ve never cruised NCL so it’s nice to get an idea of how they do their dailies. 

One question - the specialty restaurants have some that are a’la carte & othered that are just the cover/up charge. We’ve sailed Celebrity & those are just the upcharge, so how does a’la carte charge work with the specialty dining promo?

thanks!

25 minutes ago, pugrads said:

Thank you for these!  We just booked this for May 2023. I know it may change a bit but we’ve never cruised NCL so it’s nice to get an idea of how they do their dailies. 

One question - the specialty restaurants have some that are a’la carte & othered that are just the cover/up charge. We’ve sailed Celebrity & those are just the upcharge, so how does a’la carte charge work with the specialty dining promo?

thanks!

Basically your meal is covered in the a la carte restaurants although you are restricted to one entree. There are a small number of menu items with an upcharge mentioned on the menu. We very rarely have any charge when using the dining package, although as an example I did have crab cakes in Cagneys on this trip which is an upcharge item ($5 extra I think).

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, willetstravel said:

We just disembarked yesterday. No announcements but you’d see them subtly remove the stand-up signage from the bars once it was “time” 🙂

7 hours ago, vanchelle said:

We just disembarked yesterday. No announcements but you’d see them subtly remove the stand-up signage from the bars once it was “time” 🙂

The question you were responding to was regarding the temporary situation we had back in April where there was no bar service on embarkation day until the evening after we had left Athens.

Are you saying that these issues have returned?

17 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The question you were responding to was regarding the temporary situation we had back in April where there was no bar service on embarkation day until the evening after we had left Athens.

Are you saying that these issues have returned?

Yes, this was the situation on the Jade very recently for my sailing June 19-26. My TA had learned from NCL that this is indeed a “thing”  so we were ready for it. I posted an actual picture of the signage at the bars on another post. 

6 hours ago, vanchelle said:

Yes, this was the situation on the Jade very recently for my sailing June 19-26. My TA had learned from NCL that this is indeed a “thing”  so we were ready for it. I posted an actual picture of the signage at the bars on another post. 

Did you have the beverage package?

6 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

These are great. The itinerary for later in the year is a bit different but some of the ports are the same. I wish we were staying in Mykonos as late as you did!

The Jade is doing various itineraries through the year. The cruises either side of ours were different.

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Did you have the beverage package?

Yes, so we could get anything that was included on our package but no option to “pay extra” for say, the chocolate martini which is over 15$. We also couldn’t buy anything at Java Cafe in port as the regular beverage package doesn’t cover those coffees.  Otherwise, we could order drinks and show our card on beverage package and they weren’t even running it through computer, providing a receipt. 

1 minute ago, vanchelle said:

Yes, so we could get anything that was included on our package but no option to “pay extra” for say, the chocolate martini which is over 15$. We also couldn’t buy anything at Java Cafe in port as the regular beverage package doesn’t cover those coffees.  Otherwise, we could order drinks and show our card on beverage package and they weren’t even running it through computer, providing a receipt. 

Aah, ok, yes that is as expected. I thought that you were saying they were back to the no bar service thing. 🙂

13 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Aah, ok, yes that is as expected. I thought that you were saying they were back to the no bar service thing. 🙂

No-the bars are just “only open/servicing those with the berate packages” while in Greek Ports. 

8B3B9937-DCE9-498E-AE1E-2FFAFC0B0AFC.jpeg

• Like 1